Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on April 29, 2013
I looked at the ratings of every fountain on Amazon. No matter what price range, they all seemed to have very incongruous reviews. Any given fountain would have one rave review followed by a totally opposite one. It seemed to me that people buy these things with very different expectations. Those with realistic expectations are delighted. Those who expect an exact replica of an island waterfall or babbling brook have nothing but complaints.

This particular fountain has a very simple design. I think it looks better in person than in the photo. I don't think it has a cheap look at all. The motor is very quiet and the water can be heard softly and evenly trickling down the "steps." Nothing is splashing out onto the table underneath. If I want a little more "drama" at night, I can light the two tea candles (not included) on top.

I'm very glad I chose this particular fountain. If you think your expectations are in line with my own, then you will be glad, too. Otherwise, you may not be happy no matter how much you spend.
0Comment87 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2010
This is just what I wanted......not a lot of pieces to put together......easy to operate......only wish it was louder with the sound of the water.
22 comments51 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
After a busy day, this fountain is great for a relaxing night. We added a couple, small, river rocks on it to add to the sound, before it was hard to hear. With this added feature the fountain could not be any more perfect!! My whole family love it!!!! Enjoy!
11 comment46 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2013
If you're looking for a good indoor fountain I would highly recommend this Eternal Steps Fountain. There are three things to consider when buying a fountain. The first is does it have the look, which the Eternal Steps fountain has. It is a series of rough-cut stone steps that the water cascades down. Better, it has a little arch at the top that implies the presence of a shrine or a cave at the top of the stairs, and two pillars flanking the stairs that take your standard tea lights. So this fountain is great to look at. The second consideration is the sound. Often, indoor fountain designers create silent fountains in an effort to keep them neat. A fountain that creates sound is one that splashes. I like the sound of running water so this fountain works best when you add a few river stones for the water to trip on. On its own, it is a very quiet fountain. Lastly, without the added river stones, this fountain doesn't splash and so won't make a mess. A great indoor fountain..... almost makes a great gift for someone you truly care about.
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
This is a very attractive water fountain. Looks just like it does in the picture. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is plastic, but it seems pretty sturdy to me. There are three tips I have to offer.
1) I Installed a rotary switch, to allow me to turn the fountain on and off. I bought mne at a local hardware store for about a buck, but here is an example of what you might be able to use: http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-423-3-6A-125V-3A-125Vt-Feed-Thru/dp/B000FP8HV4/ref=sr_1_15?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1357310221&sr=1-15
2) The water has a tendency to flow only on the outside part of the lowest level. To get a more even flow down over the bottom level, start the pump, and once the water is going, simply wet the areas where you would like the water to flow by dipping your finger in the water and wetting the area you want to see the water flow.
3) Some reviewers mentioned that the water splashes on one side. To help fix this you can simply slide the fountain further back in its position on the basin. Doing so leaves a bigger gap for the water to flow down and eliminates the splashing.

Pro's:
Attractive
Well constructed
relatively inexpensive

Con's:
Pump is a little loud
Need to install a switch to better facilitate turning it on/off

All in all, I really like the product. A few simple steps can help improve the operation easily, it would just be better if it came out of the box with a switch already installed.
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
This fountain is definitely nice looking and the tea light candle holder is a nice touch. The only problem I have with this fountain is that you don't hear the water running down it. I purchased a fountain for the purpose of hearing running water but I often forget it is even on because you don't hear anything.
11 comment13 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2012
We bought this fountain to replace one that I broke when I was cleaning it. The price was the main selling point. It's not bad, looks like the picture. There was no way to turn it on/off without unplugging it, which was a pain because we put it on a dresser and didn't want to move the dresser to do this every time, so my boyfriend added a toggle switch toward the top. That definitely helped. My only other complaint is that sometimes it does splash water out of it, which ends up on my wood dresser- not good. It is a good looking fountain, and the candles (it takes tea lights) are a nice touch.
0Comment27 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2015
I wanted a fountain that makes a fountain sound, but this product was plastic and bits were falling off when I tried to set it up. There was no sound of running water just silence. I went to send it back, but the return charge was $12 to mail back. I think amazon should provide return postage when not happy with purchase.
on July 26, 2013
This is cheap. The bottom "bowl" is just plastic. The candles are not included (water not included either haha). The sound is nothing like gurgling water. It is not peaceful. There is more of a "humming" from the sound of the motor. I have tried to tilt it in order to have the water "crash" down and make a water-like sound but nothing seems to work. Oh well. Now it just sits there. I never turn it on. There is probably a colony of amoebas floating in there now.
on January 19, 2013
When I first got this fountain I was a little scared because I looked kind of bland, but as soon as i plugged it up and added some candles it was good to go. I did have to add some rocks because without them, this fountain made no water sounds..AT ALL. Took a little playing around with, but once I got them in the right place I was extremely happy. It was the perfect addition to my room, turning it into my own little sanctuary. Never slept better!!