Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Garnet Red Edition Bundle with Case (7-Inch, Wi-Fi)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on February 2, 2013
I just bought this tablet today (03 February 2013). For starters the deep red color is fantastic. I am pleased with the easy to use applications. It runs pretty fast. I upgraded to the 32GB memory. I am sure this information will not help anyone. However the main purpose for this purchase was to have a decent priced tablet that I can use for school. I will follow up further information by the end of the month.
Ok ladies and gentlemen, it is now 11Feb2013 and I have pretty much had this beautifully awesome device close to 2 weeks now. As previously stated I have upgraded the memory card to a 32GB card. I am attending college and majoring in networking. I have downloaded all of my textboks to my device, a couple of hundred songs, alot of pictures, plus technical videos were downloaded to it. As of right now I have not witnessed any lack in performance while running multiple applications. Downloading and uploading speeds are fast. Overall I am really impressed. I believe it should have had a built in flash for the camera. But other than that I am very satisfied with my purchase. I will finalize my review by the end of the month.
3838 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
I ordered this last night and received it this morning at 10 am. I am over the top ecstatic with this purchase!! I could actually jump through this screen and shout "BUY ME" to everyone out there. I am a huge Samsung fan anyways, but this little guy takes the cake! Besides for the awesome color it came in and the lovely cover that came with it, I must say it does everything it says it will do and then some. While I realize Ive had it a whole hour and fifteen minutes, I'm in love! It runs at lightening speed, plays and streams video & TV, music player wonderful and the camera amazing. Quality of the camera is not to bad! (well write more later when I use it more) I'm going to get a larger SD card for more room obviously, but for right now: totally happy! Even though it's only 7" screen, I really like it. It will fit well and not be bulky in my purse or my backpack for college. I know I'm rambling, but I'm just so excited with this purchase. Thank you Amazon!!
55 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2013
I purchased this tablet and a 32GB microSD card from Amazon and both arrived next day with Prime shipping. I've been an iPhone and iPad user for a few years now, but decided I wanted to go with a smaller tablet. The Galaxy Tab 2 definitely had a much better price point than the iPad Mini, so I decided to give the Android platform a try. The interface has been fairly intuitive even for someone like me coming from a strong iOS background.

The one disappointment (for lack of a better term) that I've had thus far is that the case covers the IR (infrared) port. This fact results in the Peel Smart Remote app not working to control my entertainment equipment. If I remove the tablet from the cover, it works great! It was a snap to connect with my Sharp Aquos TV, Yahama sound bar, and DirecTV HD DVR. I was then able to use the remote control app to switch the TV to other channels & shows using the recommended shows functionality of the app. I was also able to successfully power all of the devices on and off with the app. It's really unfortunate that this case is designed by Samsung specifically for this tablet only to have it block a major feature like that.

Other than that, the tablet has been great! I love the smaller size and weight compared to the iPad. The Galaxy Tab 2 came preloaded with the Kindle app, so I've been able to download several of my Kindle books to it.
33 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Garnet Red Edition arrived (ordered on Feb. 17th and arrived in NC on Feb. 21st). It was also easy to set up. The color is unique and simply amazing!!! The Galaxy Tab 2 does everything as advertised. I researched and debated purchasing the Kindle Fire HD as I was only looking for a fancy ereader. For a few bucks more than the Kindle Fire, I purchased the Galaxy Tab 2. My husband has everything Apple and will never stray. I refuse to purchase anything Apple to show him how overpriced I believe their devices are. His Ipad is great for his work and personal uses. But my Galaxy Tab 2 does the same tricks for all that I need, and the cost is much less. My Galaxy Tab 2 is fast, has expandable memory, takes great video, has great sound and, at 7 inches, is the best size for me. I took it to the Bobcats game last night and got great video of Michael Jordan on the floor watching Chicago spank our tails! The video color and speed are excellent. After realizing we could not win, I started reading a book with my Kindle app. Reading on the 7" screen was much better than straining my eyes with my little smartphone. Overall, I'd highly recommend the Galaxy Tab 2, and I look forward to taking it with me on an upcoming trip.
on February 14, 2013
To compare with Kindle Fire, this product wins, hands down! Sorry, Amazon....
I'm a complete lover of the Android OS for speed and ease of use. As already a user of a Galaxy SIII phone, setting up was a breeze! My already purchased apps were transferred without a hitch. My friend, who just also purchased a Tab, loves the Skype, something I havent tried, as of yet.
I truly believe that folks will be really pleased with this wonderful small tablet and the bundle has the cover included. I did get the 32GB external SD card and screen protector which I recommend. I made the mistake if ordering a cover, not realizing that such a NICE one was included. I will keep it as was only $16.00 and not worth the hassle of returning and it's a nice one as well.
My Only complaint is the difficulty these old, arthritic fingers encountered was opening the SD card package....man those SanDisc folks protect their product!
on February 20, 2013
Bought this for my wife for Valentine gift. It is most impressive! The Garnet color is awesome and the quality of the tablet is unsurpassed. Picture quality is top notch. Very quick to switch from one screen to the next. Would absouletly recommend this product.
on February 18, 2013
The product looks very elegant, simplistic and decent A very nice product, indeed! Although, the plastic looks of a great quality but still lacks in quality compared to the iPad mini. Still price wise it is a good product with little or no issues and not s showstopper. The design and UI was simple and elegant as intuitive as that of an Android. I had little issues operating the tablet so far. The red design looked very nice. This was given to my wife as she is happy with the gift so far. The price is very fair and a great substitute for an iPad mini. The multi-touch capacitive response sensing seems to be decent in most cases. It would be helpful if Samsung twitched this up a notch as this would give the iPad more run for the money not that it isn't anyway. I installed a high quality HD Screen protector to protect the glass. It appears that it works very decently but at times it appears to lack the sensing touch. I suspect it may be the same for the iPad mini or any Android tablets but I notice in comparison to my iPad 2, it still lacks the capacitive sensing in comparison. As for me and the wife, not a big deal but to many others that play challenging games, this may be an issue.

