Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

My 3 year 2 month old granddaughter loves princesses, so when I saw this classic game in a Disney edition with four princesses, I ordered it. Here's why l like this.

1. This is a great first board game because of its simplicity--just move your piece to the colored squares on the card you draw or to the squares on the special cards. My granddaughter was quickly able to grasp how this is played.

2. She really likes that the player pieces are princesses. We haven't figured out who the fourth princess is yet (we know Cinderella, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty), but it doesn't matter to her.

3. I've read a negative review complaining about the quality of the princesses. I think for playing pieces they're just fine. And my granddaughter also uses them to play in her dollhouse and feeds them in her kitchen. So even when we're not playing the game, she is using the princesses.

4. Another review complains about the base of the princesses being too big to fit on the squares. But my granddaughter knows that when she has moved to say a blue square, that's the one she's on even if the base of the princess also extends slightly onto another colored square. Children are a lot less nitpicking than adults and just focus on having fun.

5. The board is a convenient size for my dining room table (15 1/2 x 20 1/4 inches) and is easy to open and close since you fold it twice to 1/4 its original size for storage. The playing cards are durable and a good size for small hands (3 x 1 3/4 inches).

6. But the most important thing is that my granddaughter has fun playing this game and loves playing with the princesses outside the game. This is her first board game and it's a great way to expose a young child to following game rules, reaching a goal, and taking turns. I recommend this.
33 comments35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
I bought this for my best friend's little girl who is 3. She is very into princesses. She absolutely LOVES it. The princess figures are a good size and good quality. She uses them for other games too. I am very happy with the product.
on December 7, 2012
I bought this for my 3 year old granddaughter. She loved the princess pieces and caught on to the concept very quickly. Very nicely done!
We have always enjoyed the Original Candy Land and my daughter loves anything Disney, so I wanted to surprise her with this Princess Edition. She loves it, and it's as much fun as the Original. The Cards & The Board are colorful, the board is sturdy, and the Players are made of good quality. This game provides hours of fun, and will last a long time.

I was impressed that instead of a spinner, we received the Cards, just like the Original, which makes the game much more enjoyable. Children love this game as they review their colors & numbers, while having fun.

The directions are as simple as the Original, and 2-4 Players can enjoy at the same time, just like the Original. Fun-filled, educational, and Good Quality. Highly recommended!
on December 12, 2012
Our 6 year old granddaughter has always loved Candyland. She's getting too old for the game, but loves the Disney princesses. This game was a real hit, and the adults enjoyed playing as well.
on November 4, 2015
A fairytale spin on an old, favorite game. I was so excited to teach our 3 year old this classic game. It was her first board game experience and she loved. It follows the traditional game and concept but just adds some fun and recognizable characters. The board is true to normal size and the cards are the normal material. We've had it for a month and have already played it countless times.
review image
on October 15, 2013
This is my daughter's favorite game. We play it a few times a week. The game pieces are adorable and are the perfect touch to this Candy Land Disney Princess Edition. I highly recommend this game to anyone with a little girl!
on June 10, 2015
The board part of the game was constructed so poorly that it broke in half in no time. I was going to re purchase this but I don't know if I want to throw away another $10 just to get another board that'll break again.
on November 26, 2013
I was disappointed that the figurines are low-quality; the colors bleed into one another. That being said, my niece LOVES it!
on September 8, 2013
At first my 4 year old granddaughter found this game a little confusing. Probably not simple and fast enough for her age group. But I think she'll grow into it. She did seem to enjoy the game more by the time my visit was over. Would recommend for child older than 4.