Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 12, 2013
This product works great. After reading the mixed reviews I decided to try it. Btw, there is a YouTube video that demonstrates how to use this product. It doesn't matter if the product is dried out when you receive it, just add water and stir.

We had our marble kitchen island counter top installed one week before thanksgiving and the day after thanksgiving I was devastated to see several etch marks that had taken the shine out of my countertop. The trick with this product is to keep adding water and rub in a circular motion for several minutes. The worse the etch, the longer you need to rub. I rubbed the worse etch for 4 minutes.

My fabricator had used "bullet proof," a water based sealer…which clearly wasn't working. After reading another review I ordered and applied ProSeal by Tenax. What a difference. Now the water and liquids bead up and wipe away easily. We have granite counter tops and a marble island. The marble is so much more work then the granite. However, when people walk in the first thing they mention is how beautiful the island is.
on June 11, 2012
I accidentally etched our white marble in our bathroom. I took about a spoonful of Lustro Italiano Etch Remover and put it over the etch. I then took an old washcloth and rubbed it in a circular motion for about 3 minutes. It worked perfectly! The shine of the marble came back to match the same polish as the rest of the vanity top. It says its professional grade. I don't think that a professional stone company could have done any better than what I did in 3 minutes. And I still have alot left over.
on January 26, 2013
After an inadvertent accident in which our cleaning people sprayed our marble vanities with a harsh chemical and left spray patterns on all of the vanities, I did some research on the internet. This product looked the most promising, and so I ordered the Lustro Italiano Etch Remover, the two part kit made by the same company which included a cleaner and polish, and Lustro Italiano Stone Sealer. Reading all the directions paid off! I even retyped the directions from the Etch Remover because the type is so small that it is difficult to read. You need to have all the pieces together as well as several dry cloths, paper towels, etc. before you begin. A sheet of plastic on the floor will help keep the bits of grit from getting on floor surfaces which will cause a problem if you walk on the grit. Grit scratches are deep and hard to remove.

I opened the Etch Remover and it was about 60% filled with a tan-colored grit and a fluid which had risen to the top of the grit. I used a small popsicle stick to stir the mixture and then applied the product as directed. This means 1) cleaning the surface with the cleaner I purchased, 2) using the etch remover in a small four inch area in a circular motion for about 10 minutes blending the edges as I went (I went over some areas four times until I was satisfied that the etch was gone), 3) cleaning the worked area with water and a clean cloth, 4) letting the surface dry to see the progress, 5) waiting several hours to let the stone dry, 6) applying the stone sealer with a small inexpensive 1 inch paintbrush, and 7) using the stone polish to finish up. I am more than satisfied. I am actually amazed that the finish could look this good again.

20 years ago, after renovating our house, I left my electric hair curlers on the top of my white marble vanity and it removed the finish from the surface. So, when this was remedied with the Lustro Italiano products, I was thrilled to have my counter top back to its beautiful surface. Very few products live up to their hype, but this is one that does. I keep all the products in a bucket and plan to refresh the surface periodically with the polish. I purchased these products through Amazon, my favorite place to buy!
on July 12, 2014
Was using a product called Natural Stone before considering this product. I have an outdoor kitchen BBQ which is finished in travertine. I often host large parties at my house and the next day my outdoor kitchen sustains numerous water mark etching from wine glasses, beer bottles, etc. Natural Stone for the most part was adequate with removing minor etching. I had a party over the 4th of July weekend and a lemon was cut in half and left on top of the travertine tile by one of my friends. Later in the evening I came across the lemon and saw 7-inch square of etching after picking it up. Needless to say I was bummed I didn't catch it in time and the result was some serious etching. I was out of Natural Stone and came across Lustro Etch remover on Amazon. Didn't know what to expect after reading mixed reviews. I ordered an 8oz container and kept my fingers crossed. I placed approx 1 tablespoon of the product over the affected area and started rubbing it in with a rag. It dried out quickly and water was added as I continued off and on rubbing. I tossed the rag aside and started rubbing the product in when my fingers and the palm of my hand. After rubbing it in for 5-7 minutes, I was amazed with the end results. The etching for the most part was removed and in its place was a nice sheen which blended nicely with the undamaged portion. Although not a 100% repair, but in the end I was pleasantly surprised with the results and the product exceeded my expectations. For those who gave poor reviews, it's my opinion your are doing something wrong with the application. Do give up so soon and give it an honest effort.
on September 15, 2015
Dropped a bottle of white wine vinegar onto our floor. Bad enough I lost some good vinegar that day but worse that the vinegar instantly etched my nice marble floor. Found this product and took a chance. It really works well and floors are back to lookin' good.
review image
on July 14, 2014
Wow! I just got this today and applied it to 3 stains in our marble counter top that looked to be from where drinking glasses were set and ultimately left stains. These were shallow stains, no discoloration, and resulted in the marble losing all of its shine where the stains were.
I applied the etch remover and rubbed it in vigorously for less than a minute and then wiped the residue off with a clean paper towel because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't making the stain worse. Very much to my surprise, after less than a minute of rubbing, most of the stain was gone and the marble was back to a high gloss shine in that area. After a few more minutes, I had taken care of all 3 stains, without even breaking a sweat.
Note again that these were shallow stains, maybe better described as "water marks", but they were very noticeable and this product worked great to remove them.
on February 22, 2016
Giving this only four stars because the jar arrived with a cracked lid and some leakage, and I suspect the person who packed it knew of the damage since it was packed in a zippered plastic bag. I was too lazy to bother with a return and it seemed as though I hadn't lost much product, so I went ahead and tried it. Wow! Five stars for the product. I had just about given up on getting the glass rings out of my travertine coffee table and figured I'd have to hire a professional refinisher. This was my last shot. And it worked. Like a charm. Rubbed for the two to three minutes indicated, rinsed, and dried and rings no more. The product isn't cheap, until I think what it saved me from spending on hiring someone to do the job.
on January 11, 2016
My shower floor is some kind of natural stone and accidentally I sprayed barkeepers friend to clean the tiles but the foam ran down to the floor. I tried everything to wipe off what I thought was mildew but it turns out the solution ruined my stone floors. My entire walk-in shower floor had white blotches all over. I read the reviews and was skeptical, once I got the tub I tried on a few squares. To my surprise once dried the stone was almost back to normal. Then I spent about 20-30 seconds per stone doing a up and down, horizontal and vertical motion on each. The shower now looks 80% better! I have to probably do one more application and get the seal as well. Highly recommended.
review image review image
on June 14, 2015
Forget the negative reviews; this product worked great on our travertine. My daughter puked on the floor, and despite immediately wiping it up with soap and water, an etched stain was left behind. I used an orbital sander, a buffing pad, and Lustro to remove the etched stains and it worked excellently! A local flooring guy estimated $200 to remove these stains; Lustro is a mere 10% of that cost! I am very pleased with this stuff. Just make sure your buffer/sander stops moving before setting it down; it will leave a mark (that can be buffed out using more Lustro).
on June 22, 2016
This Etch Remover is amazing!!!! I had a dull area on my piedrafina marble countertop as a result of using Diamond Pad's to remove scratches. The Pad's caused more scratches and did nothing for my countertop. I used this Etch Remover and it was amazing how shiny my countertop was. It really didn't require much effort. After shinning a part of the countertop, i stepped back and looked at the rest and it could not compare. So I ended up using it on the remainder of the counter and now it has a gorgeous shine. I like this product so much that I purchased another, just in case I run out of the first!!!!

The way I used it was:

1) Wiped down my countertop
2) Put some of the Mixture directly onto the counter and added a few drops of water
3) Took a sponge (one used for dishes) and began to work in a circular motion around the dull area (2-3 Minutes)
4) Wiped down the countertop and removed the mixture
5) Washed down countertop with water and dried with a towel
6) Used a Marble Cleaner / Sealer to spray down the countertop and seal in the shine.
7) Used a towel to dry the countertop
8) Used a Ryobi 6 in. Buffer/Polisher ($24 at Home Depot) to buff the countertop for a deeper shine!

Hope this helps anyone wanting to remove watermarks, etch marks, dull areas and spots from their countertops!