Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The DASH Diet for Weight Loss: Lose Weight and Keep It Off--the Healthy Way--with America's Most Respected Diet
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 16, 2012
Best diet plan I've ever tried. The best part about this book is that it includes a 28-day menu plan. That's the hardest part about any diet for me and to have it spelled out is great. And all the menus are everyday-type of cooking - with all the foods you might normally have. It's great and is working for me.
on December 6, 2012
I understand the premise behind the book. I have other DASH-centered books since I'm trying to reduce sodium. I thought this book would be just the ticket since following most low-calorie recipes in other books inevitably leads to a higher sodium diet than recommended. Foods marked "low calorie" very often have sodium that's incredibly high. One slice of no-fat cheese has almost 400 mg of sodium, a fact not mentioned in the book, but which should have been mentioned. DASH isn't just about calories. I wanted the book to cover lower calories plus lower sodium.

The book has gone into a lot of helpful detail, for which I'm grateful, but I'm finding that I need to consult the other DASH books and/or my computer to figure out how to fit the calories into a low-sodium program. Too, I don't understand how in the world three eggs would be one serving in any category. I had one microwaved "fried" egg today (spray a cereal bowl with Pam, break the yolk, cover with a saucer and nuke for 60 seconds) that totaled 70 calories for the egg and 140 calories for two slices of toast. It was was quite satisfying on the permissible grain allowance, and I added sliced tomato and a small tangerine for fruit/vegetable choices.

I am finding the book helpful, but to me, it's incomplete.
on July 4, 2012
I find this to be very sensible. It is easy to follow and I lost 7 pounds since I started it on June 5th.
on December 19, 2012
I love this book and find it very interesting but it will be hard to use this in the Kindle version as there are so many pages to keep referring back to. I wish I had purchased hard cover book instead of Kindle.
on November 7, 2012
this book exceeded my expectations. i find it simple to use and helpful. the recipes are user friendly and very tastey. i have recommended this to a sister and a friend, both of which bought the book and also find it wonderful. i have purchased other books in the same catagory.
on September 6, 2012
This book has a lot of good information for anyone looking for a more healthy way of cooking and eating. I highly recommend it.
on February 9, 2015
I got this book three of months ago and have been working off the recipes exclusively. My blood pressure went down from 159/89 to 110/76, and so far I've lost ten pounds. Disclaimer - I bet a lot of that is water weight, since I no longer am eating salt. We shall see what happens in the future. This book has some good recipes and a good deal of usable real-world information. It's something even someone like me with no self-control can stick to.
on April 28, 2014
I am so glad that I purchase this book, I will be on this diet for the rest of my life, due to hypertension. The diet makes sense to me and it is cleary printed to explain the concept of the diet. Thank you Amazon for carrying this informative book.
on April 7, 2013
Watched Dr. Oz's show featuring this diet. It was simple enough and it does not require running to the grocery store to purchase expensive ingredients to follow this diet. I purchased the Kindle/Droid version; it is easy to follow and adhere to. The only thing I need to purchase is willpower!
on January 21, 2014
This book is basically like all DIET books. You have to figure in age, height, and activity level. There is no easy "fix" but for folks who are over 65 and need to lose 25 lbs or less to be at an "ideal" weight there is no easy answer and this books certainly did not have it.