Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Cole Swindell Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

Price:$4.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

This has quickly become my new favorite dimension product! I've used other similar products such as Sakura's crystal lacquer, but Mod Podge has out preformed them in my opinion. This dimensional product can be used on jewelry, paper crafts, as an adhesive, and for creating your own embellishments such as beads and drops.

The best thing is the design of the bottle, the cap is perfect not allowing the tip to clog or the product to dry out. This stuff also flows easily from the bottle, you won't have to work at squeezing it out which is a plus in my book since I have "crafters hands" that get sore from the constant pressure I'm putting on them.

The product goes on with a white haze, but when it dries it dries clear and very shiny. It is ideal for replacing resins in my jewelry, but I've also used it to embellish paper crafts. I love the effect it has when I sprinkle glitter over it before it dries.

You'll have to give thick coats a good 24 hours to dry before handling. And of course, you cannot let anything come in contact with it until completely dry or it will ruin the finish.

This product is a fantastic tool for crafters, I'm using it more and more with my craft business, always coming up with new uses for it as I'm a paper crafter (not scrapbooker). Enjoy!
66 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
Sounded too good to be true but I tested it out and here are my observations:

It's very easy to use. The bottle tip is perfect for pouring and everything flows very smoothly. It does come out milky white. The bottle says it takes several hours to dry but I found that untrue.

My projects took about 3 days to dry. In that time, I touch-tested them (lightly pressed) and my fingerprints are forever stuck into my beautiful pieces. Also, it began to crack at the corners. Nothing major. You can't really see it unless you're holding it up to your face and inspecting but the point is they're there.

The first layer (about 2mm thick) had a severe dip in the center so I added a second layer. Still came out with a lighter dip in the center. It's very noticeable if you're holding it parallel. It did dry clear after the first day.

However, it is now day 5 since I made it and the pieces have started turning cloudy again. It's killing the colors and not very good at all. I would only suggest Dimensional Magic as a play-around kind of craft item. Definitely not a good replacement for resin or epoxy.
33 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2015
This stuff is really great for certain uses, but it has some drawbacks that make it not suitable for other projects. First, I can confirm what some other reviewers have reported about the "dimple effect." Basically the larger the item is, the more likely that there will be a noticeable depression in the center of the item after the glue is completely dry. I even tried to compensate for this by adding multiple progressively smaller coats (letting it dry completely between each one) just to the center of the item but most things still dimpled!

However, if you're using it to fill shallow tray-like jewelry items like rings or pendants, this effect is much less problematic or noticeable. This glue dries really shiny and clear, so it makes for a very beautiful finish and it's easy to use. The bottle and dispenser tip work perfectly and don't get messy at all. I would recommend this product if you need a hard shiny THIN coat over images/artwork. If you want a thicker coat or are hoping to build up a dome, it would be better to buy round, domed glass tiles and mod podge the image to the bottom of the glass (or there are also clear epoxy stickers that mimic these glass tiles).

The photo I included shows some pins I made using Dimensional Magic as a finish: they are wooden squares, the largest is about 1 inch tall and the smallest ones are a little under .5 inches square, that I added some of my printed artwork to and then several coats of Dimensional Magic.
review image
on May 20, 2012
We bought this because our local art store stopped carrying diamond glaze and didn't have time to get some shipped to us. Upon innitial use it seemed good, and was easy to apply for making pendants, but after a couple days the resin started getting a blue tinge, and it is getting worse by the day. It also reacted badly with some of the finishes in the gears we made into pendants and caused them to apparently rust at an excessive rate. It also doesn't dome over like diamond glaze does.
on January 5, 2013
I've been using the smellier resin products and thought I'd try this since it's winter and not fun to keep a window open when it's 5 degrees. But I've decided to wait til spring rather than use this.
As others mention, it is very easy to use. No smell, flows nicely. But when drying, it creates a dimple in the center of the piece. I'm used to filling cups twice to get a nice dome, but no matter how many layers, still there's a dimple. My piece ended up distorted because of this odd effect.

Perhaps this is good for other uses, but for filling bezels it's not the thing.
on June 11, 2013
I couldn't wait the shipping time, to buy it here, but will in the future when the price is better.

I found the tip to be a big help when using this. Do be careful of blow back, when lifting the bottle, those bubbles are killers.

Though it has a blue hue while it's drying, it is quite clear, when it is dry. It does take 24 hours to fully cure.

I don't like that it has surprise bubbles that appear sometime in the drying process. That is most annoying! Just out of the blue, little bubbles came up & dried. On one other piece, that had bubbles to start, the air bubbles were difficult to remove. Popping them isn't an option, you'll have to scrape them off or lift them out.

The product went on easily enough, but isn't thick enough not to bleed out over the sides. If you don't go the the edge of the image, you can't add more later, as it doesn't blend. You'll have to cover that up or cut those parts off. So you'll need to choose which way you would like the final piece to look. Too bad, because it would be nice to coat the ends, & have a nice finished look.

Granted, I only did six 3x2" magnet pieces, & know that experience will hone my skills, but I do believe that most people are going to use this once or twice. Or know that you'll waste through a few pieces till you get it right.

