Top positive review
35 of 35 people found this helpful
A nice first board game
on March 16, 2014
My 3 year 2 month old granddaughter loves princesses, so when I saw this classic game in a Disney edition with four princesses, I ordered it. Here's why l like this.
1. This is a great first board game because of its simplicity--just move your piece to the colored squares on the card you draw or to the squares on the special cards. My granddaughter was quickly able to grasp how this is played.
2. She really likes that the player pieces are princesses. We haven't figured out who the fourth princess is yet (we know Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty), but it doesn't matter to her.
3. I've read a negative review complaining about the quality of the princesses. I think for playing pieces they're just fine. And my granddaughter also uses them to play in her dollhouse and feeds them in her kitchen. So even when we're not playing the game, she is using the princesses.
4. Another review complains about the base of the princesses being too big to fit on the squares. But my granddaughter knows that when she has moved to say a blue square, that's the one she's on even if the base of the princess also extends slightly onto another colored square. Children are a lot less nitpicking than adults and just focus on having fun.
5. The board is a convenient size for my dining room table (15 1/2 x 20 1/4 inches) and is easy to open and close since you fold it twice to 1/4 its original size for storage. The playing cards are durable and a good size for small hands (3 x 1 3/4 inches).
6. But the most important thing is that my granddaughter has fun playing this game and loves playing with the princesses outside the game. This is her first board game and it's a great way to expose a young child to following game rules, reaching a goal, and taking turns. I recommend this.