Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 14, 2009
I ordered this cabinet because I have a relatively small bathroom and am currently trying to increase storage space--and this would fit nicely under a towel rack, and beside the sink. That said:

1.) The thing comes in a cardboard box about 36" long, 4" high, and maybe 10-12" wide... figure that rectangular prism as your package.. yes you will have to assemble; but as I've done this for numerous items I'd purchased in the past, it didn't give me cause to be very concerned.

2.) When you pull out the "pieces"... you begin to realize the task before you. The parts, with the exception of the very top piece, are all VERY flimsy pressed fiberboard (or some real CHEAP kind of wood)... and the instructions are virtually NON-existent. You have this three pages of diagrams (numbered)... showing what is the "order" to assemble... and the last page (3) consists of a list of the nearly 100 pieces you should have in the package. Problem is, some of the pieces are so small, and the drawings so pathetically DIS-proportionate... you play this guessing game as to which part is which. You have, for example at least two or three 1/2 inch wood screws, and the same for 3/4 inch... good luck trying to figure which ones to use with those diagrams because you couldn't make out the type from those tiny drawings with an electron microscope! And good luck following those lettered illustrations with tiny arrows... because there are NO written (worded) instructions--only those pitiful drawings and nothing more.

3.) The way some of the pieces are drawn (specifically the Battens) is unbelievably poor quality--they look almost NOTHING like the pieces in your package--the only way I figured out which was which... was to try to match the large dowel holes and small wood-screw holes --it was NOT easy. I would have preferred it being right-side opening too; but since the illustration depicts a left side opening, this was not a major problem.

4.) The "liquid glue" you are supposed to use for the dowels in MY package, had already hardened to a white hunk of irregular hard plastic in a vacuum sealed pack--totally un-usable. Thankfully I keep a supply of liquid wood glue that I simply used instead of the chunk of plastic that was supposed to be liquid.

5.) Finally, it actually stood about a quarter inch taller than described, and although you would have to look for it to notice it, I DID, and after final assembly somehow or other it seemed FLIMSY. I know, you get what you pay for... and THIS little item is definitely no exception. I gave it one star because after all was said and done I WAS able to put it in the bathroom and use it.. and only a very discerning eye would be able to tell the enormous complexities and frustrations I had in assembling this thing. (Took me nearly THREE HOURS to get it right, when I've put other furniture together that was MUCH more complex than this box in half the time--but I had to spend so much time trying to squint and decipher which piece was certain to be the right one, and which screws to use!

I would NOT recommend this to a friend unless they truly wanted (desperately) something for storage--and they were DARNED good at figuing out self-assembly!
44 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2010
I gave this product a 4 rating because you can get it for about $10 cheaper at another seller so investigate. I have read in other reviews that this product is made of cheap materials and is hard to put together, that the directions are difficult to make out. You do need a pair of reading glasses if you're "of advanced age", and it would be nice if they would tell you you need glue for the wooden thingys. There is some obscure drawing with little ovals to represent glue drops that might confuse someone.

Other than that, written directions would just be a waste of time and another opportunity to confuse people. I think most people lack patience and deductive logic capabilities along with organizational skills. You take your items out of the box. Look at them and check them off of the piece listing as you go. Bigger items are already labeled with a letter. Smaller screws and other thingamagigs come packaged separately in plastic bags. Take a sharpie and mark the letter that represents it on the bags as you go. If you are confused about what letter represents the screw or other mechanism, COUNT the pieces. That will allow you to identify the item because the list comes with a drawing, a letter, and count of each of the items.

Badabing! There you go! And if you think the materials are cheap, that's because you only paid 40-50 dollars for this piece of furniture. My finished product was sturdy and perfectly squared.

I'm a girl and I have put more complicated furniture together by myself. Just breathe.
on September 8, 2012
For the price this is a nice little cabinet. Assembly took approximately 1 hour and there are a lot of little pieces and parts. The hinges would have been much nicer if the screw holes had been beveled so the screw heads were flush.

The instructions are just images and for some reason they used a,b,c... for the panels and then they used a,b,c... for the hardware to connect to the panels. Had they used numbers for the hardware most of the frustration with the assembly would be alleviated. They if they had used a quality copy machine or a couple of words along with images assembly wouldn't have been an issue all at.

All things considered for $30 it was good purchase and we are glad we bought it.
review image
on November 23, 2011
The other reviewer is correct about the assembly instructions - the diagrams are very small and are often unclear. The bigger issue for me was that several of the pre-drilled pilot holes were in the wrong places, so it took a bit of extra work to get this cabinet assembled. My last complaint is that the color isn't truly white, it's more of a cream/off-white. I will say that the cabinet is a nice size and shape. I have a small bathroom, and so it provides a good amount of storage without taking up too much floor space. All in all, this is a nice little cabinet for ~$40, but be aware that it will probably take some extra effort to assemble.
on September 25, 2013
The assembly (100%) was more time-consuming than I expected, 3-4 hours, but everything went together well and it's a really fine addition to the bathroom and doesn't take up much space. With 2 adjustable shelves inside, plus the top and lower shelf you can store a lot of stuff, and use the top for magazines, newspaper or whatever suits your needs.
on October 21, 2011
Assembly is a bitch! Would have been nice to include words in the assembly instructions instead of just pictures.
Is it possible to obtain more detailed guidance in putting this product together? I'm sure it will look just fine after I spend an entire day putting it together.
on March 28, 2015
Probably no furniture one needs to assemble should get 5 stars, because from time immemorial to present, there is yet one company that has ever figured out how to provide assembly directions that are clear and precise. Here, they used a grey scale faded copy of diagrams that merely gives clues to the assembly required.

However, once the Hieroglyphics are interpreted (with some added guess 'n' go), and it is assembled, it is a nice piece to have in our small bath. Someone was crying about the wood "being flimsy" but the only place where this is true is for the back panel, which is fairly typical. This unit is light but is more than sturdy enough for any use that is will ever see, and this also makes it easier to maneuver the pieces into its well positioned slots (things line up very nicely, despite the inept instructions, once you figure out what goes where).

Once the 'flimsy' backing is in place, there are more than enough nails tacked along the back to firm it up nicely to where this piece actually adds to its overall structural integrity.

I doubt you can find a better quality bath cabinet for less than this current "$57.90 & FREE SHIPPING" cost, making this a solid value.
on December 17, 2013
So I bought this cabinet some months ago, put it together and like others said before me it took some time. I would like to note that all parts were clearly labeled, as well as the hardware pieces except of one but I figured it out eventually. I did not expect a Cadillac for the money I spent and I didn't get one; however this cabinet is nice looking and the assembly was not too hard although it took longer than I had anticipated - now compared to another cabinet I put together today by a different manufacturer, I have to say this one towers over the other one which had very poor documentation, labeling down to incorrect instructions.
So while this is not a 'great' piece of furniture, it certainly is adequate for the price I paid, fits the very small space I had and while tedious to assemble documentation was good.
on July 14, 2015
Mine just arrived, and exactly as I suspected it would, the glass door was cracked upon delivery. This is not the trucker's fault. Piss-poor packaging has become the norm these days, as companies seem to think it's better to save a dime on padding while sacrificing the entire product when it's over. I've seen this problem with many, many items the past few years and it really infuriates me. As one who has worked in process improvement for nearly 40 years, I always looked to make things better, not worse- but that seems to no longer apply these days.
I'm still waiting for a response to see if I'll repair this myself and get a discount or if I'll have to return the whole thing, but from just looking at the components it's easy for me to tell this is a nice little cabinet. Especially important was the size, as it is the perfect fit for what I need, so I really hope we can get this resolved quickly. Had the glass not been broken, I'm sure I'd be giving the cabinet 5 stars for the price paid. I've seen and assembled a ton of this kind of furniture, and this kit looks decent... but, time will tell so I'll update accordingly-
on January 22, 2013
My first order was damaged in shipment, and the seller promptly sent a replacement (great service!).

I would point all future buyers to the step where the two side panels are assembled with the front cornerposts/legs; the left one is supposed to have the magnetic clip mounting block attached during this step! (Check that tiny little inset picture carefully!) If you miss it during this step, it may be very hard to attach it later!

Other than that, the instructions did need some "reading in to", but if you've assembled a few other pieces of furniture in your time, this one isn't all that hard.

Once assembled, I found it solid, beautiful and a perfect fit and accent for a very tiny master bath with (otherwise) only a medicine cabinet for storage.

Excellent value, excellent service, but 1 star deducted as the buyer must beware of the instructions at least a bit.