Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mindcraft Builder: Pocket Edition
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on December 23, 2012
My son bought this thinking it was minecraft, it's shameful someone would try to sell this for .99 much less 2.99. If anything, this taught him to let mom look at it. I hope ripping off an 11 year old for his birthday money makes it worth the sham for the person selling this.

All this is is photo stills of minecraft, posted here as "mindcraft" in the hopes of taking advantage of the purchaser. There are a lot of these bogus shams out there, so be careful. I hope people look at the comments written. The 5 star rating comes from someone who admits that he didn't buy it and noticed it was a fraud and is laughing at the others who fell for it...not sure why successfully ripping off people would warrant 5 stars and laughter?

In our case, it was my CHILD who purchased it after handing me the money--doing so after he bought skins for his minecraft application on here and it worked great. No child expects the world to work this way--but lesson learned. We were naive, I just hoped to stop others from the same problem. A sad case of lesson learned for my child. Be sure you have the real game, or real skins. They are on here, and those are worth it. My son has spent hours enjoying them!
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 10, 2012
This app says it is "Min*D*craft" but shows a picture saying "Min*E*craft" (emphasis on D vs E - mine), which seems to exist - basically - to fool consumers into thinking they are getting the real Minecraft app from Mojang. (It even has the "Pocket Edition" slogan in the title like the real game.) Instead, this app is a series of pictures and not a game at all.

Amazon needs to have better quality controls. How long until a devloper or company that owns the copyright decides that Amazon and Google Play are responsible for profiting off the sale of apps that infringe on copyrights? And how long before Amazon customers hold Amazon accountable for selling them products that seem to blatently mislead and deceive? I'm voting this down because I want Amazon to clean up the store. We should be able to buy products that clearly state what they are and actually BE those things. I shouldn't have to worry about buying a "game" that turns out to be a series of pictures.

How is this not illegal? According to Wikipedia, Fair Use "permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, search engines, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship." The developer says this app is for educational purposes. I'm pretty sure that isn't the case, although I'm not a lawyer.

If you want to overpay for an app ($2.99?!) to look at pictures from Minecraft then go ahead and buy this. But that's all you'll get.
0Comment|554 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2012
this is the worst thing ever i bought it and that is such a rip off dont buy this game
on December 8, 2012
This is a rip off!¡! Don't buy this!! This is not a game just a of bunch of pictures! Don't waste your money on it.
0Comment|558 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
DO NOT BE STUPID AND BYE THIS JUNK. ITS CREEP MAKERS TRY TO FOOL YOU INTO GETTING IT BY HAVING A DECEPTIVE LOGO PIC. DO NOT GET!!
0Comment|515 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
This is a real rip off loaded it for my grandson to us on my Kindle it doesn't work all he could do is look at the acreens that flash over and over.
I going to make Amazon give me back my money.
on December 25, 2012
Please read and make sure you know what you're buying! I bought this for my grandson and regret it now!
on December 22, 2012
This is a ripoff. I'm going to find out how to hold the creator legally accountable. I'm tired of these people taking advantage.
on December 24, 2012
a lot of minecraft apps are like this all they are is pictures and yet they still cost up to 2 dollars. if we can stop buying apps like these companies that make them my go out of business and no more stupid apps will be made
on December 23, 2012
this game is stupid the person spell the title wrong its supost to be minecraft not mindcraft and all it is pics