Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 27, 2012
First time buying an automatic watch,and I am impressed. The main reason I bought it was because I wanted to witness first hand the way it worked. It is, of course, heavier than battery operated watches (excluding Rolex and other time pieces completely out of my price range) but it is remarkably beautiful and sturdy.

I don't like to be flashy, but I love being unique. This watch gives you a bit of both.

As far as I know, there are watches made that are more expensive and similar to this watch and probably better crafted. However, any watch is usually copying from another watch. There is imitation throughout the industry, with Fossil, Diesel, Citizen and others. The industry king is the Rolex of course, and not many people can really afford it.

Check out some online reviews about the watches made by Stuhrling Original and make up your own mind. I'm satisfied with the purchase and pleased with how it works. I will say that the watch does "tick", and there is no smooth "sweep" like more expensive watches. But for something of that caliber, you're gonna pay through the nose.
on December 24, 2012
The good:
This watch is gorgeous. I love the look, the colors, the band. It looks like it is really sturdy and rugged.

The bad:
It was 3 minutes fast per DAY when I got it. Now a few weeks later, it's 6 (six) minutes fast per DAY.

I really wanted to love this watch, but I can't be looking around for a clock to figure out what time it is, when I have a watch on my wrist... Gotta say I'm highly dissapointed in the accuracy of this watch. I've got a Geneve Automatic and a Heuer Automatic that are both accurate to 2 minutes per MONTH. I've even got an Invicta Automatic that is accurate to 5 minutes per MONTH. There is no excuse for this type of inaccuracy in a watch these days.

I cannot recommend this watch to anyone, unless they want it because it looks awesome (but then you're not buying a watch, you're buying an expensive bracelet).
on December 1, 2012
My son was thrilled to get this watch as a going away present. It's pictures here don't do it justice and since he is a mechanical engineering student he loves watching the movement go through its paces. But he was upset and I was most dismayed to find that the bezel appears bent or fits the casing incompletely. There would be time for an exchange through Amazon before he leaves for Afghanistan about 10 days from now except that Amazon has, of all things, discontinued carrying this particular model (labeling it currently unavailable). He's looked at others but is madly in love with this one and wanted to be wearing it as he left. A jeweler says he finds it unrepairable a this price point (which the jeweler noted was outstanding). He doesn't even want to part with it in its defective state for a refund even though he knows it won't last even the trip. This can happened with even expensive watches so we don't want to criticize Stuhrling's quality control.
on December 11, 2014
Looks good. However it was dead on arrival. Spun crown away from me around 30 times, seconds hand doesn't move, spun the crown some more, still doesn't move. Could not get the seconds hand to move. Too bad.
on April 18, 2016
Its a very nice watch. The ONLY thing wrong with this (or possibly all automatic watches) is that if you sleep like a log (like I do) and hardly move in the night, after a good sleep 8hrs, it sometimes has stopped if it didn't get enough winding from your arm movements during the day. So if you have an office job, this could likely be the case for you. You can solve this by giving it a manual wind before you go to bed. But if you are fairly active during the day with walking etc this is no problem at all as the arm movements in the day keep it running for about 10-12 hours without movement i have found.
on November 27, 2012
I am a college student who happens to love watches, so after my birthday rolled around I looked for a timepiece to purchase with my limited birthday funds. I stumbled upon this watch and saw the price, then saw the watch, then clicked buy.

I have had it for a week now and it is absolutely wonderful.

After a thorough winding upon receiving the watch, it has not stopped yet just through normal wear (that winds the watch) and winding it manually when I'm bored. It has a heavy feel which I find masculine, but if you don't like a heavy watch, then this might not be for you. The band is stainless steel and comfortable, but it is cold to put on in the morning (I live in Wisconsin). I have been stopped more than once by people who have noticed it on my wrist. They like looking at the movement, as do I. It makes for an interesting conversation starter.

The watch has withstood multiple hand-washings, as I am constantly washing my hands as a chemistry student. The second hand helps me in timing my reactions during experiments and I find it reliable.

The blue tick marks and outlines of the hands go well with just about anything (blacks, browns, whatever), but the thickness of the watch coupled with its machine-like appearance makes this watch more suitable for casual wear in my opinion. I wear it every day which is what I had intended when I purchased it, but not for formal occasions. If you want formal, Stuhrling also makes dressier watches for just a few more dollars.

Stuhrling's warrantee is easy to set up online. The packaging is beautiful, but bulky. (like the watch itself!)

All in all, 5/5 for this watch. My girlfriend loves it, my fraternity brothers love it (and frequently try to steal it from my wrist), and I love it too. A wonderfully low-priced, premium-looking timepiece that has both beautiful form and function.
on December 10, 2012
This watch looks great, works well. I enjoy watching the innards ticking about, and the winding as I move it. Others have told me it's not worth the full price, but on sale it was a great find. It's nice and heavy, I'm a 6' tall guy and it's certainly a "Man's" watch.
on November 27, 2012
Very nice watch! I got it and I was super happy it was exactly what I wanted! So I set it to the correct time and put it back in the box ( it is to be a Christmas gift in a few weeks) a few days after I did this, I pulled the watch out to show someone, and it had stopped. I totally freaked out. Then I read the instructions. The watch is meant to 'self wind' from the movement of your wrist when wearing it. But if it is just sitting there, you need to wind it. So I wound it up, and now it is ticking away keeping very good time. :)

The watch just stopped working. This has been my boyfriends 'everyday' watch since Christmas 2012 so hes been wearing for just over a year. And the timepiece has stopped working. I am sending it back to Stuhrling because they have a 2 year warranty on the timepiece. I will update further after it has been returned.
on November 30, 2012
Watch looks great and feels nice! Best part of the watch is the see through skeleton face and back. The product description does not mention that the hour and minute hand actually glows in the dark. Item was securely and quickly shipped by amazon in a huge box and was well padded.
on February 13, 2013
I am not a watch expert or enthusiast

I wanted a watch that looked nice, and at the same time inexpensive, this is what i decided to buy.

When i first got it, it wasn't working, (yes i know it's an automatic!)
Amazon exchanged it for me without any issues,

This watch looks great and is very user friendly once you learn how it works. It was very big out of the box, but it is easily adjustable with the right tools. It feels very sturdy and tells perfect time. It has never been wet so i cannot say how it performs once wet, i assume nothing will happen.

Overall, i am happy with it.