Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 12, 2013
Sorry for the quality of the video. It is because of the limitation in file size in amazon. If you wish to see the HD quality of this video please log into youtube and search for " Samsonite VizAir Laptop BackPack Review" .
Thank you for watching...
1414 comments| 312 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
I purchased this for my daughter who carries lots of books and a laptop in 3 different over the shoulder bags all day long. She has worn several shoulder bags out and she asked for a backpack. I have been looking for one that would not wear out in a month, hold all her books and protect her laptop. This is the one. It is very well made, padded shoulders, the top handle is also padded, the back is padded and vented. The pocket for the computer has bumper pads on the bottom to protect the computer if the bag is dropped. Lots of nice pockets, she should not need to carry a purse in addition to this. The pocket for the computer is slim, just big enough for the computer, the pocket for the books is roomy enough for 3 textbooks, with lots of storage slots for pens, calculators and other small items. It stands up on its own when sitting empty, so it has a good frame in it too. Very light weight. It is large enough but not bulky, I was afraid that it would look like a camel hump on her back, but I think it will be just right. The price is hefty for me, but I think it will be well worth the investment. The Samsonite brand indicates quality and it feels like a quality piece, plus it has a 3 year limited warranty. I love it. I hope she loves it. It will be given as a Christmas gift, so I will update the review once she has had a chance to use it.

1/30/13 Update
I purchased 2 of these, my son in college wanted one once he saw hers and he has reported back to me that he loves it. He said that it was very sturdy and light with good venting in the back and the straps, he is a sweaty boy who walks all over campus and that is important to him. My daughter handed hers to me the other day and warned me it was heavy and I darn near dropped it because it was so heavy, filled with books. It shows no wear, did not creak at any of the seams as I held it with one strap or the other and shifted the weight in my hand to get it better balanced. I can't say how impressed I am with this backpack. Very well worth my investment. I will check back in at the end of the year and tell you if they are still holding up.
on November 8, 2012
I want to start by saying I am a graduate business/law student. I have a laptop, I have a lot of books. I travel sometimes. I want my backpack comfortable to carry, protect my laptop WELL, and hold all my books, pens, highlighters, notepads, usb sticks, laptop charger, business cards and so on. Those are the needs that I keep in mind when I reveiw this bag.

I would like to give this bag something like 4,5 stars. Being a samsonite, it is not perhaps surprising that the backpack has the general feel and qualities of a travel suitcase. Hard to explain, but you will surely understand if you see it. That being said, the quality is generally superb, specially compared to most backpacks. The protection for the laptop is mostly top notch. The only problem is that a 15,6 inch laptop will not fit perfectly but will have the zipper tightly enclosed around it, meaning that any hits to the top of bag, on the edges of the laptop will likely damage it. That is a bit dissapointing. Also, its too bad the side pockets (for bottles) do not have any zippers, so that they could double as pockets for other stuff such as the computer charger. I would also have appreciated a business card holder and a few more separation pockets in the bottom pocket, to hold and separate stuff such as a USB stick, screen cleaner etc. As it is they are all in the same mesh pocket and it is not very orderly (Im a bit of neat freek who loves organization). If it was just a little bit more of a mobile office this would be amazing. Everything else I am extremely happy with.
on July 10, 2013
I admit I've never been a fan of Samsonite in general. In my experience, Samsonite luggage is OK for occasional travel that doesn't involve a lot of airline baggage handling. But my Samsonite luggage has not held up well on extended overseas trips, and I wouldn't expect it to last long if I were a frequent business traveler.

Nevertheless, after seeing the positive reviews for this backpack, I decided to give Samsonite another try.

I'm disappointed, and I'll be returning this backpack. Here's why.

Although advertised as suitable for a 17-inch laptop, it isn't. I bought this for a Lenovo Y500, which measures 15.6 inches diagonally, or 15.25 inches end-to-end. It just BARELY fits in this backpack, with noticeable bulges around the top corners where the zippers are straining to hold together. I would not expect them to last long under such continuous pressure. Nor would I expect the laptop to be well-protected in a case that fits so tightly. Samsonite provides rubber bumpers to put on the edges of the laptop for extra protection, but with them installed the laptop won't fit in the case at all.

Aside from the size, I am not impressed with the build quality of this backpack. I will defer to those who have owned and used it for a while as to how durable it is, but it doesn't look like it would hold up long under the rigors of airline travel. The fabric and padding are noticeably less thick than what I'm accustomed to from other brands, most noticeably Targus. And, like many less expensive bags, this backpack does not offer enough inside pockets to suit me. If you carry a lot of accessories -- cables, flash drives, etc. -- you'll need to buy extra pouches or vinyl bags to keep your stuff organized and protected inside the front "organizer" pocket. That means extra cost and more hassle.

I respect the high regard this product has received from other reviewers, but having seen it for myself -- and knowing what else is available -- I cannot concur. This backpack isn't bad, but I'm sending it back and looking for something else.
44 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2012
This is simply the best backpack I have ever owned! Since being in college I have had a lot of trouble finding a backpack that can hold up to the heavy loads that I carry on a daily basis. I have no doubt that this backpack will work for my upcoming semester of college. This is the best backpack in the world in my opinion. If you're in college and looking for a really sturdy backpack... this is the one for you! The Price may seem expensive but trust me... its worth it!!
on February 15, 2013
I like the design, the look.

But there are some problem with it. Firstly , throw out all of your jacket if there is velcro (hook- and-loop fastener) on them. Just because of the backpack material. I wore my jacket with at least two backpacks before, but it wasn't a problem. Now, after 6 months of using this backpack , the material of the back is lint and fluffy, looks like as an 5 years old backpack.

The zipper on the laptop sleeve usually opens by itself, so I usually worry about my laptop ( is it there or is it theft?) .

[...]
[...]

The quality of materials used pushed my hand the hardest when I gave it only three stars. There is a strong lint build-up at the back.

Update: after almost 8 months, it's much worse. I can't hold any Notebook in it:( I wish I didn't buy it. I just give only 2 star now

Update: after 11 months the main zip went south, totally rubbish. I asked the repair centre to fix the back zip as well, which is always opens itself, they didn't do that. 1 star , and obviously I never buy a samsonite product again.
review image review image review image review image
on August 6, 2013
I did a great deal of research before choosing this backpack, and am very satisfied with the purchase. I selected the black/electric blue color combination.

My goal was to find a backpack that could carry the following items comfortably:
- my laptop (a 13.3 in. ultrabook, though it appears that up to a 15 in laptop could fit into the laptop compartment)
- my iPad (there is a pocket in the main compartment that fits a tablet -- please note, however, that this pocket is NOT padded)
- my Kindle (I use the mesh pocket in the main compartment for this)
- laptop/tablet/Kindle cables (I store these in the front compartment along with pens, etc.)
- workout gear (I'm a runner, so I just need room for shoes and some light workout clothes)
- my lunch!

All of these fit (snugly) in the Samsonite Vizair. It was also important to me to find a backpack with padding on the bottom to protect my laptop if the pack were to be dropped. The Vizair stands up on its own, which is nice, and is pretty compact considering the amount of items I can fit into it. The top compartment is perfect for an iPod, sunglasses, and/or a smartphone. The backpack is comfortable to wear, with some added padding to support it against your back. It's also not a gigantic behemoth of a pack like some of the Swiss Gear and Ogio options. The water bottle holders on the sides are not the typical mesh/drawstring type, and thus look a little more professional (and could conceivably be used for another purpose).

Does the backpack look/feel luggage-esque? Perhaps, but I don't see this as a negative. This product is well-designed and durable, and the subtle touches of blue add some personality without being too extreme (note: I actually thought the blue was much more subtle, and less "neon," than the pictures indicate). Maybe someone who wants a no-nonsense, pure business and no frills backpack would disagree...but then, this *is* a backpack, not a briefcase.

Pros:
- Stylish
- Holds shape
- Large enough for much more than just a laptop
- Price (pretty affordable considering the quality!)
- Compact considering its storage capabilities

Cons:
- No padding in iPad/tablet pocket (not a dealbreaker for me, since I have sturdy cases for my Kindle and tablet)
on February 12, 2015
Pros: SPACIOUS-
This backpack has a lot of compartments and is very comfortable to wear. It holds a lot of books, binders, plus my laptop.

Cons: STRAPS BREAK-
The straps on this backpack are a design flaw. The shoulder straps that attach to the main backpack taper to about 1" wide. They are supported by 1" wide hot pink straps. Both the main strap and hot pink support strap started to fray and come apart within one week of use. I purchased this backpack at the end of August 2014 and yesterday February 2015 one hot pink support completely came undone. I can no longer use this bag. I'm going to attempt to return it.

Pictures included
review image review image
on January 23, 2013
This is a great laptop bag, with plenty of room for books and clothes or whatever else you want to carry. I love the styling and the roominess of the pockets---even the top pocket, which can be too cramped for hands to reach into on some bags, is big enough to easily get things in and out . The two-way zippers are great, and one of my main requirements in a bag after having too many that only zip one way, necessitating completely opening a flap in order to get things out. I want to be able to just open the top of the pocket I'm accessing so stuff doesn't spill out everywhere, and this one fits that bill.

The bag is VERY well made, and seems like it will hold up a long time. This has the feel of luggage, which I suppose it as, as opposed to just a thin school-type backpack. It's comfortable enough to wear, even with books inside. The laptop pocket with the silicone air bumpers keeps my laptop secure from jostling and dropping, and even a smaller laptop feels like it's snug and safe in that pocket (my laptop is a 14" Thinkpad).

Drawbacks that keep it from having 5 stars:
1. The felt-type liner material is a problem in the "folder pockets"---the place where you slide papers, tickets or thin folders at the back of the pocket---because it snags papers as you try to slide them. In the end I adapted a fedex mailer to slide down inside that folder pocket and then was able to slide my tickets and printed flight information easily in and out of the pocket.

2. Two side pockets for holding bottles: How many bottles does the average person take on any given outing? I would have preferred to have at least one of the pockets be zippered so that I could feel safe putting other things in it (phone, mp3 player, whatever). As it is, you dare not put anything in them other than bottles.

Overall this is the best laptop bag I've ever used (and I've several) and did not hesitate to buy a second one for my daughter.
on December 13, 2013
This is an update 22 months later. I had issues with the zipper and Samsonite sent me to a repair place who put new slides on it. The problem came back in 2 months . Samsonite is now replacing it. Thats why I bought a Samsonite. I

I was afraid this would be to small. Boy was I wrong, I wouldn't want it any bigger. For years I have been using a wheeled case for my computer and files. I fly a lot and have just about worn the wheels off it, expecting one to come apart any day. Looking around I saw 2 things Bose QC 15 headphones and a LOT of backpacks. Now that Every flight is full I have had a harder time getting overhead for my case and it barely fit under the seat. So I thought I would try a backpack. I liked the look of the Vizair and did not want a bulky one. When I put all my stuff in it I had room for more. With that said it is on my back so I did get rid of things I was schlepping all over the country. The computer compartment is padded all over and has a bunch of room. Pockets everywhere and well built. I am very happy I tried the Vizair.