Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on July 12, 2015
Was hesitant, but my sons bed is very shallow. Wanted a mattress that wouldn't block his head board.
This is comfy. Not bouncy or cushy enough to be jumping on or toss my kid onto his bed, but laying on it (adult or child) it is comfortable. It's soft conforming foam, but also firm enough to support. I worried if I laid on it I would feel the bed board under me, but the different layers of foam prevent such a thing.
It came in a tiny box. It was actually very hard to get out of its plastic bag. Once out it smelled a bit, but after airing out outside about an hour it was fine.
review image review image review image
on July 28, 2014
I bought this for an IKEA Kura bunk bed and it works great for the top bunk!
77 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Color: Khaki|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The product description identifies this as a "youth" mattress, which is a loosely-defined specialty size for children's mattresses made prior to 1980 and, while the actual size varied a bit, they were generally about 33 inches wide x 66 inches long. The actual Sleep Master mattress being sold here however is really a standard twin size measuring 39" wide by 75" long. It is delivered compressed in a box roughly 12" x 12" x 40". When the shipping bag inside the box is literally ripped open (it takes a little muscle strength) there is an airtight bag inside that you remove and the foam mattress immediately starts to uncompress. The manufacturer states that to reach its full 5" height takes about 48 hours and bedding should not be used until then. That's a good recommendation because the mattress will also have the typical fumes associated with any foam product (in other words, it stinks). After a couple of days, however, the smell is almost completely gone.

I would classify this as somewhere in-between a standard mattress and a very high quality topper as it shares the properties of both. It is okay but not the best for laying directly on a bedframe or floor. If used on top of a soft mattress it doesn't have enough "backbone" to be fully supportive. However when place atop a firm bed foundation (I'm using one from IKEA) it is perfectly supportive while being comfortably plush. It is one of the most ideal mattresses I have slept on in a long time. There is just enough memory foam to sink into yet the thicker layer of dense foam doesn't let you sink too far. The combination of foams reduces pressure points almost to non-existence. I would say it would provide comfortable support for someone up to about 250 pounds.

No, this is not a super-deep interspring mattress, it would be unreasonable to expect that for under $100, but 5" is not exactly "thin" either. Thick or thin a mattress is better described by its firmness than its depth. The bottom line is "is it comfortable"? The answer is yes, more so than would be expected at the price. The quality of construction is also nicer than I would have expected. I have paid close to $100 for mattress toppers that are only 2" thick and are nowhere in the same league as this mattress.
66 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2014
I have now received 2 of these mattresses. The first we returned because it was not as described. We were assured it would be rectified upon receipt of the replacement. It was not. Here are the relevant details. What we received was 4" thick. It was so soft that my 35lb 3 year old bottomed out on it. It is not one continuous piece of foam, but instead 3 panels, connected by fabric covering. There was no "flame retardant liner" as decribed. The gaps between the 3 panels are such that it is very noticeable when laying on the fabric. The box literally reads "3 piece foam mat" which would lead one to believe it is not, in fact, a mattress at all. When the cover is unzipped, the foam does not look like what is pictured, instead there is about 1" of foam rubber over 2" of what resembles rug pad and then another 1" of very soft foam. Needless to say, this one is going back as well.
on January 28, 2015
I bought three of these 5" memory foam twin mattresses is for 9, 7, and 4 year old boys. They were having trouble sleeping on their old coil style mattresses so I opted for memory foam.
The mattresses are setup on platform beds (basically a sheet of plywood set on top of bed slats) so the foundation is pretty solid. This caused the overall support to be firmer than i expected, but it is still VERY comfortable. I am 6 ft and 165lbs and would have no problems sleeping with this setup. None of the boys weight more than 60 lbs so they barely sink in past the premium memory foam layer. My 4 year old stated "Its like I am a baby sleeping on a cloud." They all love the mattresses and seem to be more rested upon waking in the mornings.
The mattress came tightly rolled up in a plastic bag, which you are instructed to literally tear off (it takes a little muscle). I laid them out so that they could reconstitute and straighten out. The instructions recommend 48 hours, but I found that after 3-4 hours the mattresses had fully expanded. Meaning they were 39 X 75 X 5. There was a SLIGHT odor upon opening the plastic bag, but this subsided after a minute or two.
I am very happy with this product, and so are the kids.
on December 14, 2015
This is very comfortable! I aired it outside for about 24 hours and didn't notice a bad smell. It was a bit difficult to get it out of the package but that's to be expected since its compressed. It's perfect for my sons bunk bed. But it's seriously comfortable even for an adult.
review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon March 16, 2014
Color: Khaki|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This 5" memory foam twin mattress is for a 7 year old. She had a choice between a spring mattress and this one, and she picked the memory foam, which I think is probably a good choice for a growing child, since it is firmer and the texture is more consistent, especially over time.
It is set up on a metal frame, and a conventional box spring, and the mattress on top of the box spring, which all work well together.
I was worried that my fitted sheets might not fit well, because the spring mattress is thicker, but, to my surprise, they fit just fine.
The mattress came tightly rolled up in a plastic bag, and it was left, as recommended, for several days so that it could reconstitute and straighten out. This works fine.
Although the paperwork that came with it stated that there might be an odor from the mattress for a few days, this mattress was completely odorless from the start.
I am very happy with this product, and so is the seven year old.
Since we live in Florida, I was a little concerned that the mattress might retain a lot of heat, but, since it is only March now, it is difficult to comment on that specifically, but we keep the house well air conditioned, and I do not anticipate problems.
I would recommend this mattress as a very good buy for a child's bed. Our little one is delighted with it, and it is a good surface for her to sleep on. She has some allergies, and this mattress does not aggravate them at all.
on April 24, 2016
We are very pleased with my son's new mattress. We just got him a DHP loft junior bed and paired it with this mattress. It was packaged securely and did require a bit of strength to unpack completely but it was light and VERY IMPORTANTLY ODOR FREE!
on April 28, 2016
Surprisingly comfortable! I figured since it is only 5", I wouldn't get much support, but I was pleasantly well rested after taking a quick nap on the new bed. It did take a few days for the smell to dissipate, but once it did, it was wonderful. The pink color is exactly what my daughter wanted for her bed.

We have the Kura bed from IKEA, and our daughter really wanted to use the bunk bed. This mattress is the perfect size for the bed, and is more comfortable than the mattress available at IKEA.
on July 13, 2015
I bought this mattress for my 5 year old's trundle bed and am regretting it. The mattress smells so strongly (a sickly sweet chemical smell) and I've been airing it out (offgassing) it for more than an month and it still stinks like crazy. I'm not comfortable having those fumes in my daughter's room so i'm contacting the company to try to return it. Do not buy this mattress.