Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slow Cooking Done Right (Easy Slow Cooker Meals Book 1)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 23, 2012
I've read several of Sara's cooking and baking related books and they are all exceptionally well done, as is this one. I was impressed by how she sequenced each recipe's ingredients and instructions in a way that would enable a user to actually use the book while preparing a meal. I also like how she organized the recipes into three main categories; Chicken - Beef - Pork, which also makes the book easier to use. If you are interested in learning more about "slow cooking" you'll enjoy this book. Highly Recommended!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 22, 2012
The slow cooker is your best friend in the kitchen, especially when you are a working parent. When I was a working mom, I was always happy to come home to a slow cooked meal as there was little to do but set the table. Also, slow cooking helps tenderize tough cuts of meat while allowing flavors to blend.

Author Sara Winlet has compiled a well-rounded selection of slow cooker recipes that should help prepare many tasting meals ready-to-be served when you arrive home from work after a long day at the job.

Some of the recipes you will find in her cookbook, Working Mom Easy Slow Cooker Meals, include:

Cheesy Chicken
Apple Pork Roast
French Dip Sandwich
Easy Pot Roast

There is an active table of contents making navigation easy.

Recommend.
on July 8, 2014
Great, easy to do recipes. Wait till you see what could be for dinner tomorrow night. Yum Yum. Chicken Parmesan easy 10 minutes to the crock pot and 15min. To get noodles cooked and dinner is ready. Roast beef enough to make 3 meals can finish out the work week meals. Sunday lunch or dinner no problem for you and your crock pot. You'll enjoy these family friendly meals. Only cooking for 1 or 2 no problem freeze the left overs.
on September 13, 2012
This is my kind of cook book because meatloaf (all from scratch) is the only dinner that I make. And, truthfully, I'd much rather somebody else do the cooking. The author assures you that these recipes are perfect for the mom who works all day and shouldn't have to come home and cook a meal. For those of us moms who work from home, we shouldn't have to cook dinner either! There are 25 recipes with helpful hints about how to choose the right kind of ingredients. I can't wait to try the Bayou Chicken Pasta!
on August 23, 2014
Gee, I don't understand the 2 star reviews here...maybe these folks had a slow cooker that didn't heat evenly. I had that problem after my 20 year old slow cooker died...bought a new one, and every recipe I tried SUCKED big time. Got a Caliphon for Christmas...voilà! No more ruined meals. Sorry for them and...every meal I tried so far has been terrific. Can't wait to make the Easy Chicken &Dumplings for my Granddaughter (it's her fav at Cracker Barrel). So I wouldn't let the couple of low reviews stop me from getting Sara's GREAT collection of slow cooker meals. Look at the other reviews, and you'll see most of them agree with me. I think I'm trying the Chicken Cordon Blue for Sunday dinner. ENJOY!
on December 17, 2015
Slow Cooking Done Right (Easy Slow Cooker Meals Book 1)
Each recipe comes with list of ingredients, detailed instructions on how to make, nice color photo and no nutritional information.
Not all the ingredients are healthy ones, you may be able to substitute.
on February 14, 2013
Not much makes my husband happier than to smell dinner cooking when he arrives home after a long day. Slow cooker meals accomplish that while also allowing us to get the dinner process over with early enough to spend a little family time before the kids' bedtime routine.
I'm really looking forward to trying some new and interesting flavors in the recipes Sara has come up with here. Especially the Thai Chicken with Peanuts and the Root Beer Pork. The Bonus Pot Roast Casserole also caught my eye since I'm always at a loss for pot roast leftover ideas!
The fact that I have most of the ingredients listed as staple items in my pantry will make this a handy reference for me. (It's always frustrating when I want to try a new recipe only to discover that a trip to the store is required to purchase missing ingredients!)
The only suggestion for the author is that she include number of serving information for the roast type recipes.
on December 27, 2013
I have qualms about cooking frozen chicken in a crock pot. The first recipe or so called for it. I kept reading anyway and am glad I did. The recipes began to call for frozen OR fresh chicken. .Always looking for easy, few ingredient, slow cooker recipes to try. I book marked almost this entire book to try.
on February 21, 2014
Simple and tasty-looking recipes!! I love collecting slow cooker recipes and I already have more than I'll use in 5 lifetimes, but i just couldn't pass another one up, lol! I can't wait to try the Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs!! I would definitely recommend this cookbook!
on July 10, 2014
Nothing new here, more recipes using cans of soup. Anyone who has a slow cooker knows how to do this. Some recipes use more than one can of soup. I'm disappointed, there's nothing 'done right' about these recipes. I sent this back, there are many, many better slow cooker cookbooks on Amazon.