Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on June 20, 2012
I have been a Kenny fan for a very long time. I've watched his music grown and change through each album he's recorded and this one is no exception. The songs on this album are all honest and real. They may not be quite the music you'd expect from Kenny; they're not all about partying and having fun in the sun. They have messages behind they lyrics that reach beyond the boundaries of "country" music and can reach everyone. His voice is a bit haunting in some of the songs, proof that these songs have meaning to him.

"Time Flies" and "Feel Like A Rockstar" are the only tracks on the album that seem like typical Kenny songs, but the other songs are all great as well. "Always Gonna Be You", "To Get To You (55th & 3rd)", and "El Cerrito's Place" (with Grace Potter's lovely vocals gracing the background) are all excellent, stand out tracks in my opinion.

It's a great listen that has something for everyone.
on June 25, 2012
Welcome to the Fishbowl is a great cd. While I don't care for some of the sadder songs like "Sing 'em Good My Friend", I can identify with them. The title track, "Welcome to the Fishbowl", is awesome! Other great songs include the radio released "Feel Like a Rockstar", "El Cerrito Place", "Time Flies", and a live recording of "You and Tequila". If your a Kenny Chesney fan, you need this cd! I can't understand how anyone could rate it below four stars, but to me it rates five! :)
on June 27, 2012
Great CD!! The first time I heard Kenny Chesney's music was at a 1999 concert at Old Tucson in AZ, he was the new guy in country music. I really loved his music....then he hit his Jimmy Buffet phase, and I sorta lost interest. But he's back....and I'm in love again! Every song is a keeper. "Come Over" (who can resist that one?), El Cerrito Place, Always Gonna Be You....nice, nice, nice! It's like Kenny and his music grew up. Just beautiful....I highly recommend this CD to anyone who loves good country music!
on June 25, 2012
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think this is one of Kenny's finest albums. I have been listening to Kenny since he first came out in 1995. I tend to like his heart felt songs, songs with meaning to his beach party songs. There is only so much of the "beach" songs I can listen to. One of my favorite songs on the album is "I'm A Small Town". I like songs that are different but you can relate to. I guess because I do not go to the Bahamas or Jamaica every year I cannot relate to those songs. Top to bottom this is one of Kenny's best cd's in a while, IMO. "Come Over" is excellent. Welcome To The Fishbowl is a superb album.
on June 20, 2012
I have been a KC fan for a long, long time. I buy all his albums on the day of release. So, of course, I waited at WalMart for the boys in the back to put the new releases on the shelf. This one didn't even make it that far. It went right into my hand.
Out in the truck, I ripped off the wrapper, and threw it in the player. Right from the get-go, the album kicks off like a KC album should. Even though, for the first time, he starts off with a slower number, it seems to be the perfect lead-off track. The radio hit "Come Over." Then we swing right into the first single off the album, "Feel Like a Rock Star," the amazing, up-tempo duet with Tim McGraw.
From there, the album switch hits between the mellow numbers, and the full on Chesney style rockers.
On this album, I've heard some of the most personal, and introspective ballads I've ever heard from Kenny. He really put his heart and soul into songs like "Sing 'Em Good My Friend," "While He Still Knows Who I Am," and "To Get To You." I would have to say, those are the 3 most tear-jerking songs he's ever recorded.
The beach songs are in short order on this one, but they aren't ignored. "El Cerrito Place" is a perfect addition to the sun and sand playlist. It reminds me a lot of "Anything But Mine" and "Seven Days." Great, great song!
The live version of "You and Tequila" is really well performed, just like KC does, but it did make me a bit sad to look at the personel for that track, and find the Tim Hensley is no longer a part of KC's band. But honestly, that is the only down spot on this entire album.
This one is brilliant. I love it from start to finish, and any Kenny fan, weather long time, or new-comer, will understand what I mean.
Bottom line here is, this CD is one of the best from Mr. Chesney so far. I would give this one 5 stars all day and all night, over and over again. While I loved Hemingway's Whiskey, and Lucky Old Sun, this is the album I have been waiting for from Kenny ever since Just Who I Am was released. It's a perfect companion to his "Big 3" (Sun Goes Down, Road/Radio, and Just Who I Am).
Amazing record Kenny, simply amazing!
on September 24, 2012
I decided to write this review after reading some of the 1/2/3 start reviews about this CD. Most of the lower scores comment about this CD not being the beachy, fun music that you hear at his concerts. But what I think people fail to realize is that this CD (and Maybe Hemingways Whiskey) are the two that are the most intimate to who he really is. Yes, its a depressing CD if you let it be that. But, Kenny Chesney as a person is not the happiest guy around. He is very deep, introspective and not necessarily the guy in "Went out Last Night". If you really look at his life, this CD (and HW) really fit who he is. I think there are two types of KC fans...the music lovers and the concert lovers. This CD is a must-have for the music lovers.
He did an interview about recording El Cerrito place...talking about how he wanted to record that song for the past 10 years, and just now finally feels he is in the right place to do it.

Put headphones on, sit back and really LISTEN to this CD. It's magic. Its not pure country by any stretch, but it's damn good.
on December 4, 2015
I love anything from Kenny Chesney...this CD is no exception.

But. I was under the impression I would be able to download the content of purchased CDs to my iDevices.

This option is not available for this CD and one other I purchased. Why?

So the CD is Five Star...but Amazon's erratic download program gets ONE Star...for an average of Three.
on January 26, 2014
I like Kenny Chesney's music and his looks. Love his concerts and just buy lots of his music. This one isn't his best but what do I know. I have other of his I like better. But I like to listen when I can and the radio stations
don't always play what we want. If your a Kenny fan you will like to hear this.
on June 24, 2012
A fan of Kenny Chesney's more simple, laid back songs, I'll say I was very impressed with Welcome To The Fishbowl too! The artist takes us on a journey with this CD, much like Hemingway's Whiskey, and even giving us a little taste of my favorite CD, Be As You Are. Come Over is a place far too many of us have been in, sort of a "friends with benefits" theme song... Sing 'Em Good My Friend tells a beautiful story of a man parting with his guitar... and the title track brings us up to date with the invasive world we're living in due to our social media. This is a great CD, and I'm proud to have it in the regular rotation in my iPod. Thanks Kenny!!!
VINE VOICEon November 3, 2013
I'm like some country music, but not all. In particular, I don't like the "twangy" variety. Kenny Chesney's music makes you think about being in the country - but not about being a redneck. His music also has an island theme. My wife and I enjoy listening to his stuff while we are floating around in our boat on the nearby lake. Very relaxing and enjoyable music.