Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on November 2, 2012
I really enjoyed this story. The chemistry flew off the pages. I'm such a sucker for love stories where childhood nemesis are put together. Sparks always fly and it ends up being hilarious for both parties. h

I loved Ewans character. He was rakish but still super redeemable and loveable. He had such a fun way with words, and totally tripped the heroine up all the time. I don't want to give too much of the story away, but even though it was shorter, it was still just as enjoyable as a longer novel. It's always such a pleasant surprise when I read an author who gets "humor" in dialogue, and Miss Vayden did exactly that!

I also enjoyed the perspective the story was written in. All in all it was a very refreshing read! I hope to read more from this author very soon! Well done Miss Vayden!
on November 2, 2012
There's is nothing like a sweet romance, and this is a good one. It isn't the best, mostly because it wasn't too deep and chalenging, but the characters were fun and I enjoyed reading it very much. If you're looking for a fast, fun read give this a go.
on November 6, 2012
"Redeeming the Deception of Grace" is such a sweet story! I loved the prologue when the hero and heroine are children. The rest of the story goes right along with it as they tease each other non-stop. Their back and forth verbal bantering made their dialogue fun and witty. This is a great, short read that will warm your heart!
With new regency authors you never know what you're getting some are good some aren't and it's a risk. This one I liked. She did get some things wrong about the regency such as the Christmas tree right at the start, but the romance was lovely and felt nice. I didn't quite get the part at the end about redeeming her deception though I suppose it doesn't matter since I still liked the story.
on November 29, 2012
I absolutely loved Ewan and Grace together. From the opening page when they were little to the epilogue at the end - they were simply meant to be! The teasing wasnt so bad more like fun banter between two people who grew up together. Their back and forth conversations of besting the other was my favorite parts of the book. Also, The secondary characters were wonderful - especially Whit (Ewan's Butler).

While I do tend to be picky when it comes to inaccuracies It didnt really bother me here - which is rare - and just goes to show how much I enjoyed this sweet little novella. But Ewan was only what 21, 22? He acted older, maybe they should have been older. I also thought that it was kind of long - and Ewan should have declared himself much sooner - cutting out some unnecessary pages in between. Overall though, I did enjoy reading this christmas tale.
on November 21, 2012
This sweet novella has a lot of chemistry between the characters, a simple plotline dominated by emotions rather than events, and a more readable writing style than the average debut epubbed novella.

Although the emotional machinations of the hero and heroine went on a bit long for this reviewer, and although there were the usual Regency-era historical inaccuracies such as a Christmas tree and modern language usage, none of that detracted a whit from my enjoyment of the story. On the contrary, watching Ewan learning to understand his heart, and Grace learning to trust in his love, made for a sweet, endearing tale.

I'll be cheerfully watching for this author's next book. Four stars for the strong debut novella.
on April 5, 2013
The two main characters have known each other from childhood, to adulthood, which makes a very interesting story line.They are very likeable people, and I enjoy the interaction between them very much. Everyone in the story adds to the story. Kristin Vayden writes a very good story.

Germaine Rosenquist

Story purchased and read from Amazon to my Kindle.
on March 19, 2013
Dean and Grace begin as mischievous children who continually play pranks on each other. It all changes when they discover they love one another, but getting past remembered pranks could be difficult. Happy endings are a good thing.
on November 10, 2012
This is my first from this author. And I LOVE it!!! Since I love Christmas and love story this is definitely for me. I would recommend it to anybody.
on January 7, 2013
I enjoyed this story, even though it was too short, and had some editing issues (mind you, these weren't horrendous!).

It is a clean Regency romance. There is no sex, and the H doesn't kiss the h until the last few pages of the story, but the characters were fun. I would have liked to see a deeper treatment of them. Actually, I prefer stories that have a little more going on at all levels, but this was still a very enjoyable story. If you want a nice quick read, give it a go. Like me, you might be pleasantly surprised.