Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seidio BACY30BB9900-BK Innocell 3000mAh Extended Life Battery for BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 - Battery - Retail Packaging - Black
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on July 16, 2012
I've been using the battery for about one week and so far it's been good. I make a lot of phone calls, receive and send a ton of emails and Facebook and BBM sporadically throughout the day. The original battery would last me about 4 hours from full to red. With this Seidio extended battery I can use my Verizon 9930 on 3G for about 1.5 days, which would probably be about 2 days for MOST normal users.

Pros:
-Good battery life
-Plug and play- No programming necessary to use the battery

Cons:
-Pricey: @$69.99 its almost like paying for a car battery!
-Bulky: it does come out of the phone a few mm's- if you have large hands like me it will not bother you.
-Loss of NFC- to use this battery you have to replace the original back cover for a larger one, NFC is still not used by most people so it doesn't really matter.

Also a bummer is losing the nice design and slimness of the original back cover with the BB symbol on it.

You must read instructions as Seidio recommends leaving the battery plugged in to the charger a few hours more after the "charge complete" symbol comes on as this battery is 3000 mAH compared to the original 1230 mAH, so it requires extra time to charge.

Overall: If you cant live without your Crackberry (Blackberry), and can afford to fork up an extra $70, I highly recommend this battery for the 9930.

I will update this review later on to review longevity.

Update: After 3 weeks of heavy usage, the battery life has began to decline, Im not sure if this is a defective battery or not, I am returning it. The battery life is still more than the original battery included, but it isn't what I paid for. Maybe next time Seidio.
on October 3, 2013
Okay, I followed the instructions about charging it for 8 hours the first four times to the letter. At first I did get a very long battery life from it at about 3 days or more. Since then, it has not held a charge for more than probably a day and a half maybe 2 at most. But even more upsetting was that this battery caused me to lose a few bars of signal. Places that I had gotten a full set of 4G bars now gave only 1 or 2 4G bars, sometimes even dropping off completely and falling back on EDGE network. Once I switched back to the factory/ Blackberry brand battery the lost signal bars came back.

This is totally unacceptable to me, especially for the amount of money I spent on this battery and for that I am sending back to amazon for a full refund which they have agreed to do.

UPDATE: 10-22-13 Ever since I switched back to using the factory battery, the onscreen gauge has not worked properly.
It will display more battery life than you really have and then all of the sudden when you have like 3 min of life left, it will go from full to almost zero and show orange or red warning on the life gauge. It also has the same issues when charging and won't display full with out a reset. Beware this for I don't think it can be fixed if you go back to using a Blackberry battery after using one that is aftermarket.
on October 23, 2013
Ok, I've used Seidio extended batteries on my Treo devices years back and was pleased with them. This one, I was not as impressed with. The expanded rear cover is pretty clunky and takes getting used to. It also lacks the NFC antenna, but not something I use or plan on using anytime soon. I charged the thing per the instructions and did not recharge until power was too low for radio for about a week or so and continued keeping it on the charging an hour past the fully charge indicator came on- So I'm pretty confident I've set the battery up properly. I've only had an issue of rapid discharge or false life indicator about twice. Before the extension, I could not use the phone even moderately, without complete discharge before 8 hours. It now lasts over 12 hours of moderate usage and can go 1 1/2 days with minimal usage.

To recap, the setup is a little goofy, the case is a little clunky and it only minimizes the power hog nature of the phone. Without the extension, though, the phone was so short on battery life that I found myself avoiding using it to make it last. That's stupid.

Since other manufactures requiring programming, etc, I thought this was the best solution despite it's kind of ridiculous price.

I would make this purchase again.
on October 19, 2012
The new bold is awesome, but the battery last around 5-6 hours. Too bad the benchmark is the iPhone with its 4 hour battery life. I'm always on the road and I hated the BB original battery. This battery lasted the first day I tried over 14 hours. I know charge my BB once a day like in the old times.
on May 14, 2013
On the factory BB cover is a brass antenna that acts as a antenna
you loose this with the extender cover, I noticed less bars on the meter
i build sites and need the extra reception.
This would work well in the city but not in rural areas.
on January 28, 2013
I was expecting this battery to last more because of the price and the size!! if you purchase an extra battery is going to be $4 or the most $10 or a car charger and an extra wall charger like I did is going to be cheaper and you will always have your battery charged so basically I don't think buying this worth it for me because the original battery it last like 5 or 6 hours and this one like 8 hours or 9 so for 2 hours more $69 i think it is so expensive...
on January 11, 2013
I was looking a lot for an battery which expands capacity of the Blackberry Bold. The Bold has a tragic battery, not lasting a half day. Possibly due to the big touch screen. This Seido battery now holds at leat double the time. The bulkier battry cover is kind of sensible. After a fall the two tooth which holds the cover in place broek off, but still works fine..
on September 4, 2012
This battery works as expected, i.e., no cloning and more than doubles the time between charges compared to the standard battery. I get about 12 hours worth of heavy phone and data usage per overnight charge (approx. six hours), while the factory battery would last less than six hours per full charge. As can be expected the phone's battery meter is not properly calibrated for this extended battery so the displayed charge does not linearly decrease with the passage of time, i.e., seems to loose charge quickly at first (more like an exponential decay); therefore, the battery may seem to be "not working properly" to some. But the bottom line is I can now get through a long day, i.e., 6am to 12am, without recharging the battery and no battery cloning is required on phone reboots (a common Blackberry need) as per most other extended batteries.
on May 9, 2013
Very confusing to understand how to charge the battery. You have to let it charge past the "full" signal on your BB. It works just ok, not great. But, it's not too big in size to have in your pocket. I don't know of a y other options for extended life batteries, but I'd check out others as well if I could.
on February 15, 2014
Put. Battery on a charger did not charge X showed up when I turned on my Blackberry Bold 9930 phone I have bought this battery in the past from crackberry.com they no longer carry this battery

See 1 answered question