Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: God's Lions - The Dark Ruin
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on November 9, 2012
This is the latest from John Lyman. I eagerly await each new offering. His skills as a master story teller continue to bloom. I often read in front of my computer and look up details from the text. His research is excellent and his tying of the Cathar religion and Montsegur burning of Cathars got my love of history kindled in a new direction. I love a novel that is wrapped around actual events and places. In this book John opens the door wide for many more stories to come. I plan to read them all. My only regret is that I would like to see him charge more for his work. He is worth the money and it would allow him to write more. Tell your friends, they will not be disappointed.
Bud Kiebler
Franktown, CO
on October 31, 2012
I am a huge fan of this series! For me, each one builds upon the other beautifully while still adding a new and exciting plot. I have been waiting for the third installment of the series for months and was hugely satisfied after downloading and reading "The Dark Ruin" the same day! I found myself totally caught up in the book right up until it was time to take my daughter out trick-or-treating. For fans of this series and the religious thriller genre you're in for a thrilling, intelligently crafted novel!
on November 23, 2012
Absolutely loved this 3rd book! Sometimes a book in a series doesn't live up to the last one, but all three books have been wonderful. I would definitely read these books in order to fully understand and fall in love with the continuing characters and stories. So very well written and now cannot wait for Mr. Lyman's next book in this series. God's Lions has taken me on such a spiritual, historical, terrifying, beautiful ride and I am looking forward to book #4. Thank you, John Lyman, you are truly brilliant!
on August 23, 2013
I stumbled onto this series via Kindle and I am so glad. What a wonderful author. This book series is well written, suspenseful, and has everything in it anyone could ever want! There are spies, good vs. evil, really bad villains, really good good guys, romance, strategy, world travel, history, warriors ready to give up their lives for a good cause, secret locations and hiding places, plus I am a Catholic and it's nice to have Catholics portrayed in a good light for a change. I don't know of anyone who couldn't find something they like about these books! For me it's like they were written especially for me. I read all three books in less than 2 weeks. I couldn't put them down and HAD to know what happens. I can't wait for the next book. Thank you John Lyman!!!! You have a new major fan.
on August 28, 2013
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! The science was just right. The military aspects were laid out in glorious detail. Most importantly it firmly established that there are evil forces in this world that would dominate all of us if it wasn't for the courage of a few good people. While that should be a no brain(we), as this book so eloquently points out, perhaps we've become just a tad to.materialistic which is the first step towards the outcomes postulated in this book.
on August 17, 2015
I just finished this book I am still shaking my head at the twists and turns the story has taken.

It is masterfully written by an author familiar with the workings of Special Operations military personnel. He is also familiar with the inner workings of the Catholic Church.

While that doesn't seem like a good match, the author skillfully weaves the two together to fill the pages with excitement and intrigue.
on July 21, 2013
This "fiction" reads as a prophesy of how close we are to end times. The author captures our imagination and makes us believe that we could very well be living with the antichrist who has yet to reveal himself. The story is completely believable, riveting, frightening. I could not put the book down.
on September 2, 2013
All three of the books in John Lyman's series (God's Lions) have been entertaining. He had done a fabulous job with the character development of each member of the Bible Code team and the storyline around the encrypted code in the Bible. I have thoroughly enjoyed the story line regarding the changes to the Catholic Church, the love interest of a priest who became a cardinal and the continuing story of God's plan, the Antichrist and how the code in the Bible sheds light as events unfold.

I anxiously wait for God's Lion - Realm of Evil to be released.

...Richard
on July 1, 2013
I just finished the third book of the Gods Lions. I hope there will be a fourth. Buy this trilogy, you will be drawn into a story you will find very hard to put down and looking forward to the next book.
on July 18, 2015
Awesome story line. The whole set is great. I just have a couple problems with the characters. The priests and Christians seem to lean toward being alcoholics and almost chain smokers. They also used curse words freely. Other than that, I enjoyed the books.