Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Eureka WhirlWind® Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum, 4242A
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on April 11, 2013
I did a lot if research on Vaccums and wanted a Baglesss Vaccum that was affordable, Baglesss & quiet. Here's my experience so far.
Pros. Easy to assemble
Push botton cord rewind
Pleasant sound/ not loud
Great power
Baglesss

Cons. Hard to empty all the Dust.

My only complaint would have to be the Dust container. It's the only design flaw that really makes it hard to empty. Here's the problem. The container has a very narrow space between the inside Filter and the outside wall causing the Dirt to litterally clump up and get stuck in there which if left unnoticed can reduce the suction power. Here's a pretty simple solution. If you don't want to use your hands, use a Stirring Stick. You can pickup these Stirring Sticks Free at Home Depot or any Paint store. I found that they work great for getting the stuck debris out effitiently. There you have it. For a $100 Vaccum, I'm willing to live with that.
Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have reviewed quite a few vacuums around the $60-$100 price range and I realized, I have not reviewed a Eureka bagless upright vaccuum yet. So, I decided it's time for me to review the "Eureka "WhirlWind Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum".

I. ASSEMBLY

Putting the "Eureka WhirlWind Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum" was rather simple. Everything snaps in together and there are five screws that you need to put in and tighten with a Phillips and that's pretty much it. You get a free extra belt for the vacuum (for the wheels) included and everything was really easy to put together.

Just follow the instructions as shown and you'll put this vacuum together in less than half an hour.

II. FIRST IMPRESSIONS

My wife was excited because of the vaccums we have, including our expensive Dyson vacuum, none of them have a retractable cord. Granted, for me it's no big deal as I'm used to winding things up a lot, but my wife has been hoping for upright vacuums to have a retractable cord and this one does.

The hose is actually pretty big and according to Eureka, you get 38 ft. of cleaning reach with combined 11 ft. hose and wand and 27 ft. cord. The vacuum has 12 amps and settings for bare floor, carpet, high-carpet, etc.

I also like how the stair and upholstery brush fits right in the center and is never loose. The extensions just fight on top and I like it that way because you don't loose everything as easily when it is just attached to a hole on the side of a vacuum. So, that's another plus!

The vacuum uses a 2-stage cyclonic dust collection system that maintains suction power and uses a HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of dust and allergens plus an easy to empty canister.

The cannister is big (similar to my Dyson), keeps the dirt in and no opening for dust to escape. This is important to mention because many vacuums around this price point have canisters that are too small or they don't include a locking mechanism and dust can easily spill out and that's terrible for those who are allergic to dust. So, I'm very happy with the canister and locking mechanism for the Eureka WhirlWind Rewind.

While vacuuming, the "WhirlWind Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum" performed as expected. It sucked up a lot of dirt and pet hair and worked amazingly well!

JUDGMENT CALL:

Of the vacuums that I have reviewed around this price-point, for my first time using a Eureka product, the "WhirlWind Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum" has not only performed amazingly well, its functions, especially the retractable cord and design is a major plus. The canister is big, so one doesn't have to worry about having to dump it every 5 minutes. You are definitely getting your bang for the buck with this vacuum.

As for its claim of never losing suction, if by any chance this vacuum does within the year, you can make sure that I will do an update and lower the rating.

But for now, the "WhirlWind Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum" has become my pick for the top ranking bagless upright vacuum within the $60-$90 price range that I have reviewed in 2012.

Highly recommended!
22 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As someone with hair down to my waist and lots of it, I end up needing to vacuum quite often. My house is all rugs except for the kitchen which means it takes me an hour to do the house. So that is 1.5 hours hours of vacuuming 3 days a week. It is quite the task and needs to be done methodically. Every room including under and behind must be done! My kids have allergies so keeping the rugs clean of hair, pollen, dust and dirt is even more important for our family.

I have reviewed one other vacuum cleaner this year and when I visit family, you will find me asking to see what vacuum they use because we have never had one that really did what we needed it to do.

What I loved most:

The cord is nice and long (27 feet) which means less unplugging and replugging. Saves me quite a lot of time.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the stair accessory which looks like a little mini vacuum that you attach to the hose. So many other vacuums have nozzles but unless I am doing edging, I never really feel like I am CLEANING the rugs on the stairs.

