Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 25, 2012
After playing Where Fairies Dwell and Where Ghosts Dwell, I was expecting a rather whimsical version of vampires in this game. Instead I got vampires with a very Lost Boys feel (and maybe a touch of steampunk). Not what I expected, but it works, and it works well!

I found this game a little easier than Where Ghosts Dwell, although that may be more about the random objects I got on each level. Because of the more real-world feel, I had a lot of fun making up stories about why the vampire girl with the ripped lace stockings was holding a lollipop, or why the vampire guy lounging against the wall seemed so interested in a peacock. For those reasons, I think this is still an excellent game for children even though the feel is a bit less whimsical. (Okay, children and people like me with a short attention span and the habit of making up stories about vampires and lollipops.)

Oh, one word of warning: when the game says porcupine, it means hedgehog.

At any rate, much recommended!
on November 5, 2012
I thought this would have a story line, like most of the other (far far better) hidden object games. there is zero plot; just an image with WAY too easy to find items with a weird goth picture in the middle. Its generally dull; save your money.
I love "hidden object" games, and I've played a lot of them on my Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD. I played "Where Vampires Dwell" on my Kindle Fire HD. "Where Vampires Dwell" is one of the few hidden object games that I would recommend for all ages from kindergarten to adult. Younger kids will love playing in the simplest mode - Nice and Casual - which is untimed, and they can match the hidden objects by their pictures; also there are no penalties for guessing wrong, and there are unlimited hints. Anyone who want to raise the bar can play the High Score mode or Challenge mode, where a timer bar is running, hints are very limited (6 per game), and you get penalized for blindly stabbing away at the screen. They can also match objects by words or silhouettes, which are more difficult than matching pictures.

Finding the lists of hidden objects can be challenging, but it's not terribly difficult. Many of the hidden objects are relatively easy to spot, but there are always some that are either small, or they're partially hidden, or they're located near the edges. Also, some objects are camouflaged into the background, and these can be tough to find. (Hint: some areas of some screens are fairly dark, making it difficult to find objects; manually adjusting the screen brightness can make it easier.) The graphics are very good, especially the photo-realistic vampires in each scene (they're a little creepy, but I doubt if they would be too scary for kids.

I played all three modes, but I preferred the Nice and Casual mode, with no time limit or penalties. In this mode, I completed all levels for the maximum score of 6,750. One caution if you play either of the timed modes: If the timer bar runs out, you have to return to the first screen and start over. If you need to take a break, press the Pause button first, and the timer will stop until you resume the game. With 15 screens (9 hidden objects on each screen), it's not a long game, but with so many combinations of playing modes and object identification modes, the game has a lot of replay value. Also, every time you replay a screen, the object list changes, so no two games are ever alike.
on December 31, 2012
If you like vampires and looking at where they dwell this is for you. It is a decent hidden objects game too. It was not my favorite but it was not discouraging like some of the Hidden Objects games can be; because they are too difficult and do not offer clues.
on December 23, 2012
I love this game! I start playing and I can't stop, it's challenging and fun to see the different scenes and look for the different items. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes to search for things.
on December 19, 2012
If one likes hidden object games like I do, then this is something one would like, but it is as simple as they come. No story no other puzzles and no vampires, (although it does have a bit of a Gothic appeal to it.)
on November 19, 2012
I love hidden object games. I have come to appreciate these games from this designer as the standards of the field. I really don't care for the type of hidden object games that has a "story" line. Just want to find stuff.
on March 11, 2013
This and several other of the hidden object games are not good. The actual picture is very dark and you can't see the hidden objects to even see the shape of them. All of the ones I got are very dark. So another waste of money.
on October 25, 2012
I LOVE this one. It all fits together so nicely. The nicely posed vampires, spooky ghost sound when you pass a level and the music. It makes for a very pleasant experience across lots of different play options.
on October 30, 2012
If you're going to buy this game I hope it's for a child. I finished the entire game in less than five minutes on the hardest setting. If you're looking for a more challenging hidden picture game look elsewhere.