Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

on February 11, 2013
Loved the look of this watch but it was losing 45 minutes to an hour a day. It's an auto wind/manual wind so I was careful to keep it properly wound but it continually lost time. I liked the looks of the watch enough that I called Amazon for a replacement but unfortunately it was out of stock so I had to return it (Amazon customer service is terrific). This watch had 5 star looks but 0 star performance! If they had another in stock at the time I honestly liked the looks enough that I would definitely have given this watch another shot!
on November 23, 2012
great looking watch. a very good addition to my collection. very nice style, great wrist band.
very happy with it
on November 27, 2012
This watch is even nicer than the pictures. My husband loves it (it was for our anniversary). Would definitely recommend it!
on February 12, 2013
Watch looks great, so far keeps time great (however I have not kept it still for more than 48 hours, and don`t know how long a fully winded watch will keep time until it is wound again).
The leather band is stiff at first, but after two days it is properly softened and comfortable. For the price, it`s a good product based on my first month as its owner
on January 18, 2013
Ordered this for my boyfriend for Christmas and was very excited. I am a big watch fan but have never owned a Stuhrling myself. It was absolutely beautiful out of the package, but within days the movement had stopped. It would restart upon shaking, but it would constantly fall behind on telling time after that, so i returned it for a replacement hoping the first one had a bug. Amazon fulfillment sells this, so it was very easy to replace and they shipped me a new one immediately at no cost and emailed me a pre-paid return label for the defective one. However, the second watch worked for a few days before the same problem popped up. He loves the look of the watch so we decided to try it once more, and got a third replacement sent. This one barely came out of the package before the movement stopped. Such a shame for such a pretty piece (with an apparent original price of $400+ ?!). My next move will be to contact Stuhrling directly to see if they have any explanation for why I've had three strikes in a row with this watch, and if they can offer an actual fix to the issue rather than continuous defective replacements. Either way, my opinion of the quality and craftsmanship of this brand is severely tarnished and i doubt i will purchase a watch from this maker ever again.
on December 28, 2012
My father has issues with battery operated products. He has some kind of issue, as some others do to, with wearing anything that has batteries in it. Watches, walkmans, etc. all seem to drain way to fast for them. My father has over 10 watches, that for his birthday, we replace all his batteries with Lithium batteries, yet within a few months they are all dead! We even had several watches replaced, to no difference in battery performance. And yes, we tried different batteries, including non lithium.

The watch is a bit heavy, yet does not seam to be poorly made. The face and beval are a bit thick too. The leather straps are nice and sticff as new leather (or leatherlike?) material is. The swing arm to "wind" the clock appears to move freely and with just a bit of movement (winding) the watch was working.

I will see if I can post an update, to see how this watch stands the test of time. I believe my father will wear it, as my mom told me he was showing it off like crazy to the rest of the family.
on December 20, 2012
My husband owns a Sturhrling watch but it is the kind that the mechanism works by the movement of your arm. But it doesn't keep time and he has had to return it once to have it fixed and he's getting ready to return it a 2nd time. I bought this 2nd watch which was beautiful and unique, then I returned it when I realized the mechanism is the same even though it said automatic movement.

The watch just isn't practical when it doesn't keep time well. But having said that I found a battery operated one by the same brand and purchased that instead as a gift. We'll see how that one performs.
on December 29, 2012
I kept the watch for about 2 weeks, and then returned it.

The watch simply didn't work. I wound it a little, and then started wearing it. It would keep time for about 4 hours, but then die. I then wound it again, wear it and then it would die after 3 hours. I tried again, and again, and then I finally returned it.

I give it 2 stars instead of 1 star since it does look really cool!

Worst purchase even!
on December 27, 2012
I am very pleased with this watch so far and with its automatic design that displays a window into the construction of miniature gears and cogs that I am continually fascinated by and proud to wear something that is not digital. I am hoping it will prove to last a great many years, if not a decade. I will update my review if I encounter any problems (crossing my fingers).
on January 9, 2013
I bought as a gift for my boyfriend, and although USPS said the package was delivered, the package never showed up. I let Amazon know, and they replaced for me, at no extra charge. Amazon is a great company with great products. When we finally received the product, it is a beautiful, well made piece that he liked very much and wears all the time.