Like all glue, it likes dry & hot in order to cure. It does catch dust like crazy, so make sure you cover your piece (s) before moving anything, or leaving. Do be careful not to cause a condensation or "glue drying vapor" issue.

It takes about 1/4 of the bottle to cover three 2x3" pieces. I'm sure you can use less, if you just want a glossy coat over the photo, but wonder if you could get the same results (of that), with clear glue?
When time permits, I'll experiment some more with this, & update my finds. It's certainly a great product & while using photo paper, with a photo printer, you are going to have great results. Lesser prints, aren't going to look that great (I also tested a less than photo perfect piece). DO TEST, as it looks as though it may not be great with all ink types, & certainly let the photo dry for an hour or two. Additionally, press your photo on to your mat backing very well, & let that dry while being pressed. I have found this lifting the photo off the backing using clear Elmer's, as well as rubber cement. I had to put them into a (non heated) press for an hour.

Good luck
on March 12, 2015
I use a lot of Dimensional glue, and I'm not as fond of this as I am of Glossy Accents.

Pros:
It holds well
has a great shine
does dry clear

Cons:
it is very runny
if it gets too hot or cold, it will cloud up and not re-clear.
does not dry quickly
staying wet so long means that metal elements under it can rust or paper can degrade
on December 30, 2015
I normally use Ice Resin to make pendants using a bevel, but it's winter, and I thought I'd try something water-based to avoid fumes. Here is what I discovered about Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Glue.

Pro: no odor/fumes, quick drying time (few hours vs a day), don't need a torch to purge bubbles if you haven't shaken the container before using, don't need a cup to mix the resin and catalyst

Cons: When I use this for pendants, I want a dome effect. Instead I got a crater in the middle. It's unattractive and ruins the piece.
The product yellows/changes colour.
The surface is not resistant to pressure like resin. When I carried it in a plastic bag (to keep it from rubbing against other things) it kept the impression of the wrinkle of the bag against it, and this was days after the allotted "full cure" time (I let it set for about 4 days before even trying to touch it)
Goes on cloudy. If there is a hidden bubble in that glue, good luck finding it if it isn't on the surface.
Shrinks in size. What you see is not what you get. The nice dome shrinks down flat around the edges and the middle dips out.
Middle of the crater shows pattern/wrinkles that are most definitely not smooth.

There is the possibility that the reason this is happening is because I am asking too much of it. The bevels provided by Mod Podge are most definitely smaller, thinner, and not as deep as the ones I use for my crafting purposes. I have not attempted making thinner pieces to test this hypothesis, but it is safe to say that every attempt to use it with a bevel that is 3mm thick is too much for it to handle.

Pictures show the dome turned crater, the colour change (yellowing) and the cloudy application. (I picked a random picture of Otto the Otter for the purpose of this demonstration) I placed an unfilled bevel next to it so you could see the original colour as it should be.
review image review image review image review image
on September 18, 2014
[Insert cheesy promotional statement here.]
I had been experimenting with all kinds of small sculptures, and when I mean small, I'm averaging around 4-7 inches. Tabletop stuff, or things you'd hang on the wall. I had been working with polymer clay, specifically Sculpey, and to my satisfaction, I was getting results, and new ideas that would sprout with each accomplishment. Then I hit a snag.

How do you encase a sculpture in something far more durable than glass, let it be transparent, and look great all at once?

Epoxy Resin? I tried that one, by the way. Didn't work out for me. Smelled awful, stuck to everything, and the chemical reaction ended up melting such things like acrylic paint (!) and electrical tape (!!!).

After spending a lot of money, I found myself here. Well, at Michael's and Jo-Ann's first, but now I'm here. This stuff is fantastic... and it's cheap!

It takes 3-4 hours to harden completely, but it is a gel, not a super-watery mixture. Think yogurt. When wet, it's very cloudy, but when it is dry it is completely see-through. You might find yourself struggling with bubbles. I have to tell you, you'd be pretty lazy and stupid not to be able to triumph over it. These bubbles come about when you create an air pocket, so really, all you need to do is just push that thing out before your first hour goes by, and you'll be all set.

One suggestion - as with just about everything Mod Podge, this is a glue and sealant. That means, things stick to it until it is cured. Surprise! Keep it in a contained area and space when it's curing, and you won't have to worry about things happening to it while you do other things.

So get it. And think big, because there's a lot of potential with this.
on June 23, 2013
I bought this product to make a magnet. I first bought bottle caps, I used a 1 inch hole punch to out scrapbook paper. I glued the scrapbook paper to the inside of the bottle cap. I glued a magnet on the back of the bottle cap. I then use the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to fill the inside of the bottle cap. The directions said to allow it to dry "3 hours" it really takes over night. Also, I made two magnets. The one with blue scrapbook paper with a Mickey Mouse design did not dry clear. However, the other one I made turned out perfectly (used a polka dot paper). My friend also made photo magnets using wallet size photos and the 1 inch hole punch. She used the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic and it worked perfectly! One thing I didn't like was air bubbles did form. While it was still drying I took a small paint brush and spread out the Mod Podge. I don't know if this is frowned upon, but it worked for me!! Can't wait to try this again for more projects.