Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on August 19, 2012
As a former Div-II and semi-pro goalie now in my late 30s, I've been looking for something fairly inexpensive that will hold up to the adult leagues I play in. I've tried out MANY different pairs of gloves in the last 25 years, and these are one of my favorite "cheap" pairs.

In the past, I'd have used these for training only, and would've only needed them to last a month or so. Now I use them as a match glove as the people I play against are weak Div-I or Div-II college players at best. So far, these are holding up very well to outdoor games 2x a week.

The grip and padding on these are excellent, and have a durometer very adequate for all but top-level college goalies or higher. Not sure how they'd hold up if you're an average goalie and dig the ground often, but with proper form, but they are holding up very well above expectations for me.

These are easily a great pair of gloves for high-school and travel players, and wish I'd had something of this quality (and price range) 25 years ago.

UPDATE 4/29/13... Well, this pair of gloves made it through 3.5 sessions of indoor (don't even want to count the # of games!), which is better than I can say for any pair I've ever owned near this price point. In the past, I've always bought another pair somewhere near the start of the 3rd session and used them part way into outdoor season. Although the padding on the fingers is worn through (worn off?), they are still amazingly sticky, and I am very impressed. Just ordered another pair of these, even though there is a newer version available - I like tried and true.
on September 1, 2012
Ive been looking for a good affordable glove and ive found it. Now i came from using addidas finger save gloves that go for $85.00 which is too expensive for me seeing as the super soft foam only lasts 15-20 games. i play year round, 2 games a week, indoor and outdoor. so i gave these a chance and boy was i satisfied. after one full game of intense indoor soccer they didnt have one small peice of foam missing. the 3mm foam worked well. now the only con is since the foam is thinner. it causes more rebounds when hitting the gloves directly. a small con if you ask me.
on October 28, 2012
My daughter is 14 and my son is 10 and both play travel soccer as goalkeepers. My daughter is playing Freshman and JV soccer for her high school. We have tried many different pairs of gloves for the kids and these are probably the best priced gloves with "fingersave" protection in the fingers.

The gloves are well-padded and reasonably "sticky". We can easily get a full season out of a pair of them.
on January 17, 2013
These gloves are awesome! The grip is pretty good, the durability is amazing, and padding works well. A huge bonus for me were the finger savers. Its very hard to find another glove that works as well as this one for such a ridiculous price (for $30 you cant go wrong. If you are looking for a long term glove that lasts, these are the ones. They hold up well on any playing surface. I've had mine for 6 months and by cleaning them properly every couple of matches and practices, they still have little signs of wear (I play 2 games a week and practice 3 times a week, and yes, i said 6 MONTHS). I highly recommend these gloves to everyone who doesn't want to spend a good amount of money on gloves that will be ruined 2-3 times as fast. Brine makes an excellent glove and if you want to buy these, buy a size larger, as the fingers run a little small.
on January 1, 2013
While these gloves are beautiful and affordable, the fingers are significantly more narrow than fingers of other gloves. Ordered a size 8 for my 13 year old, who wears size 8 Nike gloves, and he couldn't get his fingers in the gloves.
on April 6, 2013
I was very happy with my purchase of these gloves. This was my second purchase of this pair of goalkeeping gloves. This pair was a gift for a friend after having bought a pair for myself a few weeks earlier.

These are good quality goalkeeper gloves with a great backbone feature (also referred to as finger saver feature on some gloves). The latex has good tackiness and appears that it will hold up for a reasonable amount of time with proper maintenance (I recommend a glove wash for upkeep). Moreover, the mesh along the sides of the fingers offers decent breathability. Also, the mesh on the back of the thumb has come in handy for wiping sweat off my brow.

The glove was true to size based on a measurement of the circumference of one's palm at it's widest point (i.e. the circumference in inches of the palm rounded up plus one inch).

I read in a previous review that a purchaser was upset about the latex catching on the velcro and ruining the latex palm when strapping on the gloves without assistance but this has not been an issue for me. It isn't hard to avoid touching the velcro to the latex palm while putting on the gloves on your own. I wouldn't worry about this being an issue.

The availability of different color options was great also. I gifted this second pair to a friend that is a Univ. of Kentucky alum; so the blue palm with white and black was perfect.

When I received the gloves, the one issue I had with the first pair I bought for myself was that when I tested out the backbone feature by pushing back on the fingers while wearing the glove, I felt the backbone on the right pointer finger snap. This is the reason I gave the gloves a 4 instead of a 5 star rating. However, it snapped at a point closer to the wrist and the backbone still serves it's purpose of protecting my finger. I may have over done it in trying to assess the strength of the backbone.

In summary, a great pair of quality goalkeeping gloves with great features like the finger protecting backbone at an excellent price. I highly recommend them.
on June 23, 2012
This glove has been a fantastic inexpensive glove! My son plays both indoor and outdoor soocer and we were looking for a replacement glove that would hold him over until we could buy another expensive pair. This glove has been phenominal for the price! My son has played 6 games and had many practices and there are still no rips or chunks out of the glove. I can't say the same for other inexpensive gloves we had purchased in the past. We are very impressed!
on November 13, 2013
I normaly get the cheap pairs of goalie gloves and, for me i normaly jam my fingers at least 10 times in a three month outdoor season, and i started indoor season last week and didnt have any new gloves so i borrowed a pair of these gloves and they were my favorite pair of goalie gloves i have ever used. i didnt know what kind of gloves they were but i wanted to get a pair. i didnt know if i could because they seemed really nice and most of the time that means really exspensive. so i looked on amazon and found the kind of gloves i barrowed and they were only $30. i was really suprised. i cant wait to get my own pair.
on January 28, 2013
Where else can you get quality gloves with finger protectors for less than $60....let alone less than $30. My daughter is a very active and aggressive keeper, and although she goes through 2-3 of these per season, so do others that spend $75-150 on thier gloves.

The finger protection works well but has broken once during practice when when a canon let lose a ball that she blocked. I will say that I think the protector did it's job and probably prevented a broken finger!

Good for active keepers through U12 or the occasional weekend warrior that likes to jump in the goal w/o spending too much.
on April 26, 2013
I bought these for my 11 year old who is the goalie on his travel soccer team...they took a little while to break in, but he says he likes them. I mainly bought them for the stays, and he wasn't crazy about them at first for that reason, but he has gotten more accustomed to them. The only complaint at this point is that they aren't as "sticky" as the cheaper ones he used to get (he would go through two pair of those in a season). Not sure I will purchase them again, I guess we'll see what his final verdict is when they wear out.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse