Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$9.99

on November 27, 2012
I started reading this book with a bit of sceptisism, but it didn't take long for it to start making perfect sense to me. I, for one, never did believe in the 12/21/2012 "end of the world" thing. I rather chose to believe, as indicated in this book, that the shift would be a spiritual one. I can only continue to hope that the whole world will shift into a kinder, gentler time and way of communicating and interacting with one another. As for the visits from exterrestrial beings? Come on...they've been coming here since this world became populated. How else could mankind make those huge leaps in knowledge at the times we did? We had help..of course.
on November 24, 2012
Even though it went from one situation to another seemingly unrelated one, the book is so captivating and interesting that I felt I could not read it fast enough. -- I wanted to find out all that was in the book. It is loaded with useful information from people, so one can check out their websites. His personal experiences are written with such grace. At times I laughed, at times I cried. I totally relate to this information. A lot of thought and work helped make this book a winner.
on December 9, 2012
I really liked this; from the beginning I got involved with Paul's story about his experience as a television producer and working with psychics to bring programmes to viewers. It goes deeply into the Mayan culture and to quote "present day Mayan elders suggest that all this end-of-the-world talk is the creation of Western cultures, and not something their forefathers were even trying to predict"
Alongside dissecting the Mayan people and the prophecies comes with it Paul Shavelson's very personal story, hence my heading of two books in one. I didn't find this disjointed but thoroughly engaging. He put his heart on his sleeve and opened up deeply personal experiences that were happening as he was writing and researching this book. A very different book. It cannot be read I feel without the reader being personally effected.
on December 20, 2012
I'm glad I read this book. it guelled my fears, and made sense, all at the same time...only thing I didn't care for was the one interviewe describing his early sex life...that could have been omitted, as it certainly, IMHOm didn't 'add' to the book. Other wise is was a good read
on November 21, 2012
I loved this book because it offers many different perspectives, with the common ground of hope and positivity. In short--Shift happens! We can move things in the right direction through spiritual awareness.
on January 30, 2013
I've actually only read about 60% of the book due to time restraints. It is a page turner and absolutely fasinating. The author has gotten opinions from world reknown people in various fields of expertise (astrology, mayan history, metaphysics, psychics, etc.) for well rounded input about what is actually taking place as our world shifts from male to female energy. I highly recommend it to folks that want to know more and trying to seek their own spiritual path. The book explains the shift in terms the average person can understand regardless of what level you are at - just beginning your path or are somewhere in the middle or end. If you are searching for answers as to why there have been so many disasters world wide in recent years and can sense things are changing (more violence, etc.), this book will explain why all these events are taking place. Highly recommend it. I bought this book because John Edward highly recommended it and I'm so glad I took the step to do it. I hesitated originally due to it only being available on Kindle and I thought I'd still preferred a book in hand. Having taken the step to read my first book on my Smartphone, I have to say I absolutely loved it as I can continue reading whenever a few spare minutes in my day appear. Highly recommended. Cannot praise this book enough.
on December 30, 2012
For someone who is experienced in media, I would have thought this book would have been better. It jumped around, was full of superfulous stuff and did not answer the question evoked by the title. Sorry.
on November 10, 2012
This book is a thoughtful timely discussion of all the hype about an end coming weaved with a raw personal taste of love & loss. I am grateful Paul was able to be open and true to the experience of both all the experts about new age and Mayan prophecies as well as a rare look inside a fight for life and acknowledgement of love everlasting! I know for sure that Re Becca sings on, thank you for sharing her, your love and the hope of love eternal!!
on November 20, 2012
I just started reading Beyond the Mayan Prophecy last night and I couldn't put it down! At first I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get the e-book as I didn't have a kindle but it was easy to download a free version online and then I was set. As I said, I just started reading last night but I couldn't put it down and found myself trying to stay awake so I could keep going. In particular, I found the chapter on numerology fascinating. I study astrology so I am aware of the astrological significance of this time in history but I wasn't clued into the symbolism of the numbers involved. It makes a lot of sense to me. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting back into the book tonight for the next few chapters...
on May 5, 2013
I can't tell you why I picked up this book as the whole Mayan controversy has died down by now but I can tell you that I don't regret buying this book. Beyond the Mayan Prophesy is an unexpected reading experience that provides a holistic insight that goes way beyond doomsday prophesies. I would highly recommend reading this book. It provides the expected graphic & gory details of human sacrifice and human head soccer balls coupled with interesting insights from various experts that will make you reassess pre-existing beliefs. Most of all, this book takes you on a gut wrenching journey of loss & re-birth. Word to the wise: not to be read on your train ride to work. I was bawling my eyes out, trying very hard not to give in to loud sobbing noises. Thank you, Paul for sharing this intensely personal journey with the world. I know from personal experience how cathartic writing can be and my prayer for you and your loved ones is healing & an easing of the pain that loss inevitably brings.