Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Menzies
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$1.99

on May 16, 2013
This is an incredible show with a fantastic cast and stellar writing. The first few episodes of the show had a little trouble finding a groove, but it has gotten steadily more amazing with each episode. This second season was even better, with the last ten episodes of the season just blowing all other comedies out of the water. All the characters are amazing, and the story between Nick and Jess that took off at the second half of this second season has made them THE best tv couple of all time. Their chemistry just cannot be matched on any other show. The storylines are fun, but realistic and move organically at the same time. If the writers see a story developing (like the love between roommates, Nick and Jess) they don't hold back because they think they "should". They just GO FOR IT, and the show is so much better because they're willing to take those kinds of risks. They've developed and matured the characters at a realistic pace, without ever making you feel like they were doing it because it's what we "expected". If you watch the first episode and the last episode that just aired you can see how much the characters have grown, but it was all done in such a realistic and believable way. This is exactly what a "family" looks like when you're living on your own in your thirties. An incredibly refreshing approach to television and comedy. Can't wait for Season 3 in September!
on May 19, 2013
You'll be watching half a season in a night if you're anything like me. This show only gets better with age.
on November 24, 2012
First, the show itself continues to be well-written and acted in the second season, so for the content of the show, 5 Stars!
ZERO stars for FOX's policy of putting advertising on the episodes.

Unfortunately, FOX has chosen to stick obnoxiously loud commercials at the beginning and end of each episode! A primary reason I purchase the shows like this is not to be bombarded with ads. I cannot imagine why FOX feels it necessary to put an ad at the head of each episode with a commercial for the show I ALREADY BOUGHT. Then at the end of each episode FOX insidiously inserts commercials for their other programming. I know I can skip through them, but I can do that with DVR from cable WITHOUT paying $1.99 an episode; I do not expect to have to avoid ads on episodes I purchase.

Finally, since this IS commercial-supported (and with two ads, it definitely is), the price should be lower than for other shows which are sold with no commercials, and the product description should include that there are advertisements included on your purchased episodes.

So BOO HISS to the FOX Network! Respect the customers who are already buying your shows. All you're accomplishing is making me reconsider my pass for New Girl. If FOX keeps this up, I'd rather just wait for the DVD set.
1010 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2013
When you watch too much TV like me sometimes you don't have enough DVR to get all that you want. Saved ( or enabled) by Amazon's instant streaming of the New Girl.

New Girl. A perfect vehicle for this cast of quirky actors to latch on to you with their portrayal of even quirkier characters whom I love watch getting into various jams, pickles, and fiascoes!
on September 5, 2015
I'm binge watching season 2 right now and I really like season 2 episode 5, cece's birthday episode because I really liked how it showed the relationship with cece and Jess as teens who watched Clueless and ate cake and how Jess liked to duplicate it every year. This year though, cece wants to go out with her roommates and Jess and party and it doesn't work out so well making Jess wonder that if they had met recently instead of all those years ago, would they still be friends? I also liked how it showed how cece had glasses and was spotted by the agent when she was with Jess. That episode finally showed the jealousy Jess like any other girl would feel that her friend got picked and opened up this whole new world. I liked how the next day Jess tried to handle cece's car modeling gig and realized modeling isn't as easy as she thought it was. And how they still ended up eating cake and watching Clueless, this time with the boys as well. I really liked the boys in this episode too...Schmidt gives nick a cookie and it turns into a discussion about nick and how people do nice stuff for him and he doesn't know how to react. The flashbacks with him and Schmidt from college were funny. All in all, season 2 seems to be just as great as season 1.
on September 12, 2014
Extremely funny sitcom that sometimes has humor that some may find shocking, crude, or too sexy. It's not a show appropriate for viewers under 14 (and even that may be too young) and is geared toward adults (main stream audience) in their late 20s/early 30s. I love Zooey Deschanel's character, Jess. The acting is excellent and the characters' personalities are consistent, believable (although sometimes exaggerated), and endearing. I love this show!
on January 8, 2013
For me Nick and Schmidt are two of the best sitcom characters to come along in a long long time.
on August 20, 2014
I fell in love with the cast and characters of this show early in season one. It has been several months since i stopped watching those classic episodes and with great anticipation did i tear up the packaging in order to sample season two. Initially, the magic wasn't there. The acting, and dialogue appeared forced and obviously choreographed, and for me, the laughs just weren't there. But i kept the faith, and kept watching, and BAM! - in the blink of an eye, i was hooked. I got it. I got the jokes, the characters, the mannerisms, the idiosynchrocies and of course, the character development of at least two of the stars were a blessing.

I love this show. It is truly hilarious. It is honest, and direct, and funny, and at times, poignant. It is direct. It is relevant.

The bloopers are less than hysterical, but we don't watch NEW GIRL for the bloopers. We watch for the beautiful blue eyes of Zooey Deschanel, and to see if her character ends up in the arms of the hopelessly flawed, but heroically honest Nick Miller. And does Cici and up with Super Schmidt? Or will that have to wait for season three? I don't really care. Because I only really care about Jess.

Full marks for this excellent purchase.

BFN Greggorio!
on May 18, 2013
Love this show. There are interesting dynamics between characters, and well written comefic situations. Sexy and a bit politically incorrect too. Worth it just for the character "Schmidt".
on December 7, 2013
I love New Girl! The cast has amazing chemistry and the writing team gives them great material to work with. Season 1's standout supporting actor was Schmidt, played by Max Greenfield. You really came to understand the quirks in his personality. While Schmidt is still hilarious and off-the-wall as ever, Jake Johnson was the real star (for me) of Season 2. Nick had some great storylines in Season 1, but Season 2 was the season of Nick! We really got to see him grow, mature, revert back to immature Nick, go through some really tough times, etc. Nick's character is the guy you can see yourself being really great friends with, and eventually falling for him. I think the writers did an amazing job handling the Nick / Jess situation as well. They have unbelievable chemistry and I got butterflies in my stomach during SEVERAL scenes with them together in this season. Cooler, Parking Spot, Quick Hardening Caulk / Guys Night and Virgins were some of my favorites. First Date was also a great one, but a little sad for me in the end. All in all a great season that I look forward to rewatching.

ps. I feel bad for not having mentioned LaMorne Morris's character Winston. Winston is underrated and I feel that LaMorne truly is a hilarious guy. I love scenes that he's in and I just think that the entire cast was completely in sync this season. So great!