Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

If you're a fan of The Eat-Clean Diet: Fast Fat-Loss that lasts Forever! by the enthusiastic Tosca Reno and expect this JUST THE RULES book to be just as good, then DON'T get this book. It's basically a regurgitation of many of the same concepts she explained in-depth in her bestselling book. For those who are new to Tosca's plan or just like their information delivered in an entertaining fashion with quick bites you can learn while sitting on the porcelain goddess, then you might just like this book. There are some great nuggets of truth in this book for the uninformed who need to know the basics. And that's a GREAT thing for people to understand. Just don't expect this to be a dissertation on all things related to diet, nutrition and health--it ain't. Overall, not a bad book but there are better ones to get more of the same information about.
on March 28, 2014
I purchased this book as a gift for my sister who is trying to lose weight. I had purchased Tosca's first Eat Clean book when it came out a while ago. I used the principles in it to lose 86 pounds (many, many dress sizes) and wanted to share the 'eating clean' concept with my sister, but not overwhelm her with details. I really liked the idea of this book, providing just the basic rules. I thought this book would help to motivate my sister to get back on track with her eating for the new year and can honestly say that since I gave it to her in October, she has lost over 30 pounds!

While there is some information that is similar in all of the eat clean books (like chapters on the importance of drinking water and eating breakfast), there are a lot of new ideas presented in a very easy to use format. If you are trying to decide which "Eat Clean Diet" book by Tosca Reno to purchase, I would recommend buying this one since it contains more recent information about nutritional studies.

I find Reno to be very motivating, and, if you're struggling to lose weight, you will probably find her books really helpful. The idea behind clean eating is that you eat foods that are as close to their natural state as possible, without adding in extra sugar, chemicals, etc. Eating six meals a day ensures that you never go hungry, and you don't have to worry about calorie counting.

I first discovered Reno in Oxygen fitness magazine which her husband is the editor of and she is a regular columnist. I was happy to see that Robert Kennedy Publishing (the group that publishes Reno's book and Oxygen) began a new magazine called Clean Eating. If you want even more seasonal, healthy recipes and nutrition tips, I definitely recommend subscribing to it. Just be warned, however, that it contains a lot of ads promoting Reno's books -- to an annoying degree. If you can look past those ads, it makes a nice addition to a clean-eating lifestyle. And a clean-eating lifestyle helped me to shed 86 pounds and my sister to shed over 30 pounds. Thanks Tosca for such a wonderful collection of books.
on October 9, 2011
If you are a Tosca Reno fan, as I am, this little book holds no surprises. It's the same info you find in a more expanded version in her other books, particularly the Eat Clean Diet and the Eat Clean Diet Recharged. However, I'm not sorry I bought it because it's a fun, quick read with really nice pictures and great for quick motivation.
on January 1, 2012
Love all of the other Tosco books but this is not worth the money - its basically just the title chapters of her other books -
on December 3, 2011
Tosca breaks it down into very short and simple rules. I read the entire book in less than 2 hours...simple and straight to the point. I work in the fitness industry and recommend it to family and clients all the time!
on January 13, 2016
I loved it book. It's small, light weight, and easy to read. It's a quick reference book so it's pared down to the basics, but still has good solid info. My sister liked it so much she walked off with it and I still need to get me another copy.
on April 18, 2013
I've read two other Tosca Reno books which I liked, but this was a waste of time and money. There is nothing new in here, and can be read in one sitting. It's so short! I would recommend this to someone who has never heard about the eat clean lifestyle before, although this book doesn't delve deeply enough into the topic to be useful at all.
on January 18, 2015
Small books, fits the purse. Really helpful when shopping, for groceries, for kitchen equipment, for exercise stuff. Full of ideas, and daily reminder thoughts to help any person keep with a new lifestyle choice.
on June 10, 2012
I just read "Just the Rules, Tosca's Guide to Eating Right." It took me 45 minutes to read it from front to back. This should have been printed on two pages and sold for one dollar-not nine. Most pages are printed with cutsey pix, very little print. It's probably geared for a second grade reading level. I'm so disappointed I won't be purchasing anything else from this author. She's making a killing on these "books" which are mostly fluff.
on October 13, 2013
This was a fairly expensive little book and basically (as she says) is just the rules from her more expanded diet plan. Very similar to other books on the subject. If you are really into the clean eating lifestyle (not a beginner) this book may be perfect for you. I just need more detail and should have bought her earlier book.