Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 12, 2012
Not worth having because the import bonus tracks are missing ("Addicted" on B2B and "Help Yourself" on Frank) and neither are the Deluxe Edition second discs. What should be bought instead is the 4CD boxset "Frank And Back To Black"...with all bonus tracks and an extra track on "Frank" not on the deluxe..."Lioness" can be bought separately.

Looking forward more to the BBC Sessions box, 3 or 4 CDs.
11 comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2013
This CD is amazing. I was never really an Amy Winehouse fan based on what I saw in the media until, I bought her music...Wow, what a talent!! As a result, I now own everything she's done. This CD is fantastic and I highly recommend it to people who enjoy blues and pop. Most important you'll understand while listening to her lyrics the pain she must have been feeling all along. A star who clearly fell far too soon.
on April 17, 2013
I'm in my sixties--not the usual audience for a singer like this, but huge talent always shows, and she had it!
on July 4, 2013
If you are an Amy Winehouse Fan this is a must have. It has all the songs from her first two albums, Frank and Back to Black! Also, includes a third album of never before heard recordings from Amy Winehouse. This July will be the anniversary of her untimely death and I think this is the best way to remember her talent, love for music, and her unique voice as both a writer, singer and musician. Please get this and you will never regret it!
on August 24, 2015
I really didn't know her body of work before the documentary came out. Ordered these, and while long-time Amy aficionados can carp about the length of a song, or the 'take', I found the music and her voice to be mesmerizing. Her capacity for variation is remarkable, and she does her best, to my mind, on her jazz pieces...I'm over 70, but will continue to listen to her and will buy any jazz-focused CD of hers that's available.
on January 26, 2014
This is a very comprehensive collection of the tragically short discography from Amy Winehouse. This girl had soul, she felt her music very deeply, and that is apparent in the gorgeous vocals and arrangements. A must have for any fan of hers and a great acquisition for anyone interested in real soulful R&B, not that whiny stuff that gets passed off as R&B lately.
on April 30, 2013
I LOVE Amy Winehouse and am so glad to fnially get this set. I haven't been able to stop listening since I ripped it out of the package. Talk about talent! Soul with hip-hop? Forgetaboutit! It's heaven for your ears and soul!
on September 3, 2014
Overwhelming. SO much talent, gone so young. Taken all together like this, it's so clear that Amy Winehouse had everything it takes to be one of the greats, except the healthy seed inside her self that would have kept her alive.
It's really a tragedy.
on May 24, 2016
I wish I had listened to more of her music before she passed. I didn't bite on the hype when she was popular and critically acclaimed. After buying this very reasonably priced collection I was very impressed with her talent and presence. She seemed like she belonged in another bygone era where the torchbearer/vocalist style was more appreciated. I though "Back to Black" and the "Lioness" contained some memorable tracks. "Frank" was a bit more pop oriented and seemed to gear to showing off her incredible range. This is a great introduction for someone who wants to hear a bit more than what the radio has to offer of her music. I particularly enjoy "You Know I'm No Good", "Me and Mr. Jones", "Back to Black" "Wake Up Alone" and the great interpretation of "Girl From Impanema" done when she was just 19.
on May 11, 2016
Three albums, one of which (Back to Black) is excellent. The other two (Frank and Lioness) not so much. Opinions will vary of course, but this is my review, folks. :-) If you haven't listened to Amy, definitely get Black and then consider the others. Fans will already have (and love - probably) the rest of her collection.