Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on August 3, 2012
This Macbook case fits perfectly on my new 15" retina display Macbook Pro. I also really like the color... It definitely is not that bright pink from the main photo (which is what I originally wanted, but oh well), but the other photos give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like.

My only beef is that you can see fingerprints on the case after closing the computer or from carrying it around. Being as anal as I am, that bothers me a little.

Still, I'm happy with this product! If it ever gets worn out, I'll probably get another one. Maybe try out a new color. :-)
on July 26, 2012
The product fits well on the new Macbook Pro Retina display. The case is made of a rubberized material which gives it a matte finish.

However, heres a few issues I have with the case.
- Due to the shipping conditions, mine had a couple of minor defects where the case pieces were rubbing together. Now, this wouldn't normally be an issue, however, the top piece (what people would normally see anyway) was the one that received the damage. Now I realize that this isn't an actual problem with the case itself, however, the seller was negligent by placing the case in a plastic envelope with no padding rather than boxing it, or placing it in a envelope lined with bubble wrap.
- The back corners are not covered, only the front corners.
- The rubber feet on the bottom just seem to be small, round foam pieces attached to the bottom of the case. Since I got the matte black case, these pieces stick out as they are white. Also, these seem to allow the computer to move around much easier than the OEM ones on the bottom of the computer.
- Edges where the case was cut are somewhat sharp, especially around the front corners.

Now, on to what's good about the case...
- Fits very well, everything snaps on perfectly, and my new computer seems well protected.
- Great finish on the case - there are no defects when it comes to the matte (rubber) finish.
- VENT HOLES. I've noticed that some of the cases on here did not have the ribbed openings on the bottom that allowed heat from your computer to dissipate, this one has them.
- Cut to where there's ample access to the USB, power, etc. (And for the computer's built in vent holes on the bottom)
- Apple logo on the back still shows through when the computer is on.

Overall, this is a good case. I'll try to post a couple of pictures here in a few minutes...
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
I purchased the frosty matte finish i-Blason shell case cover for my retina MBP. I found that it fits the retina MBP very well and from my observations, will protect this device from scratches and minor bumps. The only drawback that I found with this case is that through normal every day handling, there is a tendency for smudges to really stick out on this case. While I fully expect fingerprints and what not to show up on this case from every day use, I did not count on very, very obvious smudges that make the case look like it's frosty matte finish is rubbing off. It takes a damp/wet cloth to remove the obvious smudges and fingerprints although they will show up again the next time you pick up your rMBP.

Don't get me wrong, this case serves it's purpose well in providing protection for my retina MBP, but it's a shame that it can't look good at the same time (unless you wear gloves). If you don't particularly care for aesthetics and aren't bothered by the kind of smudges and fingerprints that can be seen on this thing from a mile away, you'll be real happy with this case. For me, I am getting tired of having to clean the smudges off everytime I use my rMBP. I am definitely going to get something better when it becomes available.
review image review image
on January 20, 2014
1) The product does protect the computer while the cover lasts
2) After 12 months of use the left snap broke
3) After 15 months of use the left edge on the bottom cover began to separate from the rest of the cover
4) The seller does not stand behind their product. After contacting i-Blason about the issues I received the following response "Update for Case #6002 - "New Warranty Inquiry From Customer"

Dear Customer,

Your order was placed with Fulfillment By Amazon. Please contact Amazon Customer Service for issues with this order. Go to, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link "Contact Us".

5) Specks are still on other students' computers they had when they began school two and a half years ago.
on August 20, 2012
What a really beautiful case for my Macbook pro retina 2012 display. The cover is frosted and when I received it it was well packaged and protected in shrink wrap. It fits my computer absolutely perfect and actually adds to the beauty of this Mac...besides protecting it. I relied on other feedback for this product and it was totally accurate. It was received a day early than scheduled. I love it and if you are looking to protect your investment without sacrificing the appearance (actually adding to the appearance) of the macbook..... don't hesitate to purchase. By the way the APPLE still glows thru the frosted cover....LOOKS GREAT! Thanks to the dealer for a speedy delivery and secure packing in addition to a wonderful product. 5++++
on August 17, 2012
Case fits very well. Had a little trouble with the fit at first (no install directions with the product) until I realized I had to install the back first so the small tabs, that hold the case in place, engaged. Once I figured this out the case fit well and stayed in place. No issue with interior flaws as described by a previous reviewer but can see how it could happen. The fit is so tight that even a small flaw would cause it to be off. Have used it for several hours on my lap, no cooling stand, and have not had any over heating issues. The vents across the entire bottom seem to be working well. Case is not as bright a pink as displayed in the opening splash shot, as identified by a previous reviewer. I actually ordered it based on the much more subdued color in the other shots, more of a mauve color that a hot pink. Case seems manufactured to to the job, protect the finish of my MBP. Would not expect it to protect it from a fall as it is not the intent of the product. For a case designed to protect the aluminum case of my MBP it seems to do a fine job. If you want a case to protect from falls, drops, mishandling this is not your case.
on August 22, 2012
Pros: Does the job and protects your MBP, Frost Cover looks nice.

Cons: The case that attaches to the bottom of your macbook make it uncomfortable when you have your wrist/arms on the laptop.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2012
The case came wrapped in plastic without labeling or anything. It fits very well and it is lightweight. The black color is good looking and semi-transperant. The apple logo is visible thru the cover especially when illuminated. The corners are a bit rough, but not that bad. Overall I think it is not a bad product. I am not sure about the durability yet. It is easy to remove the case and wash it, if needed. I have Incipio feather case on my MBA and it is awesome, however Incipio haven't released rMBP case yet, so I think this one is not a bad replacement.

REVISED: after a year of usage: it start cracking here and there without specifically been hit hard. It is 13.5 oz heavy. It is glossy on the inside. It is easy to put on and remove, but doesn't fall on it own. Doesn't get sticky with the use. Overall still it is OK, but I am not very happy with the chipping and breaking and the weight. By the way it is one of the few that has ventilation openings on the bottom, which I consider a better feature.
on December 5, 2012
This case did not fit my Mac at all, it said it would but it was to small all the way around, and the color was not as neon as I had hoped.
on August 17, 2012
The cover is made of seemingly durable material, it looks pretty solid and is depicted accurately in the product images. All in all the thing is just a case, and it fulfills all its protecting duties very well. I do have a few small complaints that I wish I would have considered when I placed my order.

1. Some people have noted that the case covers pretty close to the USB and Thunderbolt connectors and this might be a problem for 'bigger' connectors. I did not see this being an issue until I connected my old power cord through one of the official Apple MagSafe adaptors... It works, but it sits at a funky angle.

2. The plastic goes a bit high on the arm rests and is currently cutting into my arms a bit as I write this. I'm going to sand it down a bit with a dremel tool, but seeing as this is a review for an apple accessory, this might not be an option for everyone.

Good case for the price, but I'm sure there is something better out there.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse