Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on October 14, 2012
I needed a longer lasting battery than original 2100 mAh. After reading many forums and Amazon reviews on the subject, I purchased Seidio 3600 mAH battery + back cover above. Also purchased Hyperion 4200 mAh + larger back cover combo.
The Samsung 2100 mAh battery lasted between 10 to 14hours with mostly work related usage: phone 50%, email 25%, txt 20%, Internet 5% but NO games or movies.
Installed Seidio 3600mAh 4 days ago. After first full charge from state it was in when I received the item, I only got 13hours of battery life. Waited until battery fail to 5% battery left, let it recharge all night long until fully charged up. To my surprise, I got 29 hours of battery life on second charge. On third charge, I am already at 26 hours of battery life with 32% battery life left !!!
As far as the back cover is concerned, it is IMO the best extended battery cover out there. Great quality, looks great on GS3 and it allows a better phone grab than slim OEM cover without feeling bulky.
After reading previous Amazon review, I also had my doubts at first concerning the closing of Seidio back cover but found out very fast, the phone and cover had to be pinched harder than original cover in order to close perfectly.
From what I read, this battery needs to be completely discharge and recharged 4 to 5 times to get full battery power in the long run.
I do not think a bigger battery is really necessary. The idea is to get enough battery power to get through a heavy work day without having to look for charger in the middle of a phone conversation. For those who like to watch movies or surf the Internet intensely, a bigger battery may be what you are looking for. Will test Hyperion 4200mAh and review in coming days.
Also, and most importantly, GS3s are not made equal, some users have more apps, draining battery and running in background than others. I optimized my phone based on many reviews I read on Internet. I use my phone essentially for work related usage. So, battery test results may vary. I would like to insist on cover, being the best looking, feeling, quality out here. The Hyperion one feel very cheap.
FYI, the Hyperion 4200mAh also works with Seidio back cover. Make sure you pitch phone and cover well.
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2012
I have the Seidio bare clip holster, this extended battery, and the Proclip powered mount for my car. All need the edges of the S3 to be sized as a standard Galaxy S3. This Extended battery allows all of these devices to work together seamlessly.

I have tried the other cheaper batteries, and the size of these covers aren't as stylish, or as comfortable as the Seidio extended battery. It just fits nicely in my hand and I believe that the Seidio battery, as all of the seidio batteries that I have had, are good and reliable products.

I know the others are cheaper, but none are as stylish and interchangeable.
on February 21, 2013
The first one I got was defective but the replacement is really performing well. I unplug it at 4am in the morning at 100%. Now at 6:15pm I still have 43% and I've been watching videos, using the internet and playing games. With the battery that came with the SIII, by 3pm (same time unplugged-4am) only 10% remains.
on October 22, 2012
I bought this battery to go with my Seidio BD2-HK3SSG3XK-BK ACTIVE Extended Case, but returned this battery after testing it out.

While the battery worked fine, it is also ridiculously overpriced: $75 with NFC, or $58 without NFC. Instead, I'm using the Hyperion Samsung Galaxy SIII 4200mAh Extended Battery which is VERY well reviewed. Larger battery, and $50 cheaper. Note: The back plate for the Hyperion battery does NOT fit with the extended case previously referenced, but if you ditch the battery back-plate and add a small bit of foam it fits nicely inside with no problem.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2013
I wasn't making it through the day with the stock battery. The extended battery gives me the extra power needed to make it a complete day...6 AM to midnight. The setup does add weight to the phone but using the holster that I bought as part of the package it isn't really a problem. No issues or concerns to date. Would buy again.
on February 9, 2014
When I purchased this battery new and did the cycle of completely charging for 8 hours, I got at least 24 hours of battery life. With my use pattern, I was getting close ton 30 hours if not more when I first used the battery. After about 5 weeks of use (purchased on January 2nd), I only get about 12 hours of use. For example, today I unplugged my phone after an overnight charge to 100% at 430 AM. By 526 PM, my phone is now at 24%. This is no better than the factory Samsung battery (using a S3 purchased new in December). I will try fully discharging and recharging the phone and seeing what happens, but I think I will be forced to exchange/replace this unit as it has not performed as expected. I will update my review accordingly. I hate to leave bad feedback as most people like their extended battery (as I did initially) but I would expect this battery would perform better.

Update - Seidio replaced my defective battery after I paid for shipping of the defective battery. Works PERFECTLY and I have updated my review to 5 stars. It took a little bit of time to get my new battery (maybe about 2 weeks from the time I sent my item, or about 8 days from the time my shipping info showed that the defective battery arrived in Texas at the Seidio address). I am currently running at 1 day, 11 hours, 35 min and 45 seconds on a full charge with light use of the phone (and 26% more battery life to go!) Highly recommended product for people that need to be able to get about 24 hour life out of a single charge. A 7000 mAh battery is tempting, but I needed the convenience of a belt clip/holster for my phone, so the Seidio holster + extended battery was the way to go. Again, highly recommended.
on March 22, 2013
The battery is approximately 2/3 more battery life and allows for all day use without worrying about charging it throughout the day without being too bulky. It simply makes the Samsung Galaxy S3 a better device overall.
on March 9, 2013
Very happy:
- my phone lasts all day and evening
- with mild usage I was able to get even 30 hours before phone got dead
- with heavy usage, like messaging, what's up, facebook, 6 hours on call (phone calls with clients) - I was able to survive 12-14 hours - really good result
- case, door is really the highest quality, everything fits my phone, matches and looks awesome
- phone is still very light
- all the people around are wowed and say it is really sturdy and good design

I really recommend this set to everyone, it's not cheap but it is worth the price.
People who say it is too expensive - probably - don't care about quality and aesthetics - to me it is very important, especially when you own phone worth $600.

All in all:
This is really excellent replacement of the original battery and back cover - excellent battery life and high-end look.
on February 7, 2014
I am rare to write reviews soon after getting a product, but the first impression on this is great. The battery is the exact same size as my Q-Cell extended battery, which I like. Why? Because I like my Q-cell battery and the new cover (battery door) fits it perfectly. The battery door is snug and fits like a glove. I also bought the Seidio holster. For the first time since getting an extended battery, I can feel the vibration of an incoming call. Sweet! I called Seidio and ordered two more battery doors ($14.95) each since they don’t offer it on Amazon. I hate buying direct from vendors, since Amazon has great service. Oh well…I will cross my fingers. I’ll review the battery if I use it. For now, I am enjoying the best battery door on the market in a sleek holster. Seems like I have a new phone.
on January 1, 2014
Product comes with the battery in a snap close plastic case and an extended back cover in a little adhesive sealed plastic bag. Extended back cover replaces the original S3 back cover.

Only had the product for a day, the battery seems ok, charged up nicely from 40%, and fits tightly in the S3. When attaching the extended back cover, it would not snap into place all the way around the phone. On one side of the phone, it would just pop in and out a bit.

If I had to use the phone in this state I would not be happy. Fortunately wrapping the whole thing in a DILEX extended case makes it more secure.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse