on June 26, 2012
Pros:
- Cool, quiet and low power consumption for the performance.
- It can run every current game at 2560x1600 at full settings (so far).

Cons:
- There was one quality quirk on the first card I received. One of the clear plastic "scratch protector" sticker over the clear plastic windows covering the heatsinks was installed on the *inside* of the card, basically sandwiched between the heatsink fins and the plastic window. EVGA RMA'd it and replaced it right away, but I thought it was funny a $1050 card with four "inspected for quality assurance" stickers on the box would make it through EVGA with such a glaring physical error.
- The "extras" for the $50 "Signature" edition were a little underwhelming. An XL black T-shirt with EVGA propaganda and a (very large) mousepad were all that differentiated the signature edition from the normal edition.

Overall it's smooth sailing so far with this card. Finally, I wish Amazon stocked this card directly rather than selling it only through Marketplace sellers that each put a $300 markup on the retail price.
on June 19, 2012
First my comments regarding the Graphics Card.
As expected as for June 2012 it's as good as it gets in terms of consumer graphics cards. I'm not going to go into performance details. Plenty of benchmarks out there for that.
What was important for me is that it's quiet and doesn't run too hot.

Now as far as the sellers go, I purchased this card from Amazon at $1049 as soon as it became available. To my surprise 2 days later it was only available from 2hothardware for $250 more.
The only way to get rid of them and many others like them is to simply refuse to buy anything from them. Do yourself a favor and be patient. Eventually you will find the Card from a reputable online retailer at the MSRP or lower. Better wait than feed these lazy scumbags that are trying to take advantage of a limited supply.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 21, 2012
I upgraded my PC from GTX570SLI to the GTX 690 and the jump in performance increase is considerably higher than what I expected it to be.

I'm currently using the GTX 690 in a 3-monitor set up together with one GTX 570 which is dedicated to Nvidia PhysX. The GTX 690 increased the performance of the PC in benchmarks programs like 3DMark11 by about 80% (vs 570sli) which is quite impressive.

Besides the great performance, there are also other nice features to this card that are worth mentioning:

- Card runs very cool even under heavy load....almost never gets above 70c.

- The noise levels of this card are phenomenal when compared to other dual GPU cards or even SLI set ups. It's no longer necessary to turn up the volume in applications/games in order to cancel out the noise of GPU's under heavy load :-)

- The card itself looks very nice and was build using high quality materials (i.e. magnesium alloy)

The only negative aspect of the GTX690 that I can think of is that even this $1k card will be outdated in about 1.5-2 years... but then again, it's good to see those great strides in GPU performance increases every year, since they allow for ever more impressive applications.

PS: I was originally planning to purchase this card from amazon, but they have the same problem of keeping this card in stock as other online retailers (Newegg etc.). Since I wanted to avoid paying crazy up charges to 3rd party sellers, I ended up purchasing the card directly from evga.
on July 18, 2012
I was a little doubtful about upgrading from my GTX 590 to this new eVGA beast called GTX 690, tought little time had been passes to perceive a real change in performance, well, I finally did the jump and cannot be happier now, this VGA is EXTREMELY FAST and beats the GTX 590 (for sure it does!) for almost 50% in performance and numbers. There is no single game that this VGA cannot run flawlessly, it just obliterates anything in terms of games.
on August 3, 2012
I bought this card as an upgrade from my 2 GTX 580s I had running in SLI. I have noticed a huge performance increase, and definitely less power used as well as less heat. I really like how simple it was to get 3 monitors running with this card. I also like how I get better performance than I did with the 2 580s, while still having 3 monitors hooked up.

Great card. Couldn't expect anything less from nVidia!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 21, 2012
-Very professional and impressive packaging.
-Craftmanship of card is superb
-easy install
-Keeps cool even without watercooling
-Runs all of my games very well.
-I also use this for folding and for my own simulations, and it eats through them!

Note: Get the latest driver from nvidia instead of using the one in the CD. Nothing wrong with it, but you may as well start off with the latest.
Note: I don't think the software (non-driver) that comes with the card on the CD is the latest, and I don't think the programs update automatically, so just get those from the EVGA website directly. The downloads don't take long at all.
Note: The t-shirt is an extra large if that matters.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 10, 2012
simply the best video card made today but ....if Asus will get their shit together we will have the Mars3 and it will be something special ....either way you have two nvidia GTX 680's built into one card so only two of these are needed for 4 way SLi
on July 4, 2012
This card is great, I will go over each aspect in this review. Overall 10/10.

