Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 4700 Lumens|Change
Price:$1,162.02+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on November 26, 2014
In pursuit of the best outdoor cinema experience, I upgraded my deck top entertainment system recently to the EH500 to take advantage of the full 1080p 3D picture and extremely high 4700 lumen output. I was not disappointed. Even though my previous projector was able to produce 720p 3D at around 3600 lumen, on a nearly 15 ft.' screen, the detail is like night and day with this projector viewing Blu-ray 3D movies. Even 720p broadcast events on ESPN (Football) looks brighter and sharper than my previous projector. This is a good price point model for home entertainment.
on November 4, 2015
I've purchased several projectors in the past, from 3m, Hitachi, NEC, Benq, I have to admit I like this one the best. I am projecting on a 125 inch 16:9 screen and the picture is incredible! I've seen reviews where they comment on the loudness of the fan, I really don't notice it, especially with the surround sound going. Also. the 3d - AMAZING. I was extremely skeptical. I looked at it as a novelty thing. I'm now a believer, we purchased 2 sets of the active glasses - $40 for a set of 4, great! My only complaint is the turn on time, It takes about 30 seconds or so to fully light up. My Hitachi took about 5-10. PS, Ive been using this for about a month now. Gonna recommend this to my friends church - Next purchase will be a black diamond screen. Hope this helps
on November 25, 2015
Our church was looking to upgrade our entire video system including going to full 1080 HD. We needed a new projector for the sanctuary which holds around 850 people all on one level. The search was on for a brighter projector capable of giving us full HD capabilities as well as being able to bring in standard def video as well from a computer that is used from time to time. This had all the features we were wanting and a 3-year warranty that was one of the better coverages out there. We also purchased a new HD screen (16' x 9') to replace the current screen we had which was for standard def. We swapped out the old one for the Optoma and nothing but great results! The video signal comes from a Tricaster 850 on 4.5 GHz cable and then we used an SDI to HDMI powered converter at the unit and have a 3' HDMI cable from the converter into the Optoma. The unit hangs from our ceiling about 32' from the screen. Adjusting the image to the screen was very easy and we have nothing but compliments from everyone.
on July 11, 2014
This is an absolutely fantastic projector! I use it in a conference type setting and everything works flawless. It runs quiet for its size and I have never had a complaint even in a tight setting. Everyone is amazed at the quality of picture even with the all the lights up. Great buy.
on May 17, 2016
Pretty good projector, although there are some newer alternatives, such as the Optima EH501. This EH500 doesn't look bad though. I have some that have lasted a couple years with no problems. Contrast isn't amazing but light output is good, so these are good when you can't remove all the ambient lighting in a room.
on December 15, 2015
Saw this projector at a friends house and knew this wouldn't be a let down. However, I'm restricted to only using this at night. With the current situation I have, too many windows makes this (or any projector) impossible to watch but that's my fault not the projector. All in all...can't beat 4700 lumens in 1080 for the price.
on May 25, 2016
Bought two of these for a church setup. They are bright and come with a lot of connection option. Image quality is nice. Fan runs quietly.
I do wish it had a horizontal keystone control. This caused a bit of a problem in the setup since it needs to be perfectly lined up to the screen. And it needed more distance than my older cheaper projector to fill the screen.
However, considering the brightness and the price point, it's a nice projector.
on March 7, 2016
Bought for office / marketing use. Everyone who sees the output of this thing exclaims how beautiful it is. We have many other Optoma projectors, and I wish I understood why this one looks so much better - maybe because it outputs about 40% more lumens than anything else we have.

It is not small, light, low cost, or particularly quiet. But nobody cares about any of that, as the thing that matters most - the picture - is the best we've ever seen. Everything else - connections, buttons, menus, etc., they are all fine too and what we are used to from our earlier Optoma projectors.
on May 3, 2014
Only down side is it is designed to be mounted to the ceiling upside down, so it required the bracket to do so…
Looks great nice & quiet, remote / GUI interface is well designed - even has a laser pointer and comes with a nice carry case and lens cover included!
on February 20, 2015
It does what it says it will do. I streamed an HD Africa from Amazon instant video, and it came in 3D...
You don't need anything else other than DLP glasses. It already has a built in DLP 3D synchronization...
Picture is in 1080P crystal clear. However projector that I have received needs to be calibrated...the colors on the grid pattern are a little bit off...
If you have built a projector, at least test it before it's shipped to consumer market...
Another thing that I don't understand is, how it's possible that streams contest from Amazon instant video in 3D...in a sequential frame mode...
But it doesn't in any other...side by side or up and down...
I got 100" Elite Screens as a screen and when it comes to screen size, The bigger is better...
Anything over 120" will compliment this projector...140" or 160"...and picture is still crystal clear...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse