TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 3, 2012
Pattern Name: Caucasian
In some ways, I hate to admit that my daughter has both the "Fisher-Price Loving Family DREAM Dollhouse" and the "Fisher-Price Loving Family GRAND Dollhouse" and while they are very similar in some cases the "Dream Dollhouse" has a few additional features that has made it the more popular choice (at least for my family). A few notes on the "Dream House"

One thing I like about the Fisher-Price dollhouses is that they have lots of "Staying Power". This means that your child is just as likely to be playing with this in 12 months as they are the day they pull it out of the box. There are plenty of toys that have an immediate wow, but very few have the staying power of the Fisher Price Loving Family Dream House.

Notes

- Assembly takes about 15 minutes. It require 3AA batteries and a philips head screwdriver.

- Comes with Male and Female, tween-aged girl (8-12 year old) and a baby

- Plastic construction - While wood may look a little better it is heavier and comes with its own issues ... with possibilities for water damage, insects, an some up-keep

- Comes with a *few* accessories - a large purple bunny, a hat for mother, a couch, a table and chairs, a baby seat.

- Does *Not* come with any type of kitchen.

- Has several working sounds - a toilet that flushes, a bathroom light and chandelier that lights up, and a doorbell.

- One thing that the "Dream Dollhouse" has that the "Grand Dollhouse" does not have is door handles on both the inside and outside of the front door.

- The secret room works ok... it is a little difficult to open-up and close, but it typically just stays up.

- The dollhouse closes up nicely, which is a great way to store all of the accessories and/or take on a trip.

- Lot's of room for additional accessories - and while they can be a bit pricey, you will likely want to by some other room furnishings.

- While Fisher-Price sells both an African American and Caucasian versions they are identical with exception of the pigment on the dolls skin.

Final Verdict - While my daughter loves the older version (the Fisher-Price loving Family GRAND Dollhouse) she now prefers the "Dream House" the additional sounds and lights has made this one of her very favorite toys.

5 Stars
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 12, 2012
Pattern Name: CaucasianVerified Purchase
I was very excited when I saw there was a new version of the Loving Family dollhouse this year so that my youngest daughter would not have to get the same one as my oldest daughter. But once I received it and put it together I was quite disappointed. Although it is a very cute design the individual rooms are very small in comparison to the last model and you are not able to fit that many pieces in them. None of the rooms can hold an entire bedroom set or the kitchen. We have to put the refrigerator in one room and the sink and stove in a total seperate room. The baby furniture had to be split up into 2 seperate rooms along with every other bedroom set that we purchased to go with the dollhouse. This house will definitely not hold as many pieces as I would like for it to. If you never had the older model it may not be as noticeable but now that we have this one I wish we would have purchased the older one and just had 2 of the same.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 3, 2012
Pattern Name: African-AmericanVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )

Notes

- Comes with Male and Female, tween-aged girl (8-12 year old) and a baby

- Does *Not* come with any type of kitchen.

5 Stars
on January 6, 2013
Pattern Name: CaucasianVerified Purchase
I knew I wanted to give my 2-1/2 year old granddaughter a doll house for Christmas this year. After looking at just about every doll house there is for months, I decided on this one based on good reviews and age appropriateness (for example, a Barbie house can wait a few years). She has never been one to put things in her mouth - maturity wise, in many ways, she is more like a three year old - so I wasn't too worried about any small parts/choking hazard. Any very small parts that come with separately purchased accessories remain attached by a cord which is a really great idea for young ones who might put small objects in their mouths. Also keeps them from getting lost.

She spends hours playing with this house and begs the rest of us to join in so we are able to have some great, quality time using conversation and imagination. She hasn't gotten around to all the possibilities - yet. So I foresee this product being well-loved for a long time! For her birthday in May, I intend to get the other house so we can play at being neighbors.

The house, dolls, and furniture seem very sturdy. I bought a living room set, parents' bedroom set, dining set, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room, as well as the motor home and a little sister. Yes, they are a bit pricey and add up, but they are well-constructed and will last a long time. You get the quality you pay for which beats buying cheap junk that breaks quickly. We also are playing with "the guys" - small Elmo, Bert, and Ernie toys - small Dora figures (I am not that pleased with the Dora toys as they don't sit down or stand well - but she doesn't mind), a tiny My Little Pony in this house. The figures can also ride the My Little Pony train, and the Sesame Street school bus which expand our little doll playground. All the dolls also swing in her baby doll swing together. It's really cute!

I didn't give this house five stars for one simple reason. It's a big house but the rooms are really small for the furniture packs. All the contents of any package of furniture does not fit into one room together, i.e., there is room for the parents' bed, but nothing else, the refrigerator and one other piece will fit in a room but not the third piece. Well... they fit but there is no space left. My granddaughter doesn't mind, but I wish it was more proportionate.

