Most helpful critical review
15 of 18 people found the following review helpful
Fits well, some issues though
on July 26, 2012
The product fits well on the new Macbook Pro Retina display. The case is made of a rubberized material which gives it a matte finish.
However, heres a few issues I have with the case.
- Due to the shipping conditions, mine had a couple of minor defects where the case pieces were rubbing together. Now, this wouldn't normally be an issue, however, the top piece (what people would normally see anyway) was the one that received the damage. Now I realize that this isn't an actual problem with the case itself, however, the seller was negligent by placing the case in a plastic envelope with no padding rather than boxing it, or placing it in a envelope lined with bubble wrap.
- The back corners are not covered, only the front corners.
- The rubber feet on the bottom just seem to be small, round foam pieces attached to the bottom of the case. Since I got the matte black case, these pieces stick out as they are white. Also, these seem to allow the computer to move around much easier than the OEM ones on the bottom of the computer.
- Edges where the case was cut are somewhat sharp, especially around the front corners.
Now, on to what's good about the case...
- Fits very well, everything snaps on perfectly, and my new computer seems well protected.
- Great finish on the case - there are no defects when it comes to the matte (rubber) finish.
- VENT HOLES. I've noticed that some of the cases on here did not have the ribbed openings on the bottom that allowed heat from your computer to dissipate, this one has them.
- Cut to where there's ample access to the USB, power, etc. (And for the computer's built in vent holes on the bottom)
- Apple logo on the back still shows through when the computer is on.
Overall, this is a good case. I'll try to post a couple of pictures here in a few minutes...