Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on September 14, 2012
After days of searching the web ,places like eBay ,Harbor frieght and many,many others i found this heater here on Amazon, the price was much better than the other sites for a btu rating of 30,000 and having a blower all ready installed , the heater was a little bigger than i thought it would be, but not a problem ,i purchased it for my 12x16 ft work shop,it was actually an over kill, even though my work shop is not insulated this heater will roast you out if turn up on high, i only have to set it at about the number 2 setting to make my shop nice and comfertable, the heater shipped reasonably quick, it did arrive with a small dent in the left front corner due to rough handling by ups, but was a minor fix bending it back to shape, the instalation was easy and the blu flame looks awsome burning, it is quite quiet when on and the blower is nice and quiet to, i had it hooked up to a 50lb tank and it has barely used any propane, this would be a very nice heater for in the home too as a back up or to help warm up a house on a chilly morning, im having a new house built this spring and you can bet that there will be one of these in it, i am very pleased with this hearter and i highly recommend it. i live in NE Pennsylvannia, and we get some very cold winters here, with this heater going i love to do my tinkering in my shop now on a cold winter's day, my buddies come over to hang in my shop now in the winter to shoot the bs and my girlfriend loves that theres no tracking up her floors now because us guys are all out in the shop, if your looking to save on your home heating bill this heater is the ticket, if you have a hunting cabin and need something better than a wood stove this heater is your ticket, although it does have a blower you do not need electric to use this stove. it also is versable in the means of it can be use with natural gas to, a very simple little change to convert it over from propane if you desire, all changes are in the hearter its self no going to the store to buy this and that, i give this heater both thumbs up, a very satisfied customer here Sure Heat 30,000 BTU Blue Flame Dual Fuel Gas Space Heater with Thermostat and Blower
on November 11, 2012
The heater works great, I have no problems with it at all, I really love it, the blower when set on automatic starts up and then stays on for a short while after the heater goes off, but it is kind of loud. It was very easy to hook up, we had no problems with that, even came with the hook up line to hook it, it's a flexible line, (we replaced a old one that was broken). The only problem I had with this has nothing to do with the workings the heater itself, it's grill that goes on the front of it that was broken when we got it, it doesn't effect the heater any at all, just a little safety feature. I contacted the company and after several emails back and forth, they sent me out a replacement, or so I thought! The grill was way too small, so I sent off another email to the company and have not heard a word from them about it. I told them that if they sent me out the shipping label I would send one the 'new one' that is way too small back to them, like I said, I have not heard a word from them and that was on Oct., 23, 2012, probably won't hear back at them if it's taken this long! I love the heater, but would like the company even more if they would just either read their emails and replace the wire screen for the heater or just tell me that I'm not getting one to replace it, that the warranty doesn't cover it, (which it should!), it's suppose to come with a one year warranty I believe. I ordered the heater on the 24th. of Sept., and it came shortly after that, but like I said, after receiving the wrong replacement part, I contacted Sure Heat again and have not heard a word from them at all, I would recommend the heater, it does heat very well and works really great, but if I'm having this kind of problem with the company, I think I would order from another company if I'm wanting to ever replace it. ***I just wanted to update everyone about the company, I DID finally get email from them today, 11/12/12 and they said they never got my email I sent on the 23rd. of Oct., and asked if I still wanted a replacement, I replied to them that yes I still would like a replacement and if they sent a shipping label I would send the smaller one back we had received. This was just a little while again and I will keep updating as progress is being made. I did tell the gentleman that had wrote to me that I would correct this review, (I had sent them a copy with the link for this review), and as promised I am keeping my word on that. So, let's see what happens.***//****UPDATE-12/15/12****I received the new replacement today as promised, since that was the only problem I had with this heater, I have upgraded the stars to a 5 star rating! This heater is better at heating then I expected! It's not been down below zero here yet, but so far on the lower 20 degrees outside, the highest number we turn up to on the knob is around the number 2! I would certainly recommend this heater if you're looking for a great heater with a blower included that really warms the place up! And I want to say a personal thank you to 'JR' for handling the email part of the messages to straighten this up.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2013
Easy to install and works like it should. I live in Michigan and it gets cold here. I can work in the garage no matter how cold it is outside. I just tapped into the natural gas line in the house and mounted the heater to the wall in the garage and followed the instructions on how to light the heater and presto, the heat came pouring out and the thermostat works great then fan blows the heat. I set the thermostat just below the number one and so far i haven't had to turn the dial up higher. Bang for the buck.
