Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sport-Brella Breeze XL Canopy - Portable 8-foot Sun Shelter
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

VINE VOICEon October 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'll get the major con regarding this product out of the way first: Though this canopy certainly provides shade, having used it in the bright sun in higher temperatures I can say that the shade only does so much. Perhaps it's the material it's made out of, but after a couple of hours in the sun it was like an oven under the canopy. On the flip side of that, another day I tried to use it it was very windy out and that made it a lot harder to set up - plus I'm just not sure the stakes would really take well enough in certain types of ground on windy days (we were using it in an area where the ground is like clay so it worked okay for us, but a beach? I doubt it).

Outside of the wind, though, it is easy to set up. Price is okay - a little more than I would like to pay for something like this, but comparable to similar products from what I can tell. It's definitely very portable, which is nice.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a family-sized sun shelter. It consists of a heavy-duty, light-weight floor tarp and a sheer blue nylon canopy held up by light-weight poles. There are 5 poles altogether: 2 long light-weight fiberglass tension poles for the sides, 1 short fiberglass tension pole for the center, and 2 heavier folding poles attached to the floor mat. Folded up, all of this fits into a blue nylon carrying duffle with a good-sized shoulder strap. Unfolded, the canopy measures 7 1/2 feet long by 5 1/2 feet deep at ground level. The two side poles, when assembled, measure just over 12 feet long. With the side poles inserted into the edges of the canopy, the top of the roof is a little over 4 feet off the ground. This allows clearance for a short- to medium-sized person to sit on a standard-sized chair in the middle of the shelter. Tall people may need to sit on low chairs or on the ground for clearance inside the shelter, and only children can expect to stand up inside. Also included in the bag is a set of tie-downs for windy weather (eight 6-inch ground stakes and 4 ties) wrapped up in their own small bag. Altogether, the kit weighs just over 6 pounds. The sun shelter is made in China and comes with a 90 day limited warranty.

I found the sun shelter relatively easy to assemble. I got it together in 9 minutes the first time, despite the fact that I never found the assembly instructions until I was done (they were wrapped up in the stake bag). It took me 8 minutes to get the sun shelter disassembled and back in the bag again. That's a bit longer than the 2-minute setup claimed by Sport-brella, but I'm sure I'll get faster with time, especially if another person is around to help out. I found it a bit challenging to get the folded up sun shelter back in the carrying bag, and the seams on the bag are already showing some stress after just one use. Thus, it's very important to take the time to wrap the shelter neatly and tightly before trying to put it in the carrying bag.

I found the shelter quite comfortable to sit or lie down in. It provides great shade while allowing for maximum air circulation. For windy beach days, it's much better than an umbrella since as long as you're sitting in it or park your chair or other things on the floor tarp, it's not going to fly up and blow across the beach. The shelter can be set up with a long side facing the action, or you can turn the shelter 90 degrees and partially lift the canopy to either let more sun in or take up less lateral space. Smokers should note that you are supposed to keep flame and heat sources away from the canopy fabric.
VINE VOICEon October 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was so excited when I saw this offered. I've wanted something that I could take with me to the park, the beach, or use in the backyard. It's easy to put up and easy to take down.One person wrote that it was VERY HOT. Yes, it gets warm but I find it cooler than being in the direct sunlight. You can put a medium-sized chair in there (yes, IT FITS!) but don't expect much wiggle room. I love this item and I think you will too! (I can't wait until it cools down and I can get outside more often!)
on January 3, 2016
Took this to the beach, it was breezy but not windy and this thing could not stand up. No matter now I orientated it to the wind it just bend and laid down. It was totally useless. I took it to an event at my daughter's school and set it up in a protected courtyard on the grass. It worked better but still it seemed the slightest breeze and it was bend and swaying. It is poorly and cheaply designed. I had high hopes for convenience and easy of carrying but feel like I just wasted money. If I could have sent it back for a return I would have.
on July 21, 2014
I love this thing!!! OK.... So we go camping in the woods and was going to use this with low seated beach chairs so we could sit under it and watch corn hole games if it was really sunny. As it turned out, we had hardly any sun the whole 5 days. Instead we got soaked 4 out of the five days! This canopy turned out to be a life saver for the dogs!! We put their bedtime/timeout kennels under it which saved the much needed room under our trailer awning! They stayed dry and happy! Probably will get another one so we can use it for us!
on June 25, 2014
It looks great when assembled but assembly is not the easiest. The top bar has a difficult time staying in its correct position to keep the nice arch. It does do the job though just expected something a little more convenient.
on July 31, 2014
Great for the beach. It's a lot harder to put up than an umbrella, but it's a better overall.
The bag is too small after you initially pull out the canopy. The bag is easy to rip the handle off.
It fell off my shoulder and landed at my elbow and the handle tore off.
I will be contacting the manufacture for a replacement.
VINE VOICEon September 9, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Several months ago I brought a little pop up tent that is a bit like like this only it's open on three sides and a bit smaller. When I saw this Sport-Brella Breeze Canopy I thought this might be a better option for the beach and soccer games because it is more compact for transport. Unfortunately, what you gain in portability you wind up paying for in terms of set up and break-down. Our other tent can be set up by one person in less than a minute and broken down and packed away in about two or three minutes. This canopy took two adults about ten minutes to set up following the Ikea-like pictogram instructions. Once we had it set up I sent my toddler under the canopy with her older sister. Within minutes my oldest daughter was complaining about the heat. So I went under the canopy to check it out and it was like an oven on an 80 degree day at noon. The floor of this canopy gets VERY hot. It's like a sun magnet. I noticed that the canopy was blocking the very refreshing breeze so I turned it around and pulled up the one side to try out the other configuration. It allowed the breeze to come through, but it was still stiflingly hot under the canopy.

Now, if you can tolerate the heat under this thing, you may like this canopy. You can easily set up a folding soccer mom chair or two under this canopy. And there's certainly enough room for a few kids to play in this thing.

When it came time for me to break down this canopy I was doing it alone. It took me about eight minutes to break it down. I found it rather frustrating that the canopy is like a sail once the supports are out of it. If you don't have another set of hands to help you with folding this up on a breezy day, it will take a bit of time to get it folded up small enough to go back in the tiny little bag.

For the price point at which this is being sold, I think I'd look for another option. Personally, I prefer the little pop up beach tent we got at Target for under $25 to this canopy.
on August 6, 2014
This sportbrella is perfect for my pasty white skin! It was easy to set up and kept me shaded on the beach. It also had a nice wind tunnel effect that kept me cool. Several people noticed it and walked by to ask about it and even then I recommended it. There really is only room for two adults if you're sitting in a low beach chair. It was also nice to have when and afternoon shower started. We were able to pull all our gear in and stay dry until it past. I highly recommend this if you want some quick quality shaded and don't want keep moving your umbrella around as the sun moves.
on September 24, 2014
Works great. It comes with 8 six-inch stakes which worked fine on a very windy beach for us. I will be purchasing longer ones when I get a chance. We set up with the wind blowing through the always open ends. The tarp floor makes a world of difference to keep sand out of everything. Two of us were in it with beach chairs and were able to set up either way without issue.