She only stays with us part-time so it was nice to be able to stuff everything in the house and neatly close it up.

This was a wonderful choice.
review image review image review image review image
on January 20, 2013
Pattern Name: Caucasian
I ordered this for my daughters christmas eve birthday and she has not stopped playing with it since she loves it and i love it for her...
on June 7, 2013
Pattern Name: CaucasianVerified Purchase
I bought this dollhouse and some assorted furniture for my toddler son as part of his speech therapy program (so many action words to be gained from these kinds of toys!). He really enjoys playing with it so far.

Couple of things, though:
--This house says it has "9 rooms": NOPE! As far as effective space goes, you really have maybe 5 or 6. The furniture sets are all too big for the house, so you have to span them out and wind up with way too much sprawled on the floor at any given time.
--The bathroom really bothers me. It includes the toilet and a vanity/sink counter (where the battery panel is conveniently hidden), but no bathub? And no space to add a tub in that room, either. And if you buy the bathroom furniture set (as I did) you've got a whole lot of overlap and no where to put that furniture.
--Why is there no toddler boy available in the family dynamic here? The included family was Daddy, Mommy, baby and a little girl... I looked online and there's an option for an older brother... but the only toddler model available is female.

As to the house, it's pretty sturdily built, mostly preassembled with no complaints. I like the sounds/lights, which is why I sprung the extra few bucks for this one over the "Dream Manor".

I have no idea why a prior reviewer said this included a parent's bed. Mine had the family, a couch, a toddler tea set (with chairs and a toy bunny for the girl) and a bouncer-type baby chair.
on May 25, 2013
Pattern Name: CaucasianVerified Purchase
I bought this for my daughter's 6th birthday. We started assembling it (the instructions are great and the assembly isn't complicated), but then the middle upper room didn't want to attach. We started looking at it and the piece that is inside the main part of the house wasn't fully attached. Every time I tried to snap the upper piece into it, the piece inside was pushed down, and they weren't snapping together like they were supposed to. So the choice was: disappoint my daughter and have to wait for the exchange because it was defective or try to fix it. Because I can usually fix things, I decided to try. I had to remove the entire front of the house (thankfully the screws are have a regular head). There were 12 screws in all, not too bad, but the front of the house is still attached by the wires for the front doorbell, so it was still just a little room to work with. I had to have help because the inside piece had to be held up while I pressed the top room into place, and we had to make sure to not tear up wires, which are housed around the inside piece that was causing the problem in the first place. Then I had to reattach the front of the house, which isn't the easiest since the front isn't flat because of the porch. Now that it's together, she enjoys playing with it, but it was a headache to assemble.

I will also add that I bought some of the furniture sets for this (the ones that are designed for it) and they are all too big for the house. They don't fit in the rooms, so the first floor spills out onto the floor and the upper floors get partial furniture.
on May 28, 2013
Pattern Name: CaucasianVerified Purchase
When shopping for a dollhouse for my niece I was astounded at how high the prices were. I searched outside the box as she wanted a specific animal (critters) product but they were small and expensive.
It arrived today in a large box mostly assembled. There was furniture and a doll family. The assembly required pieces were large, snapped in and needed a few screws. This was not too hard to figure out and there were clear instructions. There are stickers that add to the detail on the front and some inside. The detail on the house is nice. It is reasonably sturdy. It has cool sound features of doorbell, toilet flushing teapot, a baby and a song?
There is a lot of space. There are nice open windows, a winding staircase, balconies, a working front door. It is reasonably sturdy, bright colored. Very creative. It folds closed nicely.
I highly recommend this product and feel that it is very reasonably priced compared to other similar items. Laura liking it is the highest recommendation of all, as she is quite "discriminating" and choosy.
Thanks for making this available. I am ecstatic that I "won" one and it didn't bankrupt me. I got to be the best aunt ever for a day!
review image review image
on October 30, 2013
Pattern Name: African-AmericanVerified Purchase
My girls LOVE this dollhouse! They play with it for hours & I love that it has many accessories. Even bought one for grandpas house!
on December 29, 2014
Pattern Name: Caucasian
First of all I'd like to say that I got his doll house for more than half off. If I would have paid full price I'm not sure I would have given it 4 stars. the biggest reason I say that is because the rooms really are too small for the dollhouse furniture. That's not a huge deal as most children that are young don't seem to care, at least my daughter didn't seem to care she's 3. here's the thing though, the doll house furniture isn't exactly cheap, so when you spend the money on the furniture and then try to get it to fit into the room and it doesn't it's a little frustrating. Besides that, this house is great. it's made really well and easy to put together. And although pricey, the furniture you buy has great detail and is very cute. My newly 3 year old plays with this constantly.