Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 15, 2012
Alright, let's get the most asked questions out of the way up front! YES Google Play, and other expected Android includes work perfectly on the tablet I ordered!

Yes, it runs Android 4.0 (a.k.a Ice Cream Sandwich) right out of the box!

Yes, my unit was a full capacitive touch screen!

Now that we've cleared up some major asking points - let's talk more about this little beauty that I ordered!

Let me begin by saying that I ordered this one for my lucky 11 year old nephew. I say lucky because, upon trying/testing this unit, I fell in love with the tablet myself!

Let's be absolutely clear on what I received/expected.
A brand new, (black in color) 7-inch (measured diagonal), capacitive touch screen tablet running Android version 4.0.3 (Ice cream Sandwich).

Now, if you've been searching, there are MANY brands available. You'll also find a wide range of reviews and experiences. I can only speak for my transaction, but I received exactly what was described, and at an unbelievable price!

If you're buying this for an experienced power Android user, it may not meat their personal power/performance demands for the heaviest of games, etc. But, for newbies, to moderate users, it's exactly what most are looking for! It will run everything such as web browsing, YouTube videos, Google Play, many/most Android games (including Angry Birds), etc!

This is a perfect device for any tween or teen as well! It will leave them in awe.

Based on my transaction, I highly recommend this tablet.

It comes packaged in a retail-type box, with ear buds, USB cable, AC power adapter, and basic manuals.
Mine, (I mean my nephew's) presented zero scratches or defects! It performed better than I expected.
on October 21, 2012
I know this is inexpensive but I have had success with inexpensive tablets before. All I want to do is Kindle, Netflix, and TED for Android, some light browsing and to load some pdf or text files. All this unit did well was the Kindle reading. The capacitive screen performance is intermittent. Netflix and TED load, bring up the opening screens and allow you to scroll the selections. But when you actually try to run anything there is no response. I have and older Coby Kyros and though it's limited in what it can do, it does work. I was wanting another inexpensive Android with 4.0 instead of my current 2.3. I was going to go with a Coby Kyros but I saw this one for $20 less. I'm returning this one and going to get the Coby.

Update - shortly after I wrote the first part of this review I had a family emergency so I didn't get around to shipping it back. took it out of the box to check it again last week and now it's even worse now. when you touch the screen you have no idea what's going to happen. it responds like my finger was an inch away from where it actually was. Same result with a stylus. contacted the seller explained family emergency they said too bad. terrible product - terrible company. like I said I'm not someone who complains because my $80 tablet is not an iPad. This company is bad like their products. Just trying to warn you. mine is going to the nearest recycle bin. maybe it can be ground down into asphalt - best use for it.
on December 2, 2012
When I first ordered this tablet for my son, I thought, "It's going to be too small for him to
be able to play his games on! I mean, he's going from a 32 inch tv, to a 7 inch gizmo!" ,but it was the only thing he asked for,and for $79, I couldn't beat the price...and if it meant I wouldn't have to keep giving up the laptop,so he could watch origami videos on youtube,I was willing to give it a try!
So,it arrived before the estimated time,as usual! (Thank you,Amazon!) I opened it up and said, "Oh,come here honey..
look at how cute it is." My wife comes in the room and immediately says, "SEND IT BACK...there is no way that little thing is going to keep our son entertained!" I told her I would,but it would have to wait until Monday. In the meantime,I went to Google Play and installed a bunch of free games and tried them out. AngryBirdsStarWars, excellent response time from this little device. And aiming is much easier than using the mouse on the laptop! She's caught me playing a few times and reminded me that,"it's going back Mondaaaay",in that voice that means,do or die...well,just as I was getting ready to uninstall all of the games and pack it up this morning, I noticed a game on GooglePlay...Air Hockey Glow...I knew this may be my shot to save our son's Christmas! She and I have had epic air hockey matches in the past and if this game was any good at all,she couldn't resist! I installed it and tried it out first. AWESOME! The glow is impressive! Bright colors! You use your finger to move the puck and since the monitor is only 7 inches,you can play anywhere! So,I made my plan of attack!
" Oh,sweety...where are you?", I yelled down the hall. She came into the room,hands on hips,ready to yell at me,when she saw that sweet glow from that little screen and instead of screaming at me for bothering her again,she asked,"is that air hockey?". "Why,It most certainly is",I said. "How do you play?",she asked,while drying her hands on the towel hanging on her shoulder. "I'm not really sure...I just found it and installed it a second ago..would you like to try it out with me?",I asked (Look,I couldn't tell her the truth and let her know,I had a leg up.I know as long as she's losing,she'll keep playing and our son has a better chance of getting his Christmas present. If that puts me on the naughty list,so be it! :) She said,"Sure,but only one game;That kitchen isn't going to clean its self!". So,30 minutes later we're having a blast. We're tied at 3 games apiece,and I defy anyone to tell me this is any less exciting than any game 7 in World Series history! I mean,the stare down at the beginning of the game was worth $79! I told her I would never tell anyone who won game 7,so I won't...ok,it was me! Longer story,slightly shorter...our son gets his tablet and she wants one after Christmas,(and an immediate rematch) because our thoughtful family members always get us Amazon gift cards!

