Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Angry Birds Star Wars Fighter Pods Jenga Death Star
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 22, 2012
I know they call this a Jenga Death Star, but to me that just feels wrong because Jenga to me means wood and these are plastic. I don't understand why the Jenga name is on this at all. However, that doesn't mean it's not fun. I was as concerned with this as I was with the Angry Birds Star Wars Fighter Pods AT AT Attack because it looked like a lot of pieces and a lot of work (not only putting it together, but retrieving all the pieces from where they get blasted to).

Happily, it wasn't as hard as I thought. My son and I easily snap together the two main pieces of the death star while snapping in the "arch", and then slide in the 'key', which is a thick 'setup card'. It has the diagram right on the background so you just put each plastic piece (pieces are numbered and so is the diagram) right in on top of its picture. Most of the pieces are "1" (small) and "2" (large) pieces, except for the ones that have raised detail for the eyes and nose. Once you've stacked them all and put the piggies in there, you just stick the whole thing in the stand and remove the board (carefully!).

It comes with an X-wing launcher that looks like it has a slingshot sticking out of the top. On the launcher is a little peg that you slide the figures onto, which makes it much easier to pull back and fire the figures at the death star. I'm pretty good at it, but my son is awful, which is why it's good that this is marked 8+. I just don't think you have very much control when younger. He uses big Chewbacca and gets right up close.

It can usually withstand more than one hit, which makes it more fun. The pieces do tend to go flying, so we bought an art display board to put behind it and that helps a lot (like this EPI730191 - Scholar Pro Display Board, 36x48, Black).

My son has been wild about Angry Birds Star Wars and was especially excited by the pre-game video that showed footage from Star Wars of Obi-Wan saying "that's no moon, it's a space station" and Han Solo says "it's too big to be a space station" while you watch the death star turning and...it's a piggy death star! So when he saw this at the store along with all the other Angry Birds Star Wars toys, he had to have it (and the AT-AT Fighter Pod set). He's had quite a bit of fun playing with it even though he's terrible at firing the figures.

We never use the dice, but I think it's great that this is not just a build-it-and-destroy-it set but also a game if you use the dice and point scale. Overall I have to say that even though it was easier to assemble than I thought, it does get a bit old putting all of the numbered pieces in again each time.

Figures:
Luke Skywalker bird
Han Solo bird
Chewbacca bird
Darth Vader piggy
4 Stormtrooper piggies

Since these sets are all basically plastic parts, they feel a little on the pricey side to me. The soft rubber figures are pretty awesome though. Note that the figures from this and the non-Jenga Fighter Pod sets are different sizes (and have different sized holes).
on November 26, 2012
Ok my son will be 6 in March, he likes playing angry birds on my phone or tablet sometimes. This toy is D-U-M-B. Having said that my son has made me or his mom play this with him about 100 times and we've only had the thing for 6 days. Everyday he wants to play it, so it's getting 5 stars, yeah the death star is hard to destroy for him, and if you don't play in front of a wall you'r chasing down the bird after every shot, but the kid loves to play it, and that is the purpose of a toy, so it's 5 stars for me. I wish I would have waited until Christmas to get it, because it would have been his favorite toy at Christmas for sure....so now I am looking at getting the AT-AT one for Christmas just so I can feel like I got him the right thing! lol
22 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2015
This was an Xmas gift for my two older sons it has a lot of pieces to it and is quite fun to play with. That being said it can be a pain to put together and when it's so easy to knock down it can be a pain to stop the fun to have to set it up.
on February 11, 2016
I got this for my 4 1/2 year old son who loves Star Wars characters and Angry Birds. He is obsessed with it and wants to play it constantly. The ages listed on the box seem a bit off; I can't imagine many kids much over 8 would find this nearly as fun as younger kids. The only catch is that this is difficult for my son to set up so he does need a little help, but he's starting to figure it out. My husband and I have both played with him and I think we both find it more entertaining than most of our other kid games. There is "a lot" of pieces (a lot=more than 20, not a thousand) so keep in mind that this is a game of diligent clean-up or else the game may not work (if you're missing certain blocks, you wouldn't be able to assemble it). The launcher is also a bit tricky as it takes two hands to operate. All in all, I'm beyond pleased with it and highly recommend for your little angry bird fan.
on May 21, 2016
This is a super fun game to play with kids. My son is 7 and he loves lobbing the birds at the deathstar. Keeping score is easy too. The game is well made and has lasted through many rounds of destruction. I am pleased as well that we haven't lost any of the pieces... yet
on January 6, 2016
Great toy to keep a 7 year old busy for hours. After I showed him how to build the Death Star a couple of times, my nephew could build it on his own. It's a puzzle that kids get to knock over with their favorite StarWars/Angry Birds characters. Whats not to love.
on October 28, 2015
My son is a big Angry Birds fan and he has a lot of fun with this. The Jenga structure must be assembled according to a grid - which will require adult involvement if buying for a younger child. Even without the Death Star assembled, he has a lot of fun playing with the birds and storm troopers.
on January 8, 2013
This is a game with dice and a jenga style pig in which you are given a slingshot to shoot the bad guys( pigs) with your Star Wars Birds. I am overall bad with directions and not mechanically inclined. The directions given are minimal and there is no picture on the box of what the end product should look like. There is a cardboard piece that you need for the back to support the structure until it is built and upright. I managed to rip one of the tabs for the cardboard on the second build. It was not exactly easy to figure out proper set up, kind of like putting together a 3 dimensional puzzle. We did this on a carpet which was under a hardwood floor. Once built it did stay up and the game of knocking down pigs commenced. My 5 year old and I played this for almost three hours. Once we got into the swing of the set up it became pretty fast and easy. My five year old can set it up by himself now but needs help setting it upright. I advise if you buy it you might want to get a picture of what you are putting together so you have an idea of what pieces go where. Otherwise a pretty fun game. There are lots of little figures and unlike many items in the Angry Bird Family the sling shot was easy for a child to use and we were able to really work on getting an angle we wanted.
on August 18, 2014
Another great addition to the Angry Birds Star Wars line. It does take an older kid or adult to setup the game, but the hours spent launching flying foul at Darth Vader has been enjoyable to watch. The kids have also discovered that the catapults are also fun in other playtime activities. What game doesn't get improved with catapults?
on January 11, 2014
My little brother loved his gift, but i noticed him being tired of rebuilding it every time he wants to play. It takes like 2 minutes for him to knock all the pieces down, and at least 4 minutes to put it all back together the right way. Its fun, but not a toy that will be played with too often. Theres a lot of pieces to put together, and the thicker piece of paper youre suppose to use while assembling will probably be too flimsy in the near future.

See 1 answered question