Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Black Stone Cherry Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM

Platform: PC Download - Steam DRM|Edition: Complete|Change
Price:$29.99

Be a cop in Hollywood in the post-war era: circa 1947. Patrol, Traffic, Arson and Homicide, as you move through the ranks solving cases. You search for clues at crime scenes, interacting with other cops and interviewing suspects and witnesses. You never know who you can trust (cops, witnesses or supposed victims of the crimes...), but over time you gain experience and wisdom.

Figuring out whether or not you're being lied to gets tougher as you move through the game. You start out as a Rookie and work your way up to Detective, but it's not easy. There are plot twists and brutal crimes to solve and interrogations can do you in, but it's the sort of fun you just can't get enough of once you start.

This is a great game that should appeal to a lot of players. Engaging game play that's also visually appealing. Accurate neighborhood recreations, and the facial renderings are particularly good. Time spent on refining this game is evident.

Not being a 'gamer' I found the basic mechanics of just driving a car in this game a bit daunting! Do a search online and you'll find 'tips and tricks' for it. The learning curve for me was steep, but it certainly won't be if you play PC role playing games on a regular basis.

The download of the game via Steam over high speed Internet (18.5 Mbps download speed) went easily, as did installation. The whole thing from start to finish took me about 3 hours to complete.

Overall, it's a lot of fun to be on the streets of LA, but watch your back!
on February 9, 2016
I've played this game before on an xbox, and it was pretty fun. But I played it on a low resolution TV and had trouble with the interrogations due to the poor quality. So I decided to try the PC version to see if a higher quality screen would affect how easy the interviews were.

I'll never find out though, because this game looks terrible. It's clearly not optimized for PC, as it is locked at 30fps, and stutters even at this low frame rate. And even when being rendered in 1440p, the game just does not look very good. For reference, I'm using a Geforce 980ti in my system, so the hardware should support a good gaming experience.

Overall I can't recommend getting this for any PC gamers. I would have given it one star, but because I actually enjoyed the game the first time I played it I had to give it two stars instead.
on February 19, 2014
being a detective and helping to solve cases is an extraordinarily engaging and exciting experience.
one of my most enjoyed games.

ps. the code is for NA (so you`ll need to change the ip to be able to add the game to steam).
on October 21, 2013
Another satisfying experience done by Rockstar. It's got shoot outs, mystery, and satisfying chase segments. This game features many actors from TV and it's fun to see them as characters in different cases. Wouldn't pass up this game.
on November 5, 2015
i like this game, not as great as some others i am playing more of, but when i play it i play it for hours. its a pretty amazing game all around if you read others reviews and the descriptions. i recommend NEVER paying full price and getting hard copies; except for bethesda, for some reason then send discs and you still end up d/l'ing from steam?!
on January 26, 2013
It's a real unique experience, the graphics is good, the facial emotions are amazing and the gameplay cannot be compared to anything I've seen before. I recommend to anyone looking for a new type of investigation game, although if you expect a GTA or Mafia clone, you will be disappointed, because it isn't about action, it's an interactive noire which takes the genre to its best.
on November 29, 2015
So far I cannot activate this game on STEAM unless I download it from STEAM and PAY them also. I go back to Amazon and can find no way to cancer or get my money back. Any help would be welcomed from Amazon or anybody else! No Amazon orders needing Steam form me!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2015
Great game for adventure, investigation players! It does have great story lines, graphics and some recognizable characters(actors) like Woody from Psych; which was hilarious to see! Not a fan of the shooting scenes but given that the character you're playing as is a cop, understandable, I do like that you get to drive but you don't have to either except in chases and maybe I wish the cases were a bit longer but overall pretty great game!
on January 26, 2016
will not play on steam nor is any games I have purchased which Amazon directed to Steam, whereupon Steam has not functioned properly beginning with simply signing in. This seems to be a real rip off. I will never purchase another pc video game from amazon if I am forced to use steam
on June 30, 2013
What can I say, it's ROCKSTAR.
I already own this game on the Xbox360, and just thought I'd buy it for pc as well.
Graphics are awesome, but what always seem to capture me, is the storyline, and gameplay.
Now I have this song stuck in my head, "I ALWAYS KILL THE THINGS I LOVE"
Youtube it, not the one from the game, but the orginal.
The super old school setting this game's story is in, is a total blast.