1. Noise
The fan speed noise at automatic is great, cant hear it not audible at all. at 45% it blends in well with the case fans. at 50%-60%, you will hear the fan if u are at least 2-3 feet near your case with no music or headset or any other sounds happening in your room. Now with a headset you wont notice the fan up to about 75%, and with music on likewise, at least I didn't.

2. Temps: Idle I get around 35c at room temperature 19C/66F / and during load gpu temp is 55C. Room temp at 75F I get 38c Idle and on load I get 65c. I really never see a increase in temp above 10c unless my room temp is above 80F. [The water chamber is this thing is awesome great quality]

3. GPu Usage, Running mmo's I never seen my usage spike above 50%, for those who want to run multiple clients or programs while gaming etc, this gpu will work flawless, FPS is great, i cant give a fix number since it depends alot on the environment and everything, but I haven't experienced any big lag anywhere where, mass people and mass details are being rendered.
[for those who play bf3, i will give information of that next week, right now gotta play tera].

4.Gpu Design/Architecture: This card was well-made its beautiful what else can you ask for, glowing Geforce on the side of it, no plastic really used for its materials, Grade One.

5. Cost: Well its 999 and 1050 for the Signature, Which I do like the box ":D, just wish the shirt was in my size lol!, besides that its worthy every penny, for those who want the argument 670Sli vs 690, I had two 670 FTW edition which were overclocked.. I was getting random crashes, and Sli wasn't working to great with the two cards that much, Temps were hot, and Usage even in sli was overboard when it shouldn't have been, but then that could have been because im running 2560x1440 resolution which does require big bandwidth of memory.
And as for 690 vs 680 arguments, Why pay more for two 680's which generates more heat, same benchmarks basically maybe 1 or 2 fps difference and cost a xtra 100 bucks, This card only cost 1k plus tax if your paying 1.1k, People who complain because the price is 1.4k that's not the real price, that's overcharging because stores do that on limited supply items when they first come out, just wait and grab one at its regular market price, nvidia already confirmed that price, and it is a true market price, back ordering at sites that give that price, usually only take 2 weeks through 1 month to get in stock, so just wait and be happy!

Overall Great card, Great product, Great Company! Order it and live in luxury, If you dont want the best gpu to run max resolution and max Graphics in game, and have a budget look at a gtx 670 ftw, they work great as budget cards, cheaper then 680, and runs the same speed for less price, and use the same water block as gtx 680.

IF you have any questions feel free to ask in comments.
on January 5, 2013
This is a bad-as* card for single display's only. If you intend to run multiple displays for gaming this card is not for you. Each core is only limited to 2 Gig's of Video ram. This card ran out of video ram on games such as Max Payne 3 on three 23" LED's and the card was completely worthless with all of the stuttering. Go with a single 4gb GTX 680 and you should be good. SLI performance for this card is not as good as running dual GTX 680's anyway due to being clock at reference specs (it's actually less than reference). Conclusion: Purchase 2 4GB GTX 680's. Performance is better and it cost the same (or less in some cases) and you will have 8GB of video memory.
on September 3, 2012
This is hands down the most awesome graphics card I have ever owned. It dominates anything I throw at it. I have it running on my 60' 3D Plasma TV as a gaming monitor and it simply destroys any game at max settings. Metro 2033? No problem. Arkham City, sure and in 3D too! I had my reservations about spending this much for a graphics card, but this thing will take me well into 2020. I predict by then everything will be emulated as cloud computing anyway. This will probably be the last desktop I build and what a way to go out in style! Well worth the money in my opinion. Do you need the "Signature" edition? Probably not, but that's the only one I could find in stock. The design of this card is absolutely beautiful. The green glowing "GEFORCE GTX" logo looks so cool in my case. Its like when you see it come on you know its time to open a can of whoopass. I would not suggest buying it used though you may not get the benefit of a warranty. Amazon did me good, no hassle or long waiting it got here in 3 days.