Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on December 7, 2013
This is the best heater I have and I have 5 - 2 Optimus, 2 Holmes, and 1 Lasko. I have plenty because I'm always cold and can't live without one especially in the winter. I sometimes use a heater in the summer b/c the AC in my office is freezing. Anyway, I had the old model that was recalled for over a year (maybe even 2) and exchanged it with the new model thru the company. The company was a pleasant to deal with. Optimus listened to their customers by making the lower heating element to turn on on 400 watts. Awesome! This heater is great because it's quiet, only 400/800 watts, and it's plenty hot. I could feel the heat from 5 ft away. It simulates a fireplace. I hope it lasts longer than 2 years and that Optimus won't stop making it. I absolutely l love it!
on December 23, 2013
I received the Optimus H-5511 quartz heater this morning, Very nice little heater. It is lite and has 2 settings, 400 and 800 watts. I used it for 6 hours today, It will heat a small room very nicely. It how ever will not heat up a large room such as a large living room, But for the price it is keeping my 11X10 den pretty warm. It is quiet and at 800 watts it puts out good heat, My other heater is a 1500 watt ceramic heater and will not heat my den as well as this heater does.
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2014
Ever since the old model of this machine was recalled, I've been regretting the day I turned mine in. No other heater but this design has the power to heat my room and not blow out the power. I have old wiring in an old house and a sensitivity to cold. Every space heater blows out my power except this machine. My room stays warm and toasty. It has a safety feature that will turn it off if it's tipped over. However if it's covered, it won't turn off. Like with all electric heaters, keep an eye on it if you don't want your house to burn down. Always keep other items away from it as well.

UPDATE 4/27/14
Well my machine just died on me... It hasn't even been a full 5 months. It just turned itself off and won't come on anymore. I came here to see if anyone else had problems and apparently I'm not the only one. I'm very disappointed. This machine used to be the best. Down to 3 stars.
77 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2014
I love this infrared space heater. Even on the low setting it does a very nice job of providing warmth where I want it. The heater is is attractive in design, light-weight, totally noiseless, and trouble free. The back of the heater and even the top remain relatively cool to the touch, but when the heater is placed two or three feet from a chair, it warms the occupant nicely. At the low 400 watt setting it may not do much to raise the temperature of an entire room. Even at the high setting (800 watt), it's only going to help heat a room--not do the entire job. But that misses the point. This unit provides ample warmth for a single individual . . . when and where it is wanted.

I prefer this space heater to most other models (with the possible exception of micathermic space heaters), and I have tried them all. Do be aware, however, that this unit does not come with an internal thermostat. There is tip-over and overheating protection, but the lack of a thermostat limits your ability to keep a steady room temperature.
on December 26, 2013
Great space heater. I had this at work and ordered one for my desk at home. It warms the immediate area well. I never use it at the 800 W setting, the 400 W one is just the right temperature. What I like best about it is that it is quite and has no fan, so my papers on the desk don't go flying and I don't have to listen to the noise of a fan. The only thing I would like to see improved is that the 400 W setting should turn on the top heating element - it worked that way on the older model I have at work and that's even better, as I only use it at 400 W and when the lower heating element is on it heats the desk surface area a bit too much, so I need to be careful to not put things directly in front of it. Still the best desk space heater I have seen/tried, and I have tried many.
on November 17, 2013
Very warm and efficient for just 400 watts or 800 watts settings. I had it for one year and I love it. I am getting another one.
on December 13, 2013
This is the second one of these heaters we've purchased. Its quiet and warm. Its quiet because it doesn't have a fan so it works better in a smaller area.
on July 20, 2014
It stopped working after two weeks. I will not recommend anyone else to buy it.
on October 3, 2015
I have two of the older models of this and they are great. Apparently they had a problem with not turning off soon enough if close to curtains so they came out with this model and I ordered one and... had problems with it working from the start and finally took out the turnover switch on the bottom and it was broke. Figured it was just mine but from the comments here seems like it is widespread. I was able to understand why the turnover switch was broke (broken plastic) and was able to jam a small piece of plastic in there and got it working. Broke again and got it working again. However, at least with mine, if I turn on the high setting it turns off in short order. So, only good on the low setting.

The older models were 5 star and the best available but the newer model... I just gave 3 stars. Using it right here but it cannot go on the high setting. Optimus is getting by on their past history with this heater but they better fix the problems or they are not gonna have any customers left.
on October 16, 2014
very quiet, produces sufficient heat for the size, but cuts off in the first sign of humidity, or heat, then you have to reset it (off, then back on). I find I "fidget" with these 2 heaters more than I should.