Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on May 2, 2014
I'll break it down a bit based on the item description
Cools air up to 30F: It's not working that well for where I'm living (but it IS supposedly 50% humid out, though it doesn't seem that way). Results may vary based on how dry or wet your climate is, but for me, it might make a slight different, but it's not noticeable enough to be called an air conditioner.
Runs on 4x batteries or USB power: So far I've only been able to test out the USB power, and it does work for that.
Adjustable analog speed control: The dial is VERY sensitive. It goes from off to max speed in about 1/5 of what the maximum turn of the dial is, so it technically has speed control, but 80% of the dial's possible turning doesn't matter.
Our cooling fan utilizes a 30db whisper-soft turbine system: It isn't that loud, but it is a noticeable noise. As a student on-the-go, I wouldn't use it in class (so if you're an office worker, don't bring it to important meetings), but it wouldn't attract too much attention when you're out and about.
90 degree vertical airflow control: The vent doesn't have 90 degree turning. I would say it's about 45 degrees.
Flat bottom surfaces allows easy transformation from a hand held fan to a desk fan: Completely true. It stands up and stays stable, and there's a strap to help you carry it around.
Extra notes: Based on what I've seen of the Handy Cooler, the sponge for this is not nearly as good of quality. It is not able to stay on the cover, so the air flow isn't going through the sponge as well as it could.

EDIT: After about an hour of use, it stopped working altogether. Could be just that unlikely event that my unit was one of the faulty ones, but buy at your own risk...
11 comment29 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2013
This is a fan and air conditioner that you can use as a hand held or plug it into a USB port and be comfortable while you're on the computer. It comes with a full size sponge for extra coolness, a USB cord and a small plastic bottle for extra water. I don't take the heat well so I am really enjoying it..There's a hand holder attached to the front for convenience.
0Comment27 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
If you keep you expectations realistic of this little device--it works great! It certainly isn't going to cool a room by any means, but if you are really hot natured, it is FABulous! My office at work gets the direct Western afternoon sun, so I'm sweating while everyone else is fine. I plug this into my USB port, and the air is definitely cooler than the ambient air. It really cools me down. (However, you can tell when the sponge starts to dry out). The USB cord doesn't seem to seat fully into the port, but it still seems to function normally.

I've also used this at home where we don't have AC (typical in Colorado). It really helps keep me cool despite the hot house!

I actually bought this to take on an upcoming trip to Mexico--because I HATE being hot. I read the reviews that say it doesn't work great in humidity, so I will update the review after our trip. I'm hoping it will keep me cooler when I am sweltering in the humidity!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on May 29, 2014
Really easy to use and really quite powerful. It doesn't have settings to adjust the speed of the fan, but I would have always used it on full power anyway so it doesn't bother me much at all.
on June 8, 2014
I'm pretty sure everyone giving this 1 star work for "Handy Cooler". I got this device(actually bought 2) because the a/c in my work vehicle broke. I'm in it a lot so I decided to try this. It works. Keeps me from sweating my but off like I usually do. Emits cold air. Granted I have to hold it pretty close to my face but it works. Can't beat the price.
11 comment8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2014
I thought it was going to be cooler. I live in AZ and although it blows cool air it doesn't blow hard or as cool as I had initially assumed. But it does work. Oh and maybe if the USB cord was was a little longer.
on May 30, 2014
This product was broken on arrival. It did not turn on with batteries or with usb. It seemed poorly made. The seller asked me to return it. UPS picked it up off my front porch the day after it was delivered and my money was promptly credited back to my account.
on July 12, 2015
Bought 4 of these, 1st one was Dead on Arrival, 2nd one had power switch issues (sometimes would turn on MOST of the time wont even work. 3rd, and 4th stop working within a day of opening it (used about total of 10 min at MOST). I should have read more of the other reviewers that gave this item a 1 star. The item is some really cheaply made Chinese knockoff of the real thing. The power switch is just ON or OFF, there is not speed control of the fan. The quality of the build is so poor that it feels like the plastic will fall apart on touch. Stay away from this cheap POS. If 1 of the 4 I bought broke I would have just thought its just bad luck but all 4 having issues make you wonder how users give them 5 star reviews.
on April 26, 2013
leaks all over cheap plastic heavy slow and usb cable makes it run slower.save your money and time not worth 5 bucks
on July 11, 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS! its trash! mine was broken rite out of the box. if i could give it no stars i would