Ahhhh (insert Angels singing) I love the retractable cord! In the past when I was done, I would grab a seat and get ready to start wrapping the cord, than it would slip off and you have to start over again or the clip comes off and you are dragging the cord to put the vacuum away. Ugh hate that! Now, I simply push a button and the cord rolls up inside. One of the best features ever.

All in all this vacuum is great for the price. It has great suction power, is fairly light weight, has great features and is easy to assemble.

My favorite so far. Will recommend this at my next Mommy group meeting.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2012
I wanted a vacuum cleaner that was easy to use, practical in functions, and was dependable. I didn't want a vacuum with a bag or something I would have to continually invest money into. My mom refused to buy a vacuum that Consumer Reports didn't rate high by brand. We currently have a Eureka Powerpack SmartVac, or something like that, and strongly suggested getting a Eureka. I researched this vacuum and figured it was exactly what I wanted.

After receiving it for a Christmas gift, I was eager to test it out. It definitely worked better than our other Eureka and was much easier to clean. After emptying the canister out, I rinsed it out with water, cleaned the filter, and let it dry over night. It was dry by the morning and ready to go again.

The assembly was easy. The set-up guide was easy to follow. All you needed was a Phillips to put it together. The attachments all had a little place to go.

The retractable cord is wonderful and fast. The suction is fantastic and the hose stretches quite a ways. Overall, completely pleased and happy to have it!
on August 9, 2013
I revised this review after a good 6 months with the vacuum. It simply fell apart - I took good care and maintenance of it and after 6 months the vacuum refuses to pick up anything but large particulate. Handles Christmas needles fine - but it clumps up and spits back out pet fur, hair, and loose fibers. I wouldn't recommend this vacuum to anyone.

My original review:

It does a good job vacuuming and the attachments are handy. However, it's performance on bare floors is lacking. Most of the debris finds it's way behind the vacuum, and none of the settings really seem to help. On carpet though, it only takes 1 or two passes to get everything. I also find myself cleaning it more than I prefer.
VINE VOICEon December 20, 2012
Package Quantity: 1|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the second Eureka vacuum I have owned. I have a Eureka Airspeed Bagless that is a decent vacuum and has held up to the test of time--that vacuum has more suction power than this Whirlwind (or just about any vacuum including my Dyson), but otherwise, the two vacuums are quite comparable. I also own (or owned) a Bissell Power Helix and it stopped functioning within several months (we do a lot of vacuuming). Both the Eurekas and (of course) the Dyson have proven much more durable.

As for the Eureka Whirlwind, here are some observations/specifics: Easy to assemble (minutes), durable (better than the similarly priced Bissell), quiet, enough suction power (but less than the Eureka Airspeed), 2-yr warranty, 12 amps of power, 14-inch cleaning path, edge cleaners, foot controlled power on/off and height adjustment (nice), Hepa filter (removal of 99.97% allergens/dust), stair & upholstery turbo brush (easy to use), nice grip and handle (adjustable for user's height), auto-rewind power cord at base of vacuum, and 4-setting heights for multi-surface cleaning.

There is very little to complain about with this vacuum and although the review shows 5-stars, I do have a minor gripe regarding the power cord (and this gripe will only matter if you are cleaning large rooms on a regular basis). The power cord is only 25-feet in length (yes, it extends to 35 ft, but only with the off hose/want attached). An extra 10-20 feet would make this vacuum darn near perfect. Also, although the cord very nicely rewinds automatically, you have to unwind it by hand before you start vacuuming (this is both good and bad--good for small rooms, but slightly aggravating for larger rooms). Still, for small spaces (less than 25 feet), you won't need to unplug the vacuum to get the entire room. Plenty of nice features and very reliable (and quiet). Definitely recommended.
on May 15, 2013
Honestly, I have never taken the time to write a review about any product, but I felt compelled to do so about this Eureka. My wife and I bought it a few weeks ago in preparation for having our first child later this summer (and wanting the carpets to be clean of dog and cat hair; we have one of each). Our old vacuum wasn't cutting it and we researched a few in our price range and settled on this one. Good decision!

