Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Call Me Maybe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 6, 2012
You know those songs you hear that just seem to follow you? They play it at weddings and in the library. It's played in the dining hall and it's your roommate's girlfriend's ringtone.

and you hate it. You want to scratch your ears out. But then you start to sing along with it, catch yourself and scowl. Then, you secretly buy it and listen to it when no one's in the room and memorize the lyrics, singing it in the shower loudly, and getting caught by your dog who stares at you with condescending eyes?

yeah. That's where I am with this song.
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2013
So, sometimes in life you end up purchasing things for other people in your home - this song was one of those purchases. Not exactly my type of music, but someone (points at the female member of the family) can't get enough of this type of music and other dance like songs - so I'll review it based off my thoughts and hers.

The beat of the music is actually very fun and energetic. Honestly, anything that can keep you moving and enjoying yourself while out on the dance floor or cleaning the house has got my vote. And while I don't know much about Carly Rae Jepsen, she has a very nice voice in this song. Too many music artists these days try to disguise their voices with weird synthesizers, but Ms Jepsen has a very sweet and unique song to her, when combined with the fast paced beat, really seems to work.

Which leads me to the message in the song "here's my number, so call me maybe..." What a fun song to play at a night club. Girls and guys go through a constant battle of getting, giving, and asking for numbers in hopes of finding Mr/Ms Right (or at least Right Now). I can only imagine that plenty of evenings were spent wondering if that guy you gave your number to would ever call - and this song kind of says it all - "so call me maybe..." Not too desperate, not too clingy, not too worried if the person every calls or not. Seems like a nice girl and one that would likely warrant a call back (but remember boys, not right away, so you don't scare them off either).

Overall - a fun song, with catchy lyrics (and a bit of sage advice), a good beat, and sweat vocals. Give the sample a spin and see if it does it for you too.
"Call Me Maybe" is an incredible song by Carly Rae Jepsen, Tavish Crowe and Josh Ramsay. And wow, how this song gets the royal treatment when Carly sings it! She does this with lots of energy and just one listen proves it! The music fits in perfectly with those clever lyrics, too; Carly never skips a beat and this upbeat tune just couldn't have been done any better.

Carly sings about a young woman who is instantly smitten with a guy, so much so that she gives him her number and hopes that he'll call her for a date. This is a theme many people can relate to which makes "Call Me Maybe" an even better song. This is also great music to get people up and dancing on the dance floor.

Carly Rae Jepsen amazes me with her excellent performance of this song. I highly recommend it!
on October 8, 2013
I love this song. Although I didn't like the lyrics related to being willing to sell her soul for contact with a boy (How stupid is that?), in general I love this song and the high-vibe way that I feel after listening to it. Think #happy #inspired and #energized. If you love the sample, you will love this. PS. It is nice to listen to music on the Amazon Cloud, too. Happy listening~*
on January 12, 2013
This song showed up recently in the repertoire of several of the spin instructors in the classes I attend. At first hearing it sounded like most of the other innocuous tunes they play, but after several hearings I noticed a hint of serendipity in the lyrics, and I've grown to like it, so I added it to my collection (very brief) of favorite spin songs. If you're looking for something a bit out of the ordinary in today's pop music, you might find this one interesting.
on May 29, 2013
I first seen the video and it made me laugh. But I also liked the song so I bought it.
It has an up beat and makes you want to sing along.
This was the first song I have ever heard by Carly Rae Jepsen so I went on youtube and listened to other songs she sings. I then went to Amazon and bought more songs by her.
on May 8, 2013
Of course, tastes vary - but, in my opinion, this is a lively, well-orchestrated song that falls in the "feel good" music category. The mix of orchestral music is superb and, of course, the tempo and voice inflections are very good. I'd only hope that she does not turn out to be a 'one hit wonder' - as she has a lot of potential.
on January 12, 2013
This was the #50 song in Rolling stone magazines list of the 50 best songs of 2012.but interestingly enough made #1 on Amazons' customers favorites list of the 100 best songs of 2012 probably because it was the most downloaded and streamed song of the year.good pop tune.
on May 14, 2013
This is a terrific song, and the lines:
Before you came into my life,
I missed you so bad,
And you should know that.
transform it from a catchy and enjoyable song into a remarkable song. The lovely U.S. Olympic swim team video set to the song is frosting on the cake.
on June 11, 2013
Everyone knows this song, right? Seems every Karaoke bar in the world has it on their top 10. It's a fun song, is easy to jam to, and great for practicing your improv skills on a guitar. There are enough gaps in it just begging for an arpeggio or scale run. The chord structure is simple enough to figure out, even using open chords.

An amp with an aux in and your MP3 player, and you're set! Be creative!