Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Beautiful Creatures: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 18, 2013
For me, a movie is made memorable (or unmade completely) by the music that accompanies it. Thankfully, the Beautiful Creatures soundtrack/score follows mostly in the vein of the Twilight scores: atmospheric music that's incredibly easy to listen to, sounds great, and blends well. The New No. 2 deserve all the credit in the world for crafting a sound that's both smooth and creepy, folksy and electronic. Easily one of my favorite new CDs of the year - well worth listening to.
on March 9, 2013
I saw Beautiful Creatures and thought it was all right, yet eons better than anything Twilight. I was intrigued by the musical score and got the cd to the soundtrack here. I'm now reading the first book of four from the Beautiful Creatures set. I'm listening to the soundtrack in the background and it does the same thing that it did with the movie. It sets the tone. Southern Gothic I guess it's called and it's perfectly in tune with the images from the movie and in my head as I'm reading it. With certain pieces, I can visualize scenes from the movie, like with Make It Home (Ridley's Siren Mix), I can see Ridley walking towards Ethan from her sports car. The other greatest thing about the music, or rather thenewno2, is that Dhani Harrison is involved. As I listen to him play and sing, I can hear his father's soul shining through. And, oh, how that guitar gently weeps again.
on June 12, 2013
This is honey to the ears, haunting and sensuous, down to earth yet ethereal, a little gritty at times and always good. My ears are so happy when I listen to this. It's perfect for writing, for your inspiration to blossom, where your mind can de-stress and let go of the burdens of the day.
on December 12, 2013
A soundtrack as full of yearning, romance, sensuality, playfulness and humor as the film tried to be. It was a fairly decent film but the music by George Harrison's son Dhani (guitars, piano and vocals), Jonathan Sadoff (guitars and piano) and Paul Hicks (keyboards and vocals), with the three sharing programming duties as The New No 2 took it to another level for me, making it more enjoyable to watch. The songs flow beautifully, embracing elements of folk, goth, pop, world and of course swamptronica along the way.

My favorite tracks include "Breaking The Ice" which echoes in "Lena's Magic/The Love Theme" and again in a rock version called "The Burning Sign"; "Ridley's Swamptronica", a brilliant blend of blues, world and country- the name says it all; and the last two tracks which highlight the boys' sweet vocals and pop chops- "Run To Me" and "Never Too Late"- both of them quite enchanting (or enchanted?).
on October 16, 2014
Mystical combination of sounds with a variety of flavors. If you remember the music from the movie you know what I mean. Great soundtrack. My girlfriend loves this movie. I thought it was good, not great but I definitely loved the overall ambience largely created by the southern setting and the great music. The album did not disappoint. If you liked it in the movie, get the soundtrack and enjoy.
on November 10, 2013
Dhani Harrison and his band, thenewno2, wrote their first movie score for the film BEAUTIFUL CREATURES. While the film is not my kind of flick, based on the reviews that I have read, the music is absolutely lovely, with traces of classical, Bernard Herrmann, modern rock, and country. Although I don't think that this score is as good as Sean Lennon's two soundtracks (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Undead or Alter Egos), it is quite interesting. I'm sure that Dhani's dad George, who has been gone for 12 years, would be proud.
on February 23, 2015
I loved this movie and I absolutely loved the music --- especially the last two songs on the cd -- Dhani Harrison is a very talented young man -- you can tell he is very much like his father, George Harrison.
on September 14, 2014
I can't add much to the reviews already posted. This is an excellent soundtrack, great as atmospheric background music and with a couple of good pop/rock tunes thrown in for good measure. My review would be 5 stars if the bonus Alice Englert song "Needle and Thread" had been included on the CD. It is only available on the MP3 album. I actually purchased the MP3 version first and then ordered the CD because I wanted to have it too. I was disappointed that "Needle and Thread" wasn't there. As this song was featured in a prominent scene in the film and was written and performed by the film's star, some people might be looking for it, so be aware it's only on the MP3 version.
on January 12, 2014
I loved the movie even though I have not read the books! I think those who have "not" read the books will love this movie more so than those who have!!! The soundtrack is magickal! I live in the south and when I listen to this music I can see the moss hanging from the low branches and the cool night air flowing through my hair, it is indeed lovely! If you like music to inspire and enlighten your inner heart... this is it!
on September 29, 2015
enjoyed the young adult movie/drama/romance with a foreign exchange student, did not enjoy the music. don't remember it as being quite so morbid. oh well, will pass on to some teenager who will appreciate it.