Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on July 31, 2013
I was a big fan of the original Gel Neo33 as a trainer. I routinely ran from 5 to 15 miles at a time in them with zero issues. When this update came out, I decided to give them a try. the length seemed identical to the Neo33 and all other Asics I have used. The width seemed a bit more snug, but nothing to cause immediate alarm. I took them on a 5-miler. The first few miles, my impression was that this was a more refined ride than the Neo33, not as much slop, slightly better cushioning. About 3 miles in, though, trouble started. Unlike the original Neo33, the Neo33 2 has a thicker material on the upper that ends where the toe box begins (in the lime green model, the black part of the middle upper is thick, almost rubbery, while the grey is more of a light mesh). I am sure it adds stability, but for me it also added a pair of rubbing blisters to the sides of my feet just above the ball where the thicker material meets the thinner mesh. No combination of thicker/thinner socks, bodyglide, or tighter/looser laces seems to help. It's a bummer, because I really wanted to like these shoes. Anyone need a pair of slightly used size 11.5 shoes? If your foot is more on the narrow side, these just might work.

My running: 25-50 miles a week depending on my training calendar. I work hard on using a midfoot strike with a high cadence. My feet are slightly wide, especially in the forefoot, but usually not wide enough to need an EE width in most brands. I've worn ASICS 21XX, Kayanos, and Neo33 all in 11.5 D with no issues.
on April 23, 2013
I'm a big, athletic guy and I need a shoe that offers good support. These shoes offer great cushion, flexibility, and support. All great features that aren't usually found in a single shoe. Asics has nailed it again!
on May 23, 2014
I have plantar faciitis so I need alot of support even with my every day shoes. The GEL-Neo33 2 give me great support with out being heavy. I am about to buy another pair in a different color.
on September 1, 2015
Plenty of arch support, jog about six miles a day, five days a week. Only complaint that I have is if these shoes get wet, they stink to high heaven! I've never experienced a pair of shoes that smell so bad when wet.
on September 29, 2013
These shoes fit as expected if you are a normal Asics user. The toe box is roomy enough, yet the rest of the shoe fits appropriately for mid to long distance runs (4-10 miles). Not much more to say - I am a big fan.
on September 15, 2013
I like these shoes mantenienen ventilated my feet, I have used it on walks by 2 hours, and feel very well
on May 26, 2013
I have been a runner for 3 years and this is the most comfortable shoe. This winter I suffered a knee injury and got these new shoes, in which I pulled my hamstring changing from a pair of nike spikes into these. what a pitiful track season to say the least, but I enjoyed the shoes, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat, I also have the Gel-Neo33 originals to go along with the neo33 2, I love the color scheme. Also, I have only worn Asics shoes for the past 7 years (except for the nike spikes)
on January 13, 2014
Asics has never let me down since I made the switch to them. I have uses Adidas, Nike and Reebok in the past. None of those shoes can live of to the dependability and comfort of Asics. Whether it is distance running, sprints, Insanity, crossfit or just every use these shoes kill it. The Gel-Neo33 are very light and confortable. I have received lots of compliments on the style plus I know they will last years like my others.
on August 22, 2013
These are comfortable neutral sneakers with a very slight support to them. I really liked the first Neo33s so I wanted to try these ones. The upper is thinner and breathes much better than the originals. I actually returned the size 13s and purchased the 14s due to the lack of half sizes above 13. I have about 40 miles on them since I bought them and they are holding up well.
on July 14, 2013
I have always used Asics shoes. They last a long time, are comfortable, and aside they look pretty good. Aside from running i use them for playing basketball and for hikes, etc. I have never been disappointed with the wear and use of the shoe. The Men's Gel-Neo 33 2 shoe fits really well, and is comfortable. I have been very happy with it so far.