Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: God Chaser
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: MP3 Music|Change

on February 18, 2013
Prime Cuts: You Are My Strength, You Reign, God Chaser

Day in and day out we are bombarded by billboards and Internet pop-ups enticing us to purchase the latest model of Lexis or to covet the latest ipad or to visit the hottest dating site on the web. Though these apps and services may promise some sense of thrill and gratification, they ultimately won't be able to satisfy that insatiable emptiness God has shaped in us. The panache, rightly advocated by Murphy, is not in chasing after these idols but God himself. Not only does Murphy articulate this scripturally-warranted truth through this new record, but he practices it. If you were to visit Murphy's church, where he serves as the music and preaching pastor, you will find that the offering precedes anything in the service. This is because if we truly profess to be God-chasers we need to prove it first and foremost with our wallets. Thus, when it comes to Murphy's latest record, "God Chaser," the same bold authenticity he demonstrates as a pastor permeates throughout these songs. "God Chaser" is Murphy's major record debut for RCA Inspiration, following two previous independently (though successful) released records "All Day" (2005) and "The Sound" (2007). Thus far, God has blessed this effort when "God Chaser" dropped at the lofty position of number three on the Billboard Gospel chart last week. And lead single "You Reign" is already reigning in the top 10 slots of the accompanying singles chart.

Recorded at Murphy's own church New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, "God Chaser" features 13 cuts recorded live with Murphy on the lead backed by a solid sounding and spirited choir. Since Murphy first make his mark by penning (and singing) Shekinah Glory Ministry hit single "Praise is What I Do," it is not surprising to find Murphy co-penning or penning 10 out of the 13 cuts with 1 significant cover - a Gospel take of Darlene Zschech and Hillsong's "You Are My Strength." The title cut "God Chaser" sets the theme of the record where Murphy expresses (with great spiritual fervor) his heart's cry to God: "My heart is desperate for you. My hunger extends beyond my reach." Easily the most memorable cut here is the lead single "You Reign." Not only just does "You Reign" have an infectious hooky chorus, it is in Murphy's words "a prophetic song." It is declaration of faith where Murphy proclaims God's reign over each and every area of our lives. "In Your Hands" breaks away from the traditional Gospel template, as Murphy sways to a rhythmic reggae groove and virtuosic bass line that calls to mind Israel Houghton at his best.

"Write a Song" shows another side of Murphy. Not only does he excel in singing and writing, this pastor is also an ingeniousness worship leader too. "Write This Song" has a deliberate impromptu feel where Murphy trades lines with his congregation and choir creating a family atmosphere as if it is collective effort in crafting this worship piece. He does it again in "Nothing Can Take My Place" to lesser effect. On the ballad front, "Praying for You" is arousing ministry piece where Murphy prays for people who have been struggling for years. The song starts off well but it is let down towards the end with far too much ad lib on Murphy's part. Those who long for a similar reprise of "Praise is What I Do" will Be delighted by "Make Me Righteous." The reprisal version even features a vocal guest spot by current powerhouse Tasha Cobbs.

Nevertheless, the gem here is "You Are Strength." This song first appeared on Darlene Zschech and Hillsong's seminal "Savior King" CD. Over the years, many artists have covered the songs of Hillsong but few could refrain from carbon copying Hillsong's original take of them. With a slow teased out introduction and a worshipful call and response with his choir, "You Are My Strength' sounds more Murphy than Hillsong. This is just the way to make a cover glow with originality. Murphy shows again and again that he is not only a stellar singer-songwriter he is also a gifted interpreter of songs. And throughout this record, he uses this skill to help us channel the course of our race in life. Through these 13 songs and the help of the Spirit, we are encouraged again to chase after the one who truly matters --- that is, God and Him alone.
on February 25, 2013
I love, love, love this cd. Oh my William Murphy is definitely a man of God that is being used for this day and time to echo the very sentiments of the Father. If you are a true worshipper you will REALLY enjoy this cd.
on June 24, 2013
If you ever want to experience the presence of GOD in a form of a cd then you have to hear this man. He always the spirit to use him every time he sings.
on September 9, 2015
Oh Lord, I have just about worn this CD out!!! Every song is God felt, especially, Pray for you. If you don't have this one and you need something to get your praise on and you have no other gospel collection, you want to have this one. I dare you not to cry when you play #10 over and over. I have to order some more for gifts.
on August 18, 2013
I came across this cd by through another artist website. ITS WORKING had me in tears because I have been working extremely hard this year on a project. God took me to places that I couldn't imagine. Then I heard this song & it ministered to my heart. I felt like God himself was speaking to me through William Murphy's music. I bought the CD and had my son make this song my ring tone. So now every time my phone rings I start smiling.

A friend of mine was going through a trying time so I recommended this CD to her. We both now quote versus from the CD to encourage each other. I love this entire CD. I will be purchasing his other CDs as well.

William Murphy if you are reading this THANK YOU FOR MINISTERING TO MY HEART!
The Pastor's Heart
on July 8, 2013
I love every song on it. Worship and praise songs. They are all great! I recommend purchasing this CD to everyone who likes worship and praise songs combined.
on March 2, 2013
An atmosphere changing, mood elevating movement of sound. Expresses the hearts and minds of those who love the Lord! Fantastic.
on September 26, 2013
I purchased this CD to add to my wife's collection for her birthday. She loves it, and it arrived before the appointed date. So, it came early, very inexpensive, and my wife loves it. I will recommend this company to my family and friends.
on April 17, 2013
Get this CD in your collection. It is so good, that I listen to the entire CD several times a day. I can't get enough of this collection of songs. "You Reign", "It's Working" and "Make Me Righteous" are my favorites. Who am I kidding, I love every single song on the CD. If you are looking for some good gospel music, buy this one.
on May 30, 2013
This is a must have CD. William Murphy pulls you right in to his worship and you can feel the anointing through this CD. Highly recommended.