Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on March 16, 2013
This is not a review for the Amazon stream but the series season. I came initially to download a show because my dvr was on the fritz but its working now.

REVENGE is one of my favorite shows and I don't watch many. I watch Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire right now. Season 1 was excellent and kept me coming back every week. Season 2 started out poorly with far too much going on that was difficult to follow. The whole "The initiative" subplot has been a convoluted mess... not a bad idea, just poorly executed. It's improved as the season has gone forward but too much of the show has been centered around the Grayson heir, Daniel, for a while now. Considering the fact that he's weak, fairly useless and the dimmest bulb on the show this might not be the best character to use as a conduit for Emily's revenge. Hopefully more focus will go to Emily, her sidekick Nolan, her childhood sweetheart Jack and the treacherous elder Graysons.
33 comments33 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
I really like this series. Season 1 was a little more intense then season 2. For a change, it's the money people messing over other money people instead of sticking it to the little person.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2012
This show has been nicely put together. Just when you think it's going to be okay something else happens. We love watching the season unfold. There is so much betrayal; it's hard to even see half of it coming. The plot is about a young woman who wants revenge for the atrocities that were made against her father. She wants nothing more than revenge. Sometimes she has a heart but that just gets in the way. The other characters are mostly just awful people getting what they deserve. She is good! Her best friend is quirky and has a great character as well.
0Comment31 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2013
This reminds me a lot of the final season of 'Heroes', where the writers didn't seem to know where to take the overall plot, so we ended up with a string of events unrelated to the original premise. Hope next season is better.
on August 15, 2013
Amazon is listing the DVD-Set of the second season of Revenge without any info on extras. In fact they wrote None. This is not true, since this will be included as Special Features on the Second Season DVD Set:

- Audio commentary on "Illusion"
- Audio commentary on "Forgiveness"
- Audio commentary on "Truth - Part 2"
- "The Sound of Revenge" - Featurette 14:50 min
- "Dressing Miss Davenport" - Featurette 8:19 min
- Deleted Scenes (35 scenes - ca. 40 mintes)
- Blooper Reel
- "Schooled in Revenge" Trailer
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
Season one is still my favorite and season two there are a few things that leave you with "OH COME ON" and it feels as if they are working too hard to stretch out the series. I still watch each episode as it airs and I encourage you to watch this series.
on May 13, 2013
The first season was better by far. The second one is a little slow, but maybe it will pick up before the end of the season.
on October 11, 2012
I can't get enough of this series, there seems to be no end to what Emily/Amanda will do to get back at those who wronged her.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
A little too convoluted.....But the characters are still interesting and engaging enough to spend the time. Let's hope they wrap it up with a decent ending.
on March 6, 2014
When my wife & I started watching Revenge via our Roku player, we could hardly wait to see the next episode. We purposely watched one episode each night so we could savor everything. However, after we got into season 2, we found ourselves growing tired of all the numerous side plots that kept popping up at every turn. Finally, we decided that we couldn't watch another episode because we found that the show had lost it's uniqueness and had become more like a high-dollar soap opera. This was sad as the plot is very good. I feel that if this story would have been produced as a movie or better yet a mini series, that it would not have lost it's edge to keep you glued to your TV set.