on June 4, 2014
As natural gas has become available to my rural house, I was in the market to replace my propane Vanguard wall heater installed by the gas company 14 years ago. This heater is only used to heat the basement when there is a prolonged electrical outage so cost is more of a concern than it would be if daily use was the goal.
For the low price, this heater offers a few things that are options for other brands : installed blower, thermostat, connection kit, 'legs' if you wish it to be freestanding.
Upon arrival, I found that the three pop-rivets holding one side to the bottom had failed and I had to replace them. The connection kit was not in the box and has not been shipped a month after I reported this to the company. Fortunately the gas company installed the heater in the exact same space as my previous one without needing the connection kit.
Although this heater plainly says it is for 'natural gas' only, the internal parts are clearly stamped 'ProCom' and are the same ones used in dual fuel heaters - two pilot lights, etc. The only modification seems to be that the knob used to switch from propane to natural gas and back has been removed. A screwdriver or pair of pliers could easily do what the knob did.
The heater fired right up upon installation and the blower fan blew a rather limited stream of heat outward. The thermostat will not be tested in the forseeable future in my basement as the outside temps are topping out at 90 nowadays.
For the price, the heater meets my expectations. The sheet metal is not the thickest and may have straight cut vent holes rather than the cute curvy ones shown in the illustration, the blower may not pin you to the opposite wall with its force and a better level of quality control may have prevented the pop rivet failures or missing connection kit but I am giving the Chinese credit for producing a cheap heater for my periodic needs.
on November 14, 2014
I purchased this in November 2013 and didnt need it last winter. Living in South Texas has its perks. However I finally hooked it up yesterday just to have it work for about 10 minutes and then it just goes out. Pilot and everything. I shouldnt have to relight this thing every time we turn around. It heats ok but I am very dissappointed that the pilot does not stay on. Dont waste your money or time. This heater is definately not worth it.
on June 22, 2014
This little heater heats up a room in no time. You can set it to a certain number after you decide which is best, as there is no digital thermostat. You pick a number to set it on and you can see the flame rise as you go up in numbers. Set up is fairly easy if you are handy at all. I am a 62 year old grandmother and I did it. Ok, I did have a little help with tightening up some of the valves. Can't be too careful you know! The directions that came with it are very well written. I had a question about propane usage, so I called the company. The man on the other end of the phone was most helpful and I think would have trotted on out here to help if he could have! I use it with a large propane tank and heat a little conservatory for my citrus with it. I used it for three months and used very little propane. It has a fan but I have not needed it
on September 26, 2014
IF this heater had arrived undamaged and with the installation kit included as advertised, I would gladly rate it much higher. However, it arrived with a large dent in the lower right front corner, where it can be clearly seen. The heater was already dented when it was placed in the shipping box as the box had no signs of UPS mishandling and was intact. It is advertised as coming with the installation flex line but I had to go out and spend an additional $30 to purchase one plus the other needed fittings. If it hadn't been so late in the year and already getting cold here in Alaska, I would have sent it back! But, I needed it to work and thankfully it does do the job as advertised, just in an ugly way.
on October 1, 2014
I love this heater it works great..I have used this heater for one year bought it in September 2013 I love the way it works it helps with keeping my light bill down during the winter this heater will heat my whole house if I use bathroom heaters or work's great with heating unit this heater will heat my whole house it cuts off and on the fan in the heat when it reaches temperature very good product
on October 13, 2013
Just installed and works great. Heats my basement and I don't have to turn it on high. Very easy to install and automatic blower is a plus.
on March 22, 2013
The heater is good enough, and puts out adequate heat. Not real stable on its legs and would probably be better if mounted on the wall, but that does not fit my space. The first heater I received had some cosmetic issues, but Amazon quickly sent me a replacement, so overall I'm satisfied.