Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

91%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 21, 2013
I liked it a lot and was glad to see him put out another album. I think he should switch it up and write a cheery XMas album just to blow everyone's mind.
on October 15, 2014
If you're reading this you likely are already a fan of this gentle Canadian. It's a great record on 180g vinyl. Good stuff!
on October 26, 2014
Quite honestly, this is the best album I have heard in many years. Hayden's lyrics hit home, especially for those of us living as parents that are still trying to be true to ourselves, as well as to our mates and children. Musically of course he pulls you in as he always does, but the personal story being told with the music and lyrics makes me feel like I am not alone and allows my wife to understand where I am coming from as well. Deeply moving and honest, I recommend this album to every one I care about.
on April 9, 2015
Fantastic album of storytelling as is to be expected from the Canaduke.
on August 15, 2013
Hayden must have the ability to douse himself in mental scenarios that allow him to hit the nail on the head with these beautiful songs. Either that or he's got quite the experience catalog to draw from which allows these lyrics to move folks along with his style of folk/country-esque/low-key darkness. I own all his albums, this is as good as his best, my only complaint, only 8 songs (9 if you include the final one being divided into 2 songs)...
on June 9, 2013
I've been a Hayden fan since the early '90s and while its been a while since one of his albums has really brought me into the kind of quiet solitary reverie that I remembered, this album hits the mark. If you know Hayden, then absolutely get his album and try try try to see him live since recordings are just that. If you don't know Hayden, then this album is excellent, but arguably more accessible than "Everything I Long For" - but do not miss that one either. I think the beauty here is that the music is intensely musical, but also stripped down and raw. Listening to Hayden is like listening to that awesome friend who is mega talented, but is still that guy you know and have known for a long time.
on April 5, 2013
In my opinion this is Hayden's best since 2004's Elk-Lake Serenade. Standouts for me are "Just Give Me a Name", where he struggles to process his partner's infidelity, and "Oh memory", about time (or maybe age or disease) stealing the image of his partner's face from his mind. This latter track of piano playing over the lazy hissing and popping of summer fireworks creates an ethereal sound. Stephen Deusner wrote a fairly nasty and personal album review on Pitchfork.com--where among other insults he compared Hayden's career to circa 1996 dial-up internet (i.e., unreliable)! I think Hayden is a careful and deliberate songwriter, and a strong storyteller. This album continues that tradition.
on March 12, 2013
This is a biased opionion because I love all Hayden's albums but, I think this a great piece of work. The two poppy tunes stand-out amongst an angry tune or two and a sad couple of songs. Overall really love this album but I bought the vinyl and I'm not sure if this is exclusive to the vinyl because I haven't listen to the digital version, but the sound quality is VERY quiet on the vinyl version.
on March 3, 2013
On Us Alone, Hayden introduces upcoming Canadian artist & protege Lou Canon ([...]). Her angelic voice is the perfect companion to Hayden's raspy blue-tones (Blurry Nights). Saw them both live on the Us Alone tour and had to buy the album immediately. He never disappoints and this is no exception. Taking a break to have a kid has served him well.
He is back and in effect. Didn't realize how much I missed his sound. Highly recommend.
on February 26, 2013
Hayden is still one of the most innovative musicians alive today. This album is definitely a must buy for anyone who enjoys quality singer/songwriter music.