Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on December 19, 2012
This is a neat game. It is different than the first one. There are hidden places you have open to find objects. Its not all finding hidden objects. There are match games too. Plus there are different ways to find objects in this. Its not quite as repetitive as the first game. Plus the characters have voices in this. Pay attention to what they say, because they give directions sometimes.
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2013
It was okay as a find the object game. The dialogue is long-winded with annoying voice acting. I largely skipped over those parts. It can be very fussy about where items are placed. It is extremely annoying when I would put an object in the correct place only to not have it work. I ended up resorting to a walkthrough which showed that I was placing items correctly. The game required up to a dozen tries to get an object to work. I'm extremely glad I didn't pay for this but annoyed that I wasted time playing it.
on December 30, 2012
This game would really be good if it did not have so many bugs in it. I have had to restart several levels do to techinal problems. I am trying to get through level 21 for the fourth time but the last symbal will not stick to the scroll. The other annoying thing is that you can not save your work and have to start the level all over again. The walkthrough is useless if the game will not do what it shows you what to do. Lots of running back and forth. I doubt that I will work on this game any more. Good graphics and story line but if the game does not work well it is just frustrating.
on November 28, 2012
I actually enjoyed the game when the talking ended and I could actually play. Fun little interactive problems to solve. Not too hard as to be frustrating but not so easy as to be boring. I usually enjoy a story laden adventure but for some reason these " Magicians" like to chat. I know you can click it faster but then you miss the gist. When 3 is pleanty why use 10..... nuff said? Also it might just be a glitch for me but even when it says my progress is saved and I can restart the game from that chapter, I inevitably have to start all the way from the start!!! Has Nevosoft never heard of auto save? Just a suggestion.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 18, 2013
This Magic Academy is more difficult than the first one. The characters talk a lot and OUT LOUD this time, so that is very annoying. The objects are much harder to find, they added all kinds of tasks within each chapter and tried to make this more of an adventure mystery game.

I think this game was OK, at times it was a little frustrating to figure out the right order of what to do and what goes where, but there are hints and I managed to complete every chapter. It played well on kindle fire with no glitches or problems placing objects. I finished in about 3 hours. Suitable for all ages.
on August 3, 2013
Decent game. Targeting is a bit iffy at times. Sometimes requiring numerous attempts to get the click to register properly. Has been at least slightly amusing and engaging.
on August 19, 2014
Really neat graphics. Love it. I used to have it last year but i accidentally got rid of it and lost all of my progress. I think i was at the end of the game. Recommend this game to anyone that loves questing games!

-MonsterBasher9
(Icestar)
Hint: do amazon gamecircle. You can get badges and stuff.
on August 17, 2013
Amazing fix-it girl Irene arrives looking to become a junior member of the magic council or whatever it is. Along the way she becomes involved with a lame-o plot involving her sister Annie and some intrigue. Fabulous graphics are interspersed with puzzles of varying degrees of difficulty. Some are possible to be solved by a grade-schooler, some are rather fiendish as you first have to figure out what exactly is wanted.

If the plotting portion wasn't from some sort of teenage girl's romantic magical fantasy I might have rated this game higher.

But try it, you might like it.
on November 15, 2013
Although Magic Academy 2 features some nice puzzles and offers good value for the money in terms of the number of puzzles you get, this hidden object/adventure game is more annoying than enjoyable.

The game has 23 levels each with two to five puzzles. Most of the puzzles are either hidden object or combining object puzzles, although there are a few oddball ones. Unfortunately, you can only save a game at the end of each levels, so unless you have the time to play a chapter all the way through, you wind up starting over.

The biggest problem the game has is its overall story, featuring your character, a novice magician, on a quest to find a missing spell book and prevent something bad from happening. In each level, you meet a different character (usually a more senior magician) who assigns the tasks that must be completed. The characters appear in the middle of the screen and talk for a long time without saying anything interesting (they resemble Jib Jab cartoon characters). Soon, you will probably lose complete track (as I did) of the overlying story line and just be in a hurry to have them shut up so you can begin play.

The game does offer an unlimited number of hints for the puzzles (there's a time delay for how often you can get a hint), but it also has some troublesome glitches. One of these is that when you combine objects, you can't just move one object on top of the other. Instead, there's a stagger, so the object has to be placed someplace nearby, resulting in a lot of guesswork before you can proceed.

I downloaded this game as a FAOTD over the summer and finally finished it, so that will tell you something about the level of interest the game has. You do get plenty of puzzles for the money (if you pay for it), but you probably won't enjoy the game play very much.
on September 12, 2013
I'm a fan of hidden object games, but I didn't enjoy this game much. I'm glad I got it for free, and wouldn't have considered paying for it. There are much better HOG's, such as Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart (Full) which I previously bought (although unfortunately that stopped working when I upgraded my Nexus 7 to Android 4.3).

The game basically works like this: You get a scene with a character, have a pretty long and boring conversation in which they ask you to find stuff in the scene, and then more stuff, and then more stuff, and then some more stuff. Then the chapter ends, and you move to the next one. The conversations are made of flashing lines of text, which pass by at their own speed, and you can skip them, but can't pause them.

The game doesn't save except at the end of the chapter, so if you want to stop the battery hungry game at other times, bad luck, you'll have to repeat what you've done.

Graphics are decent, although they're designed with a 4:3 aspect ratio, so they look stretched by default but you can turn 'full screen' off and see them letterboxed.

Short of it is, I uninstalled it after playing two or three chapters. Still a little better than Pirate Adventures: hidden object game I think (though that may be because I got Magic Academy 2 first so wasn't as tired of the format), but pretty bad compared to many other HOG's.