I had vacuumed the baby's room with the old vacuum the night before we bought this one and closed the door so no one was in there until the following night. I took the Eureka vacuum in and vacuumed the "clean" floor again and the canister nearly filled up with pet hair and other materials. Wow! I was shocked.

I vacuumed our living room floor and pulled about three full canisters of hair out of the carpet. Our carpet was pretty worn and lousy looking in a few places, but after using this the carpet almost looks new in most spots. Even the bad spots look tremendously better. We both commented about how it looked like the room had been deep-cleaned with a steamer.

For better or worst, this thing has turned me into the husband who likes to vacuum. Kind of embarrassing, maybe, but the thing is actually fun to use and makes the house look great. The extension piece did a very good job on the stairs and probably would do well in other spots too.

The main selling point for me is just how deep this thing cleans. You can tell that it is cleaning much more deeply than other vacuums we've had. I highly recommend this thing!
on August 10, 2013
I have had Eureka vacuum last over 10 years and decided to try out this model since mine broke. I was a bit disappointed. Suction was ok on carpet but on the hardwood floors it has very little to none suction. I have 3/4 of my house hardwood floors so I was definately disappointed. I also picked up a fain burn smell. I am not sure if the belt went out on it or it was overheating. I am no expert but due to poor suction I was not going to investigate and just sent it back. This was my second Eureka vacuum that had a burn smell to it. I have never had this problem with my older model. I think the company is using cheaper material and parts and its just not worth the investment anymore. I cannot afford a Dyson so I will keep on looking at more different brands
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 29, 2014
After buying this as a second vac my $400 canister was taken to the dealer to find out why it works so poorly. It came back with a $60 bill saying it works like new so I tried it again. I cleaned a large room with the canister, quite thoroughly, and went to do it again with this vac. Just under 3 minutes later the cup needed to be emptied and I emptied it 5 more times or about enough to fill a plastic grocery bag!

This vac is unbelievable! It's just like new after 5 months of use and very easy to use, the darn power brush almost pulls it forward. All of the accessories work well and the filter is impressive.

It doesn't have the feel of an expensive vac but neither does my 10 year old Shop Vac so who knows? Honestly, if it quit after 2 years I'd just buy another because the value is about the same and the performance is superior, especially on dog hair.
on January 30, 2013
I received my vacuum about 2 weeks ago and have used it several times. Overall, I am very happy with it and would recommend it. The first time I used it I did have to empty to storage bin 2 times because of everything my old vacuum was leaving behind. I was really shocked by how dirty my carpets actually were, regardless of how often I vacuumed before.

Pros:
- Retractable Cord: So wonderful. No need to spend time re-wrapping the cord and loosening it. That was one of the main things that annoyed me about my previous vacuum. It's such a great upgrade.
- Storage Bin: I love the fact that it is clear so that it is obvious when it is time to empty it. No need to change bags. Emptying the bin is also very, very easy. There is a push button unlocking mechanism that empties the vacuumed material straight into a garbage bag. Placing it back into the vacuum is very easy as well.
- Carpet Height: I like being able to change the height of the vacuum based on where I am vacuuming. There is a setting for high carpets, low carpets and bare floor. It really helps when I need to vacuum in hallways and in the kitchen.
- No Smell! I'm not sure if your vacuum had the same issue that my old one did, but whenever I would use it there would be a vacuum smell throughout the house. This one has a HEPA filter that seems to catch any dust particles so that nothing escapes.
- Extension Hose: Very easy to set up and use for tight to reach places. The suction on the extension hose is really amazing. There is also an attachment to vacuum stairs and upholstery which I have not tried yet. It does look pretty nice with a neat brush inside, but as I said I have not used it yet so cannot comment on the functionality.

Cons:
- Weight: It is slightly heavy, although the wheels are so great that you cannot tell that there is any weight to the vacuum. My boyfriend has no problems vacuuming, and it's a great workout for me (I'm really weak, obviously if I 25lb vacuum on wheels is a workout). Not sure if I would call it a con (especially when I expected it with the stated vacuum weight), but it is still something to consider if you have a 2+ floor house/apartment and need to carry it up stairs.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this vacuum and would purchase it again.