Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The "Do What You Can" Plan (Ebook Shorts): 21 Days to Making Any Area of Your Life Better
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 1, 2013
This book is sooooo good! Hugely motivational!

Only 56 pages in length, this book is little, but it is packed with so much inspiration and motivation! It's laid out so that you can read it over 21 days -- which studies show is the length of time it takes to change a habit. The book talks about things like goals, making changes, pushing past fear, overcoming obstacles, and so much more.

Honestly -- get yourself a copy of this! It's totally worth it! I plan to re-read my copy several times over, especially when I need a pick-me-up!
on January 2, 2013
These God-breathed, God-inspired words from Holley Gerth are the balm that every heart needs. As the Word of God is meant to cut, so these words cut right to the chase of why we keep failing at finding all that God has for us!

In essence this e-book is the start of trusting that God has given all of His children a measure of grace and at least one gift. A God-sized something that will advance His kingdom in profound ways.

Holley, you seized my heart from the introduction! Small steps seem like so little for God to ask, but then most days that's all I'm able to give!
on January 1, 2013
I'm going through this book right now...and LOVING every second of it! It's simple, but do-able and chock full of encouragement and motivation! It definitely has rekindled my fire to live a more intentional life for God. Each of the 21 lessons are designed to help you discover who God has made you to be. Today is the day to make a change!
on January 1, 2013
Holley's book is encouraging for someone like me because I start out the year with lofty goals, and then get so bogged down in where to start that I give up before I even get started. Her advice is simple, start small, and do little things each day. You don't have to go big or go home, just do something! It took the fear and anxiety out of starting knowing that my small steps each day will eventually lead to something big in the end.

I would recommend this book to anyone that wants this year to be different. For someone that actually wants to accomplish something on that to do list. Let Holley help you make this your best year ever!!
on April 19, 2013
I got this on a special day, so it was Free!! It's an awesome book!! It's a baby steps approach to changing one thing at a time. It's so perfect. It helped my stress level, for sure! Thanks again, Holley!
on January 29, 2013
Very good short book. It was challenging but not overwhelming. What a wonderful tool to help achieve those pesky new years resolutions or anytime of year you wish to change or modify habits in your life.
on January 1, 2013
Holley's brand new e-book, The "Do What You Can" Plan: 21 Days to Making Any Area of Your Life Better, is really the perfect way to kick-start 2013. It is full of motivation and resources to take baby-steps toward your dreams, not bite off more than you can chew! So many New Year's goals and plans fail because they are just too big, too daunting, too overwhelming. Holley's book encourages all of us to start small and let things grow, instead of your dreams remaining just dreams! I highly recommend this ebook, just like everything else I've read from Holley!
on January 21, 2013
I follow Holley Gerth's contributions to the wonderful blog, (In)courage, so I was excited to read this short e-book she wrote for the new year. It's only 60 pages, but it's packed full with inspirational and motivational truths. Studies show that it takes 21 days to form new, or break old, habits. This book is divided into 21 short chapters, one for each of these habit changing days. Gerth encourages her readers to set faithful goals and dream God-sized dreams. She asks thought-provoking, and sometimes tough, questions but remains encouraging and judgement-free. I recommend this book for anyone looking for her place in the world. A practical and affirming read.

4.5/5 stars
on February 17, 2013
I like the concept of this book. Sometimes self help books suggest you take big bites toward self improvement. This book says just do what you can. Any step in the right direction is positive and better than not doing anything. I think the concept in itself is worth the four stars.
on January 18, 2013
I read this book in two evenings, though it be best probably to read it over 21 days, but it was too good to put down.
Here are some notes I took from the book:
Proverbs 16:9 Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Pursing a goal gets us moving but it's still God who determines our ultimate destination, as the verse above says. It's hard to redirect someone who is standing still. So use goals to give you motivation as well as direction, then let God guide you as you go.

Description of Proverbs 31 woman is that we are to be faithful in the small, immediate, everyday things before us. Do it with consistency and excellence.
God comes alongside of us when we are obedient. Obedience is about doing, not just believing.

Ecc. 11:4 Whoever watches the wind will not plant, whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.
Even in the most enjoyable experiences of our lives, there is always a bit of discomfort.
Life is never normal. Timing is never perfect. Conditions are never really right. If you know this is something God wants you to do, move forward anyway.

Make fear work for you, but don't remain in a state of it.
Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strength you and help you I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Combine faith with works.
2 Chr 31:21 He sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered.
God speaks through your heart. Heart is source of passion.
Neh 4:6 For the people worked with all their heart.
Question: What is your heart motivation for making this change in your life?

Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Mistakes are different from sin. A mistake is a result of being human, an imperfection that reminds us we are not God, a place in our lives where God's power can be "made perfect in weakness"~2 Cor 12:9 Sin is outright rebellion, a deliberate defiance. When it comes to sin, God has strong words to say. When it comes to being human and making mistakes or having areas where we are weak, He reassures us that He can make up the difference.

God values growth and connection over perfection.

The journey you and God take will be unique to you. God's purposes will prevail in your life. And with Him, you will prevail too.

Neh. 8:9-10
Don't be sad! Go home and have a party, eat, drink, and celebrate. The joy of the Lord is your strength. (so celebrate those goals you make, celebrate the little successes!)

Joy is what gives us strength, victory, and lasting change.

God never wants us to get complacent. He doesn't want us to find our comfort zone (oh and I can attest to that!). There's too much out there for us to experience and enjoy with Him. You will never get to the place where God stops calling you closer to Him. Also, don't forget to take time for rest and recovery, Jesus did.

We are imperfect people in a fallen world. There will never be a time in our lives when things are just as we want them. What's before us is always a mixture of good and bad, hard and easy, happy and sad. If we wait for that to change, then we will wait for the rest of our lives.The most effective people in the kingdom aren't those who never mess up or fall down) They're the ones who most consistently get back up. That pursuit happens not in the big moments of life but in little decisions, daily choices, and small acts of obedience.
God will make sure that the good work He began in you is carried on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus~see Phil. 1:6