Pros: Great picture quality
Great Sound! (Headphone is slightly better than the speaker)
Excellent touch screen response

Cons: None
Great Price
on October 4, 2012
This is a fine tablet and is well worth the cost. I bought it for my daughter. She downloaded the USB Host Controller and busybox apps and the tablet recognizes the external keyboard that I also purchased. All I need now is my OTG USB host connector and we will be in great shape!
on November 24, 2013
The device works ok for the price but the electrical adapters prongs come off in the electrical socket...kinda a problem....a bit dangerous?. I had bought 2 of these and both have loose prongs in the adapters. I had also bought some sort of insurance on these (stupid I know) which they said the adapters were not covered so I canceled that...I did get a small convenience fee back from Amazon which was nice of Amazon to do. We contacted the manufacturer on this because we still have no adapters for the devices. We are also reporting the safety issues of these electrical adapters sold with the product.
on November 16, 2012
Edit: 30 Nov. 2012. The Tablet stopped working correctly. 4 days after Amazon's return policy. I hope they can help me out. The menu keeps flashing on the screen constantly.
let me start with the Pros. Very sturdy. Seem that it is a solid design. After a few updates the tablet perform better than average compared to many others I've wasted my money on. Screen resolution was way better then I had imagined. The processor is average but at 1.2 ghz you really can't expect much. Now for the Cons. The description says 4gb with expandable memory up to 32 gb which is true.. to a point. The expandable memory is only good for if you want to put movies or songs on it. If you want to add or put apps on it, No Good. It shows a external memory but it is actually an internal memory which is only 1.8gb, can't get many apps on that. I emailed the seller here's the response: Please check the content on the sd card by clicking "file manager" on the home screen. You can see all the contents on your tablet from different SD card or internal storage spaces.

When you plug in your SD card into the slot, the tablet will recognize the sd card, the sd card icon will be shown on the bottom corner of the screen.

When you connect your tablet to a PC using the USB connections, you will see the SD card as a separate drive (see below). You can copy files direct to the SD Card using your file manager.

On your tablet PC, you will find the data on the SD card at /mnt/external1 (the last digit is the number one).
The Gallery app will automatically see any photos or videos on the SD card.
You may need to go into the Setup of other apps to add the directory to the list of locations scanned.
A great free file manager, which can see the SD card data is File Manager HD (Honeycomb). This app will let you move files from the internal storage to the SD Card directly on the tablet without connecting to a PC.
Other memory card related stuff:
You can leave the memory card in the tablet at all times, it doesn't need to be removed.
To remove and or change the memory, the safest method it to first go to Setup, select Storage, then Unmount the SD card. This way, you will be assured that nothing is using the memory card at the time you remove it. When you insert a card again, it automatically is mounted.

TabletExpress
No answer to why I can't move apps to my sd card that I installed. File manager will not allow you to move apps to the installed sd card. And don't try to use it as a ereader it will use all your internal memory.
on October 8, 2013
It's a Driod. That said, you need to get an external keyboard, as the touch screen is so sensitive that it's almost impossible to type anything. The processer takes forever to go from page to page when connected to Wi Fi. If you want cheap internet access, & have a lot of patience it's ok for the price.
on October 28, 2012
This is a great little tablet. I was able to figure it out on my own and I am not very computer literate. Bought it mostly to play "Words with Friends" wherever I am. Only problem, it arrived without the battery charger! I was able to plug it into my computer with the power cord so it is fine for now. Amazon acknowledged the oversight and refunded me $15.00 to purchase another one. So, I am still a happy Amazon shopper.
on November 26, 2012
I was a bit skeptical because of the low price but decided to give it a try. So far (a few weeks) it's blowing my socks off. It connected to my wireless home network effortlessly. I've downloaded programs from Google Apps and now can beam videos from my PC to my Smart TV and make Skype video phone calls. The GPS is slow but works. It recognizes my voice to input words from the onscreen keyboard. My brother says it has features that even his IPad doesn't. One note of caution - It;s slow. However, it's well worth the price.
on December 23, 2012
My three-year old granddaughter is very familiar with tablet operation since she "borrows" my Galaxy Note 10.1, her mother's Asus 300T, and her sister's Ipad. We didn't want the high priced LeapFrog series because that type of tablet cannot be "borrowed" by her other sister. Well, we decided she should have her own so that she can watch her Netflix kid stuff. Well, Netflix downloaded alright, but that's about it. You cannot download the Playstore app, and the tablet is not listed in the compatible chart for the app. There are other apps such as our cable supplier that cannot be downloaded on this tablet either, and our attempts only give us an error message. Yes, the tablet is priced at $100, however, I did expect it to be Android-app compatible even at that price. It's going back.