The device came with the red Garnet case and cover. In actual fact we are actually paying for the case as the cost is a bit more than the black color device being sold. The case seems to be fairly decent and protective. However, I would still be protective not to drop the tablet for any reason. However I do have an issue on the cover case that came with the tablet. My impression was that when you open the cover, the power will turn on or vice-versa but it does not appear to do that. I thought it might be a settings area but I could not locate it. It is not a show stopper but it would be nice to be able to do it since Samsung supplied the Case Cover.

There is another issue although minor - that it would be great if Samsung keeps up with the Android OS update like the Nexus does. This would allow the Tab 2 to keep pace with the Nexus 7 thus a better alternative at best.
It appears that the tablet is designed for standard basic use only. Surprising though coming from Samsung a leader in Electronics. There are no slots for mini HDMI if you plan to hook up to a TV to watch your basic shows. The other minor flaw is that there is no allowable settings to allow your new downloadable apps to be installed on your micro SD if you insert any. This would make this slot somewhat limited in scope.

The camera both front and back is decent for photos and video. It takes decent photos and videos but not great. Here is an area that Samsung has the ability to work on to enhance this area. Perhaps in the next version that can also add a LED light for better picture taking. The design is is not intended to replace a camera but to complement the aspect when needed.

All in all, this is still a great product but more needs to be looked at for it to be a iPad replacement. I like the product with it's simplistic design and UI incorporated into the Android OS. The battery life seems to be very good so far. I look forward to the next version - Tab 3 and do hope that all my wishes come true. Now that would be an ultimate iPad killer, I am sure. Overall, I give 4 thumbs up and would give more but I reserve that for the next upcoming version. Samsung keep up the good work!
on February 4, 2013
This Galaxy Tablet is the best yet! The operating system is great but the best thing about it is the classy cover. I know if every one could see the Galaxy in the Sleek cover Amazon would be out of stock. The best looking 7" tablet of all.
on February 15, 2013
I love this tablet. Worth the money. Camera is so/so. Speed is excellent. The color is awesome. Be sure to order a screen protector, i didn't and i have major finger smudges already :-). Would recommend. It's just the right size, light weight and easy to navigate.

Update: Tablet seems to be overheating, sometimes it gets stuck and won't budge. It doesn't navigate twitter or facebook easily. They take forever to load and before i finish looking at all my news feed, it freezes, the little circle goes round and round and round and round and round!!!!. Forget twitter, and it never updates in real-time for some reason. Most of my updates will say 1 second ago but when i look it up on my computer it states the tweet was sent 45 minutes ago....Thinking about sending it back. After an hour on this it gets hot and you have to close it out and restart.

Update #3- Seems my tablet has given up. died out. kicked the bucket.... It won't come back on at all...i will give it another day, if nothing tomorrow i will have to send it back...i've only had it for 3 months and it's a goner...not even 90 days...Wow!!!! I don't do any heavy surfing or gaming on it, i simply use it to check emails, instant msgnr, and search internet...this sucks...i have bought all kinds of skins and cases for this thing.
on March 24, 2013
Currently, other than the iPad mini, there really isn't a 7-8" tablet I would recommend other than this one for overall features and value. It is a significant improvement over the original Galaxy Tab. Running Android 4.1 makes it extremely current, meaning it will serve you well for at least 2 years. Some people feel that since it only had a dual core processor that the quad-core Nexus is better. The iPad mini also only has 2 cores, so do most phones available currently. It is smooth, quick, has an excellent Wi-Fi radio, it's durable, and has a beautiful screen. The sound is great. It comes with the cover, adding value. I have not been impressed with the Peel Smart app that is pre-installed to control the IR sensor as a remote control, but that isn't really a function I would use anyway. Most cable boxes and many newer TVs already have their own apps to control the device wirelessly anyway. I think there may be a couple "better" tablets available (the Galaxy Note 8", and the iPad mini are 2 to consider), but their price makes them not really worth it. Point is, this tablet may be almost a year old, but it is still very much current and capable, and will be for long enough to get quality use for your money. For the <$200 price, I wouldn't consider any other tablet unless I had >$350 to blow, but those other tablets are not going to offer much more functionality, just better specs. There are a number of Samsung pre-installed apps that I did not find useful, but for people who like the "Apple world", Samsung offers many of the same functions through it's own apps and Samsung account. For those that do not care for all of that, Android 4.1 allows you to disable any app you want. The icon is even hidden when you disable an app!!!