Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Doodle Sprint Fly and Jump
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on November 1, 2012
Now that the free apps of the day with Halloween themes from Amazon are over and this is the month of Thanksgiving in the United States of America, I have decided to start this month by being a little generous. Therefore, I am going to give this app 2 stars instead of just one like I should probably have given it.

I want to disclose that I did get this as the free paid app of the day today from Amazon.

This game is completely functional and playable so I am not disputing that.

My problems with this game is that it is way too simple in design. For example, your character is limited to just jumping up and flipping between the top part of the screen and the bottom part of the screen.

That means there is no way to control how fast your character is going or how high or low the character jumps. So to sum it up, this game is completely based on timing.

To make matters worse, this game lacks a variety of obstacles and they seem to appear at random times making some places impossible to continue without dying. Every time you die you have to start all over, and I am not even sure if there are any levels or checkpoints in this game.

One other annoying thing about this game is that you get the same dull looking Game Over screen every time you lose the game, and when you try to restart by touching the screen to play again, the character is already jumping once in the next game right away.

And finally, the music feels somewhat repetitive.
on November 1, 2012
I tried to be fair and give it a shot. these stick figure games were very popular a couple years ago so I didn't get why there were all the bad reviews. the game play seemed about what I would expect, but could have been explained a little better. my issues are that it did not remember setting such as sound and music being off between each time it is started, and even when turned off it still makes some sounds. worst of all it does appear to use the data network, so it must be data mining. I'm uninstalling it.
Game play:
You control a stick figure and it runs across the top of broken ground and you can make the figure jump with your left hand to clear crevasses in the ground. There are other obstacles that you can run into and even a simple trip kills you. There is also the possibility to fly and spin with your right hand but you can fly off the top of the screen. Flip up to fly and down to return to the ground and hope you don't land in a crack or hit a flying object.

Home screen:
* Run & Fly
* Classic
* Advanced
* Endless
* Turn off sound FX
* Turn off music
* An ambiguous logo that takes you to the Amazon App store or the Amazon Browser
* A square logo that also takes you to the Amazon App store or the Amazon Browser
* A skull and crossbones that takes you to a long list of their games and also takes you to the Amazon App store or the Amazon Browser

What I like:
This is a very simple running and jump game but that is about the limit of any good comments I can make. The game is too simplistic and action is so repetitive that it gets boring quickly.

What I don't like:
Three links on the home page to get you or your children to buy more games and providing links to the web. Make sure to turn off your WIFI or put your phone in airplane mode to turn off the transmitter to avoid more purchases or web browsing by your children.

The game graphics are very basic. The game play is extremely repetitive and you will tire of it quickly.

Summary:
This is a game with simple graphics that features repetitive game play. The graphics are very bland and simple. It does what is says it will but I would not buy it for $0.99. The game has three links on the home page to get you to Amazon to buy more of the developer's games.

I rate the game as 2 stars as it does what it says and works on my Kindle Fire. For me I did not enjoy the game play and that is the reason for the lower score.

Size: The game is 7.88 MB on my Kindle Fire.
Permissions:
* Network communication - full internet access
* Network communication - view network state, view WIFI state
on November 1, 2012
I downloaded this game to see why it was rated so low.. And possibly join in on the hate.. But it's not that bad. Definitely doesn't deserve 1 star.. The game has a good concept, but the controls need some help.
on January 9, 2013
its a game. i dont play many, so i thought id try it. i played it maybe three times and lost interest.
on October 31, 2012
Hard to know where to start. This game bites.

Terrible laggy performance, even on my Nexus 7.
They stole the slogan from that one chip company, "once you pop you can't stop." How cr*ppy is that!
Graphics from the pits of low-quality graphics h*ll.
Overlapping game components, just stupid all around.

Uninstalled after about 30 seconds of gameplay, really could tell from the screenshots in the App Store app that it was low quality, just wanted to check it out and see if it was as bad as it looked. Anyway, it's free, and it's not even worth that!
on November 1, 2012
I don't think I've ever played anything worse than this. For a game so lacking in visual fidelity it takes too long to load. The controls are not responsive and you experience all the game has to offer in the first half second. The fact they have the audacity to charge any amount of money for this crapp is an insult. suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck. This app sucks.
on December 15, 2012
hey I think you should play it it is really fun! yayayayayayay!play it people or you wont have any fun in your life
on November 1, 2012
it was fun I don't know what you guys are talking about the only bad part is that its hard
on September 14, 2013
I got bored after playing it two times.

To the programmer Multinetz of Doodle Sprint Fly and Jump,

Keep writing programs, your on the right track for sure.
You have lots of potential.
Have a nice day to all.