Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 20, 2015
We moved our AV from the ground to an elevated mechanical platform at the back of the sanctuary. This projector's short throw and bright image was perfect. Text and musical notation can easily be seen from the far end of the sanctuary. We were able to purchase this projector for cheaper than what is would have cost to rent a high lift to hand a traditional projector from the ridge beam.
review image
on June 10, 2015
I think my projector may have an issue. First off, there were fingerprints on the lens when I received it, making me think it was previously opened. When I fired it up, the image is about 3 feet above the table where it is placed. In other words, to get it to be where I need it to be, I need to tilt the back end down severely, or put it on the floor. I have been all through the settings menus, and nothing comes close to correcting this feature.

I may return it if I can't figure it out. On the plus side, it is pretty bright, and I love the short throw distance.
on August 15, 2015
I love this short throw projector. In a classroom with very little space available I am still able to project a picture that is huge and all the students can see clearly. If there is a down side it is that the unit has only one hdmi input.
on May 11, 2015
Works awesome. We use it as our tv in the basement: mainly movies streaming and gaming. Short throw projectors are excellent. We ended up placing it under the coffee table and it projected great onto our 11ft screen.

One piece of advice, don't adjust it's location until you actually set it up projecting whatever will be hooked up to it. We tried to adjust it based on the blue screen and really really struggled, finally figured it out. But once we hooked up the PS3 to it the image as all misaligned. So hook up whatever you are going to project, and adjust based on that. The blue screen is not accurate footprint of what you will want. Save yourself the time.
on February 16, 2016
Teacher loves it as it gets the rolling cart out of the middle of the room. Husband set it up alone so not as complicated as I feared. It did take some thinking and tweaking to get it to fit the universal arm I purchased, but got it done.
on June 18, 2014
Found note on google that this projector often has a loose board when received. Squeeze the projector over the board and the lines go away. Did not have to return the projector and is has work fantastic ever since.
on June 11, 2015
Amazing quality. Huge picture without having to be across the room. The unit does not work well sitting on a flat surface like a chair or a table because it must be angled downward due to the convex lens - this can be accomplished by placing the unit on the floor with a 2x4 under the backside of the unit. It works much better with a ceiling mount. I have only used this projector in a dark room at night, so I cannot comment on how bright it is in a living room during the day. Side-by-side with other projectors I've used (short throw - "wide" - Dell and standard throw Optoma) there is no contest - this is the best I've seen for the price.
on February 11, 2015
It's exactly what I expected to be. The 3200 lumen power gives the exact needed for a closed room and even when some sunlight comes in, it is perfect for sports (the light and colors in sports help a lot). One issue that I would change is that there's no optic zoom only digital. Although the digital zoom works fine, it only makes the screen larger, not smaller (only like 2 or 3 points smaller).
on March 17, 2015
at first this projector seemed to be a wonderful short throw for me. but then a few months in of use on the weekends it failed on me with a glitches running across the projected image both vertically and horizontally. so thinking that it must have just been a faulty unit i contacted warranty for a replacement. the replacement process was smooth and i guess about as quick as could be expected. but within a month or two and only having been used a handful of times it had the same sort of failure with the projected image being messed up by a large horizontal black bar and a vertical strip across the projected image... so basically this projector is not reliable AT ALL and i would venture to say that the rest of Optoma Projectors are the same quality. DO NOT GET THIS PROJECTOR it WILL fail!
on April 24, 2015
resolution is good but the short throw projectors needs serious adjusting because of awkward angles and this one does not have a robust image fitting software tool. it needs on badly