Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

on November 1, 2012
This was a great value. I have not paid more than $13 for this card yet. I have many leapfrog and vtech players and games and I will say they both have pros and cons. Vtech tends to be much more affordable when it comes to game prices anyways so paying less for the card makes their apps even more affordable. I love that most of the products are backward compatible so if you upgrade you do not have to start all the way over. The one downside is that cartridge games currently cannot be purchased for download like leapfrog, but this could be changed in the future. I let my daughter pick a app or two out every week for getting stars on her chart for doing well on tests so this makes it affordable to encourage her to learn.

Edit 12/9/12 = V-tech has started to make the cartridges available for download as of last week for the Innotab and are planning to add more as well as music and videos. This makes these cards an even better idea to me since I do not have to worry about keeping track of the games and if they are deleted I can just download them again.
on March 7, 2013
I purchased a $20 downloadable app card for my daughter for Valentine's day. I added the card to my Learning Lodge Navigator. My daughter picked a game that was $24.99. I go on the website and attempt to use the $20 credit now on my account expecting to be able to pay for the difference with my credit card. A message pops on my screen that I do not have enough credit to purchase the game and to enter a different payment option. YOU CAN'T DO A SPLIT SALE!! You either have to purchase another app card and add that to the account or pay for the whole thing with your credit card or Paypal account. I emailed customer service and was told that they have contacted technical services about my issue and are awaiting their response. TEN DAYS LATER I still had not heard from them. I emailed again. They proceed to give me the runaround for the next week. FINALLY, I tell them I want a refund and they come back with "we would be happy to deposit funds in your account to make up the difference if you will tell us the name of the game and the amount". I tell them the name and the amount and the next email negates everything!! I am so tired of going around in circles with these people. I just want my money back so I can get my daughter what she wants. NEVER AGAIN!! I will never buy VTech products again, and I hope you don't either.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2014
Bought this from another website for $12.50. My child bought a few games and had $1.70 left over. I was able to use the $1.70 to put towards an $11.99 game she wanted and paid the difference though another method. It's great being able to buy the cartridge apps through the learning lodge so you don't have to mess with changing and keeping up with the actual cartridges. I did this through the learning lodge on the Innotab Max.
on November 16, 2013
You pay less than $20 for these when you buy from Amazon. This never happens in stores, so that's always a plus.
They are easy to apply to your account and your purchases.

The VTech ap store (where you purchase games, videos, etc.) does not allow you to pay with multiple sources. So if you get a $20 gift card and want a $25 item, you cannot split the payment between your gift card and your debit card. You have to buy an additional gift card or reload the one you have. My total came to $23.54 and I could not pay for it using the credit from my $20 gift card credit because my total was more than the gift card credit amount. I called VTech on a Friday, they said they would get back to me on Monday (and they did). They actually credited me the $3.54 free of charge, but the games that I had in my cart from that Friday were no longer on sale, so the total had changed to $29.20. At that point, the woman said she could not credit anything over $5 so I would have to buy an additional gift card. You will never be able to buy the exact amount that you purchase in gift cards. Nothing ever comes to $20 even or $40 even. So there will always be a credit balance floating on your account that can't be spent. I don't understand why a big company like VTech can't handle split payments. LeapFrog lets you pay any way you want.
on January 1, 2013
The price on this fluctuates, but it's a great deal, if you catch it on sale. My son has an InnoTab2S, and you can download a full cartridge, instead of buying it at the store. The prices on the VTech site are $25 for one (full price, but no tax), and they include the stories, games, and other material included on the cartridge. You can purchase them on your computer, then transfer them to the Innotab (directly with the 2S, once the software is purchased on computer, since the 2S has wireless capability). They also offer individual games for mostly $3.99-4.99 (note that most cartridges include several games, and these cheaper ones are single, standalone games). The Download Card is a physical card tucked inside a cardboard box. We picked up two of them for my son, and it wasn't until I'd set up the VTech software on my computer that I realized the card amounts and the purchase prices didn't really match up...
Ideally, if you can afford it, you should pick up 5 cards, net yourself about a 35% discount, then buy four of the cartridges. I can't speak to the MobiGo and other VTech products, but the store prices are pretty close, so I imagine VTech's online prices are similar, too. At the very least, go to their website and check out the prices, so you have a better idea what you can get and how many cards you will need!
on January 15, 2013
I like the card for the price I got it at, but I don't like how the Vtech website does things. The website has lots of game to choose from, but makes you have way more than enough app cards or just enough app card to pay for your order-its either/or-you cannot use this app card to pay for part of the order and pay for the rest of it with a credit card. You have to have 2 - $20 app cards to pay for a $24 game-you can't just use one $20 app card, then pay for the rest ($4) with a credit card on the Vtech website. That really stinks! However, the games range quite a bit in prices, though so you can find quite a few fun games for inexpensive.

Prices for the games go up and down throughout the year, so it is good to watch prices. The card price goes up and down too. I don't get why anyone would buy a $20 card for the same price when the website is so stingy about the way it is paid for (all on app cards or all some other method of payment-so why not just pay all with a credit card instead of paying $40 for 2 cards just for 1 - $24 game?) Only buy the card when it goes below the amount it is good for and when the price of the game you want is below $20 to get the best deal.
on November 26, 2012
This is a great price for this card! My daughter got this educational toy for her son for Christmas so I bought this as a stocking stuffer.
on December 29, 2012
My children got an Innotab 2s for Christmas and since I knew my mom was buying them I got one of these cards to try out. In all fairness I paid about 10 dollars for the one I got, so it made this a supreme value, but it'd be worth the 20 dollar value as well.

First, I have two children, so I wasn't sure about getting one card. Turns out that the downloads can go onto BOTH of their Innotabs! So they each can pick out a couple of downloads (and as long as you don't get the premium one the 20 dollars go far, but even some of the premium ones weren't bad. Overall the 20 card bought us a sponge bob episode, a camera add on, a coloring app, two e-books and 3 games. Not bad at all and both kids were very happy. It's a great way to stretch your dollar and still get stuff for your kids to enjoy.
on October 21, 2013
Well you buy this app card for 20.00 and if your app is like 19.99 there is taxes and that tax isnt the issue the issue is you can not buy the app if it adds up over the 20.00 , and think you can pay with your credit card the remaining balance ! so my son ended up with a bunch of stupid apps rather then one he really wanted so if your plan is to buy a disney app spend at least 40.00 so you can get the one app, even with 40.00 your only going to get the one great app and then use the rest for garbage, right now i sit at about 2.66 left on the card there for i have to buy another 20.00 app card to use the remaining
on March 10, 2015
This is a great deal! Will definitely be buying more of these from Amazon!