Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on December 4, 2012
I give this coat a 5 star rating. I chose this coat since part of my commute requires me to walk. When it is raining, the coat keeps me wonderfully dry since it is long. It goes well below my knees. The hood, when tied, stays on even in strong wind. It is also nice and warm and not bulky. It not only zips but also snaps all the way down to the bottom thus keeping me extra dry. The sleeves have cuffs on the inside so the elements do not go up the sleeves. I am glad that I went up a size since it does seem to run a little small. I would recommend this coat to anyone who wants to stay warm and dry.
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2013
I ordered the BDSD down coat with some trepidation as I am not familiar with this brand and there was no brand-specific size chart provided. I am typically a size 6 at most stores and ordered a small. The fit is perfect. What I like most about the fit is that it comes in a just a bit at the waist to provide a more contoured and feminine shape. Some down coats are so bulky and "blocky" looking so this is a nice feature. I feel I have enough room but if you do plan to wear a couple of layers of bulky sweaters you may want to consider sizing up because the waist does nip in some. The fur on the hood is definitely faux (important to me).

I've worn the coat three times in 25'ish degree weather and have been plenty warm with just a light sweather underneath. The only reason I knocked one star off the rating is that I find the snaps slightly annoying. They are a little bit stiff to un-snap when removing the jacket. Again this is a minor complaint. Overall I highly recommend this coat.
on January 14, 2013
The snaps began to fall off the coat after two weeks of light wear, and could not be repaired at all. The zipper was hard to zip as well. The coat is warm, and the long length is great. The sizes run small, and the faux fur around the hood is not removable. I'm returning the coat because of the snaps and will not replace it with the same.
on January 18, 2013
I've been wearing this coat for a couple of months now and am very happy with it. My commute includes a couple of miles of walking in Chicago each day. Although the Chicago winter has been fairly mild this year, there have been a few days of frigid cold and wind, as well some days of freezing rain,, and I've been warm and dry every day.. I normally wear a size petite-medium, but I hate coats that are at all tight, so I ordered a large. The fit is great, and it does not look overly large or bulky on me. It is long, which I had expected as I am only 5'1", but as I wear skirts or dresses every day I actually appreciate the warmth of the longer length (just below mid-calf on me, and still well above my ankle -- walking, even without unzipping the side zippers, is not at all constrained)

My only complaint with the coat is the main zipper. It's tricky to get it fully engaged at the bottom; once you do, it zips easily, but it usually takes me a little maneuvering to engage the two sides so that the zipper doesn't separate up from the bottom when zipped. This is a fairly minor issue for me as I'm pleased with the fit, style, and warmth, but it does keep the coat from being a 5-star purchase.
on November 30, 2012
It is really nice coat , not to long and not to short .I'm 5.2, 125 Lb and and size 10 .I ordered size L and it is perfect. I really recommend it.
on January 16, 2013
The Coat is beautiful and warm but It take me about 5 to 10 minutes to get the zipper lined up. sometimes I just give up and use the snaps instead.
on November 22, 2015
I'm 5'6' and 150 lbs, very busty, and I ordered a large based on other customer reviews that it ran a little small. The large was way too big for me, with loads of extra space in the front and back even with a thick wool sweater underneath. It made me look way bigger than I am and I am returning it for a medium. I would warn against sizing up as others suggested, I think it probably fits truer to size than I was lead to believe. Besides that, I am so disappointed to return it because it's very nice quality. The material is nice and matte, the pockets are lined, and the sleeves end in an elastic band to block out cold. the part of the hood that has fur on it is also padded with is nice and keeps it secure when worn up. It was slightly longer than I expected, falling at about mid-calf rather than just below the knee. Obviously wasn't able to wear it out in the Chicago winter yet, but I'm excited to do so when I get a smaller size.
on November 12, 2013
I am 5' 7" and was looking for a coat long enough to cover my knees but not so long as to cover my ankles. After a long search, I found this lovely coat, which is just what I wanted. I like the patterns formed by the stiching, the faux fur trimmed hood, the high collar that will keep my neck warm, and delivery was fast. The zipper works fine but, as some reviewers noted, the snaps are difficult to separate, so pulling hard could create some damage which, however, would not show from the outside. In spite of this small inconvenience, I am very happy with my purchase.
on November 11, 2015
Very beautiful coat with a feminine silhouette. Fits like a glove with room for mid-layer. It's very light weight and the fabric is reasonably soft. The length is perfect both for sleeves and the hem line. The hood is slightly big but can be cinched. It's not very deep but still a good size. The faux fur trim is soft and pretty, although the black fur really brings out the silver in my gray hair. Just tried it in 30 degree weather and it seems plenty warm.

The reasons I am taking off a star is because (1) the zippers suck. First the main zipper stuck and took me a good 5 minutes to take it apart. A few days later one of the pocket zipper also stuck. The zipper teeth are very small so it can be problematic from time to time. The main zipper is also very short. To keep your legs warm you need to use the snap buttons all the way down as well. (2) There are only 2 hand pockets, although they are zippered and deep enough and lined with fleecy material. There are no internal pockets of any kind. No chest pockets. If you carry a purse anyway this won't matter, but if you like to stuff things in your pockets you may not like it. I personally love and need pockets. So this is a "con" for me.
on September 25, 2014
After reading the reviews, I first opted to get the extra large size since so many people had said to get a size or two above one's normal size. Well, this turned out to be untrue for me. The extra large was huge on me, and obviously two sizes too large. So, I returned it and ordered the appropriate size, a medium... and it fits perfectly. It seems to be good quality, hugs me in all the right places, and I think the buttons and zippers are attractive. I haven't had any trouble with them yet (others have said there's some difficulty), but it's not winter yet so haven't had a chance to really try it out. The coat got warm fast when I put it on though, and it's just as long as I hoped it would be. I'm actually looking forward to the long, cold winter ahead because I'm prepared!