Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on March 12, 2013
I could not wait for the Six Million Dollar Man to come out on DVD. Like most 40-50 year olds, this was my favorite series when growing up in the 70's. Sure the special effects are not all CGI and glossy like they are today, but they're not bad for the time and heaven knows even the worst stript and plot for TSMDM is ten times better than half of the sci-fi trash that is put out there now days. Lee Majors was made for the role and may be more assoicated with it than just about any actor could be with a role. I agree with most that season Two was probably better overall, but this is the first season we all got to see Steve Austin take on that other 70's icon "Bigfoot". That alone makes this five stars. Harve Bennett was on top of his game when producing this series and Richard Anderson as Oscar Goldman may be as famous for that role as Majors was with Austin. I will not bore you with episode lists and views on each one, but I will say if you love sci-fi and if you grew up in the 70's, this is a must buy not only for its excellent entertainment, but the trip down memory lane when TV was worth a darn.
on March 8, 2013
I too, along with all the other posters here, remember the Bigfoot episodes the most, as a 7 or 8 year old at the time this season came out. I remember thinking how real it was, I had no idea there was a man in a suit. To me it was REAL!! I remember watching while sitting on the floor with my back to the couch, in between my dad's legs and holding on to one of his calves terrified. YET I couldn't look away!! I watched but knew I was safe with my dad. And that long tunnel, oh man, THAT was creepy as hell as a child. But they were great episodes, the first time and then again the 2nd time Bigfoot appeared later in the series. The Bigfoot episodes were so great, many, if not most of the other episodes are rather forgettable but still fun to watch. The Sonny Bono episode was totally weird and laughable. But I still love the show. STEVE WAS DA MANNNNN!!!!
on January 9, 2014
I have loved season two and three the love story with Jamie is a must have for a romantic. I am 44 but I have enjoyed watching these episodes even more than when I was a preteen. The season three dvd pack has all the action you desire.. be the memories of going back to a old series is the best... you will laugh and maybe cry.. but you will love it as a true fan...
on September 15, 2013
The only reason I'm giving season three a 4-star review rather than a 5-star one is because there is a bit too much "Bionic Woman" included in this season. The Six Million Dollar Man was and still is one of my all-time favorite shows. The introduction of The Bionic Woman (which of course actually began at the end of season two) did not capture my interest, then or now. It's nothing against Lindsay Wagner, let alone Jamie Summers ... but Steve Austin was unique and I guess I wanted him to remain that way. In fairness to Jamie / Lindsay, I felt this way every time another "bionic" character was introduced (mostly in the movies that aired years after the series ended).

All that said, season 3 does have some wonderful episodes and is a must-have for fans of the series. In addition to seeing Steve going undercover as a lumberjack, a longshoreman and even a police officer, he meets up with Big Foot for the first time. The 2-part Big Foot episode is reason enough for Six Million Dollar Man fans to get a hold of season 3. I can still remember seeing the Big Foot episode when I was very young and also remember Universal Studios having a Bionic Show and other SMDM related attractions at the time. In fact, the rotating tunnel is still a part of their tram tour and it always reminds me of Steve Austin and Big Foot. Seasons 1 and 2 are better overall, in my opinion, but that doesn't mean that season 3 should be missed. I recommend it to all Six Million Dollar Man fans ~~ young and old ~~~ as well as newcomers to the show.
on January 7, 2013
"Season Three" of the Six Million Dollar Man does not offer quite as many high quality episodes as Season Two, which to me, was the high water mark of the series, but it comes pretty close as the show was maturing on many levels.

"The Return of the Bionic Woman" kicks off Season Three in grand style as a two-part episode and is just as good as the original episodes that introduced this great character (Jaime S.) a season earlier. This season also contains the two part "Secret of Bigfoot" episodes with "Andre The Giant" in the title role. As has been noted in other reviews, Bigfoot sightings were a big deal at that time so quite topical and I was simply spellbound when it originally aired. Stefanie Powers also was absolutely gorgeous as an alien in this one. Several other episodic attempts were made at "Bigfoot" in subsequent seasons but none held the charm of this first outing.

In between these two bookends, there are some other episodes in Season Three worthy of mention. "The Seven Million Dollar Man" returns for a second engagement in "The Bionic Criminal". Although not quite as good as the first episode from Season Two, it is still pretty solid. There are also several amusing episodes such as "The Song and Dance Spy" guest starring Sonny Bono and two episodes where our Hero Col. Steve Austin tangles with more local type criminals in "The White Lightning War" and "Target in the Sky" which are all enjoyable entries. For football enthusiasts, another change of pace is offered in "One of Our Running Backs is Missing" which featured Larry Cszonka and Dick Butkus as well as Carl Weathers of "Rocky-Apollo Creed" Fame in an early role. "The Winning Smile" is another episode featuring Oscar Goldman's Secretary, Peggy Callahan, who became a semi-regular shortly thereafter on both the "Six Million Dollar Man" and "Bionic Woman" Series.

Overall, I can't give this season Five Stars like Season Two but all in all, a very good season with several excellent episodes so not to be overlooked!
on April 17, 2013
I loved this show when I was a kid, and as an adult it does not disappoint. Sure, there are some corny moments and of course there is none of the graphic violence and blood and guts we see on current programs - a plus in my book. What we do have are characters who represent the best that America has to offer; Colonel Austin is a true American hero, very modest and unselfish, and I think a pre-cursor to modern characters like Leroy Jethro Gibbs in NCIS. And, for those who enjoy classic cars, and retro fashions, this show has plenty of both. Can't wait for Season 4 to be available on Amazon!!
on March 21, 2015
The third season had the best writing and the most enjoyable episodes of the whole series. In particular was "Return of the Robot Maker" and "Sidney Templeton O' Flaherty". This season had the added benfit of actually using the sound effect of the bionics being used, that were incorporated into the sound track. Great stuff.
on February 17, 2014
Season 3 finally introduces the "bionic impact" sound effect. Not the springy sound we hear when he runs or jumps, but the deep metallic vibration, like when he kicks in a door. The plots in this season are good & this is the season in which he has the classic encounter with Bigfoot. One good episode after another. They just don't make TV shows like "The Six Million Dollar Man" anymore. Great show, especially for someone who grew up in the 1970s. Lee Majors & Richard Anderson were great, as were Harve Bennett & Kenneth Johnson behind the scenes.
on February 8, 2015
If you grew up with Steve Austin like I did this is one of the BEST series of the 70's. Set aside the Special Effects which were "state of the art" back then but a little cheesy now. The drama of tragedy, rehab, feeling like someone's "Frankenstein" are well portrayed by Lee Majors. Col Steve Austin is a patriot who wants to do right by his country but follows his high standard of ethics which is usually mutually exclusive for a clandestine government operative. Conflicts of being a James Bond who won't carry a gun and will not kill with not being willing to let bad guys run free cause some friction with his "Handler" Oscar Goldman. Steve is continually torn between protecting his country and wanting a normal life. JAIME SOMMERS is still a big issue. Her trip down the Bionic assembly line left her with some memory loss, like her being engaged to Steve. It's about two people with deep scars physically and emotionally trying to reclaim themselves in heart and soul while seeing themselves as freaks.
on August 19, 2013
Relive those childhood memories of when you tried running in slow motion to imulate Col. Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man. This was a show of the 70's so you're getting the very traditional story lines of the day, when we were afraid Russia was gonna be the big trouble. It's been fun watching the show again.The picture is very good and clear for a 70's show. I'm glad they are re-releasing the series.