Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 8, 2014
I used these as guide lines on a buttercream wedding cake. I was using butter cream, not fondant, so I had to imprint them onto the cake. It worked pretty well, but the plastic is a bit stiff for trying to bend to the curves of a round cake. For fondant work, it would work better if it were laying on a flat surface. This is just my opinion and I'm not a professional.
review image
11 comment|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2015
I had to make a 20th wedding anniversary cake recently & the customer told me she wanted scrolls on her cake & that I could do them any way I wanted to. I remembered buying this impression mat a while back, but never got to use it so I decided to try it out & I was very happy with the result! I was a bit worried the mat wouldn't work good on buttercream icing since that is what I was icing the cake with, but it worked really well! After I smoothed the cake out I put the mat against each side & pressed somewhat hard all over the mat so it would leave the imprint. After each use I wiped the mat clean to make sure it wouldn't stick to the cake. It peeled off easily without damaging the cake & I could easily see the imprints. I then used a tip #3, with buttercream I piped along the patterns. This size tip easily filled in the lines & dots. I found it very easy to use on buttercream, but I imagine it would be even easier on fondant. I find square cakes are easier to work with impression mats than round cakes, but it will work on both shapes & icings. Now that I tried one of them I can't wait to try out the other patterns!
on June 23, 2014
The designs are ok, but not great. The designs are really "fat", when you imprint it on your cake, you will have to use a very large writing tip to cover up the impression. Would have liked a more delicate imprint.
on July 7, 2014
Used these for an order this week and they were awesome! Flexible enough to wrap around your cake without cracking. I've been doing my quilting by hand with a ruler for years, and this was so much more accurate in a fifth of the time. Would highly recommend to both professional and amateur decorators.
on October 26, 2015
When using this product seems a lil dificult but works great just pratice. great for my business @mysulcetreats
on November 30, 2015
So glad I bought this. I used the large diamond print for a tiered baby shower cake. I used a fondant paddle from HOSL 4 Sets (11pcs) Sugarcraft Icing Cake Smoother Fondant Cutter Embosser Rolling Pin Modeling Tool Kit Set to smooth the Diamond Panel onto the fondant. They lined up fairly nicely. I used too much frosting on the inside so it didn't imprint very deep, will correct for next cake. They are super easy to clean and will last as long as you take care of it. 4 panels included one package. So many other things could be done with these.
on March 8, 2016
I am gonna be honest, with the price of these i honestly thought they would be very flimsy and really cheap made, but when i got them and seen the quality i was actually really surprised. they're not cheap made at all and would recommend these to anyone that needs guides or embossing and piping a cake. i haven't tried them, but when i do i will update on the quality, but i am sure they will empress me which they already have. Don't hesitate on purchasing these or listen to others that say they aren't any good because they are well worth the 4.65 i spent on them. will buy the other set they offer as well.
on November 27, 2015
I bought these for what I assumed would be a simple way to decorate a first birthday fondant covered cake for my niece. I consider myself to be an above average or somewhat skilled baker, however these are not easy to use. You need to use considerable force (without messing up the fondant you just laid on the cake or breaking the cake itself) in order to make the impression deep enough to follow the lines with your piping. Since the plastic sheets are not very pliable, you also somehow have to match up the spot where you left off to meet the new place you want the design to continue and then again press very hard hoping you don't ruin your cake. Not recommended.
on July 7, 2015
I have mixed feeling about this product... It does give a really good impression on fondant/gum paste. The lines are nice and clean and easy to see, but here lies the problem... The length does not go around a circular cake perfectly. It over lapse and does not give you a clean finish. I had to recover my cake and embellish it another way to get the diamond effect I wanted. So if you need it to look flawless don't use this! But if you have decorations to cover up the overlap, you're good to go!
on July 27, 2014
needed this guide for a wedding cake order, was the most complicated imprint I could find and the cake the bride wanted had a complicated (even more so than the imprints available), but it worked and worked well. Had to use it over buttercream, not fondant, and as long as I let it "set up" for a bit before using the mat, no worries. trying to rush it while the frosting is too wet just made a mess, so I had to learn to be patient with it.